Bears Defense WILL be a Top 10 unit this year.

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
I don't have a magical THC crystal ball or anything like some posters do, ( I think we all know who does though, lol), but I think our D can be great this year. Health is obviously the most important thing for us, but damn...luck has to sway our way at some point in time, right?

Our D-line looks AWESOME! Hicks, Goldman, and Bullard are going to BEAST this year. We have good depth in RRH, Howard, even Unrein isn't terrible. The key is Eddie Goldman. PLEASE GOD STAY HEALTHY!

OLBs? Dude, they're good. Even without McKnee, we look pretty good. I'm saying 12+ sacks out of Floyd, another 8-9 from Young, 7 or so for Houston. If Pernell does play relatively healthy snaps this year, he's good for another 8 or so. These guys are good against the run too. (Even Floyd looks much better so far) Our D-line will be keeping blockers off them, and with Vic Fangio's hands on coaching this year, I think we will be more than pleasantly surprised.

ILBs...Freeman=monster! May be drug induced....but still, a monster. Trevathan hasn't done anything yet, except get hurt. I'd love to see his speed and coverage abilities this year. However, even if we don't get to see it, I think Kwiatkowski will be pretty good. At least in the run game. You'd think he'd have some coverage skills though, cause he started off as a safety at WVU....

CBs. Prince is an upgrade. Cooper is an upgrade. Fuller........ LeBlanc and Callahan have also looked better. CB is still a weak spot on the team, but we are MUCH better than last year.

Safety. Originally when the Bears signed Demps, I wasn't exactly impressed. He's looked very sound so far though. He gets turnovers and that has obviously been our Achilles' heel for a few years. Also, I think Eddie Jackson will be everything we're looking for in a safety. Breaks on the ball quickly, good instincts, good range. Tackling was his biggest question mark, but I think he's looked good enough so far. No idea who will be behind them at this point. I'd love to see Hall turn into a player. Amos....... Bush.... Houston-Carson....

Overall, I think with our front 7 and the new players on the backend, we will be proud of this D. We are still a far cry from Urlacher, Briggs, Harris, Brown, Tillman, etc...but we are much better than we have been. I am pumped to see what we can do!!!

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
They have the potential but if the O keeps puttting them back on the field, no way.

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
Right. I just hope our Running game is even better than last year. I am hopeful Trubisky takes the reins sooner rather than later, cause from what I've seen of Glennon so far.....yeeshhhh.....

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The front 7 if healthy is top 10. Secondary not good enough for the overall defense to be top 10 yet, imo. If Eddie Jackson emerges as the playmaker we've been waiting for since Mike Brown, that will help, but the secondary is still a big question mark. Turnovers and third down conversion performance is something I need to see before I'm convinced it's even a solid secondary.

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
The front 7 if healthy is top 10. Secondary not good enough for the overall defense to be top 10 yet, imo. If Eddie Jackson emerges as the playmaker we've been waiting for since Mike Brown, that will help, but the secondary is still a big question mark. Turnovers and third down conversion performance is something I need to see before I'm convinced it's even a solid secondary.

I hear ya on that. I'm just really excited about the front 7, and hope that they help the secondary to be decent. I really want to see Eddie Jackson turn into a stud though. This is the first time in a few years that I've been excited for what the Bears COULD be....

Sid.Luckman

Drunk
Donator
Liked Posts:
which%2Bbrigs%2Bme%2Bto%2Bmy%2Bnext%2Bpoint.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I think they will be improved but top 10 with the Bears secondary, not unless Prince looks like he did pre-injuries with NY, Fuller turns it around, and Jackson is the second coming of Mike Brown.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hear ya on that. I'm just really excited about the front 7, and hope that they help the secondary to be decent. I really want to see Eddie Jackson turn into a stud though. This is the first time in a few years that I've been excited for what the Bears COULD be....

No doubt. The front 5 in particular (Floyd-Hicks-Goldman-Bullard-Young or McPhee) is going to be a juggernaut.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:

A really good front 7 can mask an average secondary. DB's don't have to play perfect coverage if the QB doesn't have time to make a smart read.

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
which%2Bbrigs%2Bme%2Bto%2Bmy%2Bnext%2Bpoint.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I think they will be improved but top 10 with the Bears secondary, not unless Prince looks like he did pre-injuries with NY, Fuller turns it around, and Jackson is the second coming of Mike Brown.

I know man, I know. Just being optimistic here....Thanks for the kick in the nuts. I feel like that douche-canoe antifa twerp that caught a smoke grenade to the balls now....lol

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
I agree. The problem is, we may not recognize it because we start the season with 4 elite offenses. Plus packers, panthers, and saints in the first 9 games. So 7 of first 9 games are versus very potentially great offenses. I predict the bears defense looks average in the first 9 games, and then dominates in the final 7.

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
You are absolutely right. He are taking on some VERY good offenses to start the year. Our schedule is rough, no doubt. However, if they play well against those teams, we should be whooping ass like Adrian Peterson come PLAYOFFS! Yeah I said it! Ok...that's crazy-talk right now, but what the hell...it's Preseason.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
I agree. The problem is, we may not recognize it because we start the season with 4 elite offenses. Plus packers, panthers, and saints in the first 9 games. So 7 of first 9 games are versus very potentially great offenses. I predict the bears defense looks average in the first 9 games, and then dominates in the final 7.

One of these next few years, Drew Brees is going to hit the cliff like Peyton Manning did, and that Saints offense is going to go down the drain. Maybe it'll be this year.

Sid.Luckman

Drunk
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know man, I know. Just being optimistic here....Thanks for the kick in the nuts. I feel like that douche-canoe antifa twerp that caught a smoke grenade to the balls now....lol

Sorry for that. LOL.

Now let me go full meatball. Bears D will have 157 takeaways, score 112 touchdowns, and hold teams to a combined -1600 yards!!!

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I don't have a magical THC crystal ball or anything like some posters do, ( I think we all know who does though, lol), but I think our D can be great this year. Health is obviously the most important thing for us, but damn...luck has to sway our way at some point in time, right?

Our D-line looks AWESOME! Hicks, Goldman, and Bullard are going to BEAST this year. We have good depth in RRH, Howard, even Unrein isn't terrible. The key is Eddie Goldman. PLEASE GOD STAY HEALTHY!

OLBs? Dude, they're good. Even without McKnee, we look pretty good. I'm saying 12+ sacks out of Floyd, another 8-9 from Young, 7 or so for Houston. If Pernell does play relatively healthy snaps this year, he's good for another 8 or so. These guys are good against the run too. (Even Floyd looks much better so far) Our D-line will be keeping blockers off them, and with Vic Fangio's hands on coaching this year, I think we will be more than pleasantly surprised.

ILBs...Freeman=monster! May be drug induced....but still, a monster. Trevathan hasn't done anything yet, except get hurt. I'd love to see his speed and coverage abilities this year. However, even if we don't get to see it, I think Kwiatkowski will be pretty good. At least in the run game. You'd think he'd have some coverage skills though, cause he started off as a safety at WVU....

CBs. Prince is an upgrade. Cooper is an upgrade. Fuller........ LeBlanc and Callahan have also looked better. CB is still a weak spot on the team, but we are MUCH better than last year.

Safety. Originally when the Bears signed Demps, I wasn't exactly impressed. He's looked very sound so far though. He gets turnovers and that has obviously been our Achilles' heel for a few years. Also, I think Eddie Jackson will be everything we're looking for in a safety. Breaks on the ball quickly, good instincts, good range. Tackling was his biggest question mark, but I think he's looked good enough so far. No idea who will be behind them at this point. I'd love to see Hall turn into a player. Amos....... Bush.... Houston-Carson....

Overall, I think with our front 7 and the new players on the backend, we will be proud of this D. We are still a far cry from Urlacher, Briggs, Harris, Brown, Tillman, etc...but we are much better than we have been. I am pumped to see what we can do!!!

That's because you are the magical THC crystal ball!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk