Freeman to IR

xvflutop

Liked Posts:
According to ESPN
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20684533/chicago-bears-place-lb-jerrell-freeman-injured-reserve

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So you post almost every 3 months?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I really like Kwaitkowski, but Freeman was all over the field sunday, really made some impact plays. Nick can make highlight hits, but needs to keep his feet and just tackle and not try to knock everyone with the ball into next week.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
This is the one guy the defense couldn't afford to lose other than Hicks I suppose. Who is going to make the defensive reads on the field? This is shaping up to be exactly the season the Bears need.

Washington

Liked Posts:
He'll get back on the juice or increase the juice so he can heal quickly. Bummer on the injury though.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did they designate him for return?

Anyone know what kind of pectoral injury?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Torn I believe is what I read...

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

You don't need to pre-designate anymore. Up to two players can be brought back from IR per year but they have to spend a certain number of weeks on it first.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
This is the one guy the defense couldn't afford to lose other than Hicks I suppose. Who is going to make the defensive reads on the field? This is shaping up to be exactly the season the Bears need.

Goldman and Floyd are far more important.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Freeman is likely abusing steroids again...hence the injuries.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I really like Kwaitkowski, but Freeman was all over the field sunday, really made some impact plays. Nick can make highlight hits, but needs to keep his feet and just tackle and not try to knock everyone with the ball into next week.
Doing a much better job of that in the pre season. There will be a drop off but it will not be as steep as many think.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Trevathan will make the defensive calls.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
Freeman is the heart of the defense. His absence will be obvious. This is the worst thing that could have happened to that phase.

the dropoff from freeman to kwit is alot less than goldman to jenkins or floyd to acho.

losing goldman or floyd would put us in a worse spot IMO.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Par for the course for the bears. Barely out of week 1 and several devastating injuries already.

What a crazy job pro football is. Train for years to do your job, one injury and you're out for the year but still getting paid millions of dollars.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Par for the course for the bears. Barely out of week 1 and several devastating injuries already.

What a crazy job pro football is. Train for years to do your job, one injury and you're out for the year but still getting paid millions of dollars.

That is true. And how about the guys that get hurt and the next day get released by the team. I hate the way football works sometimes.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
the dropoff from freeman to kwit is alot less than goldman to jenkins or floyd to acho.

losing goldman or floyd would put us in a worse spot IMO.

Freeman was the top rated LB in the league last year. He reads and reacts like no other player on the team. Goldman hasn't done anything since 2015.