Pace not matching offer for Meredith

msadows

Liked Posts:
So pay over 2m to keep a player they didn't want to keep? Makes sense....

This. It wasn't foolish. I think if they really wanted to keep him they would have applied the tender. Don't think bears brass is as high on cam as bears fans are.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
So pay over 2m to keep a player they didn't want to keep? Makes sense....

makes more sense than putting any type of tender on a player to let him walk for "medical reasons"

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
This. It wasn't foolish. I think if they really wanted to keep him they would have applied the tender. Don't think bears brass is as high on cam as bears fans are.

than way apply any tender on him?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
oh well im sure bears will find another udfa to fill the roster.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Who says Nagy didn't want him? The reason the insider gave was medicals. That Nagy didn't want him is speculation.

Anyways 4th round is my sweet spot for a WR, but I guess that depends on the board.

napo55

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure they didn't let Cam walk without a plan for replacing his HoF production...

Glad to see you have faith. What do you think the plan is to replace nearly 900 yards of production?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Cameron Meredith is a solid WR ....kind of like Justin Gage w/ both lungs....I personally hope we draft the Gallup kid....this offense calls for speedy deep threats

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
1. Robinson

2. Gabriel

5. Bellamy

6. White

Huge gap for a team that has routinely been crushed by WR depth issues.
Sometimes your hyperbole astounds me. Earlier in this thread you said that Pace created a hole at WR by not matching Meredith's offer. Now you put together your depth chart that already had a hole in it.

Which is it?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Stupid move by Pace. If it was going to come down to medical then put the 2.9 million tender on him. Currently one ARob injury away from our WRs being shit again and created a hole for the draft.

Just when you think he has turned a corner he does something dumb like this. Fortunately he nailed a lot of his other decisions this offseason so not a huge deal.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
than way apply any tender on him?

I wrote that several,times yesterday. Cam was their "plan b" if they couldn't sign their targeted FAs. They did, so there was no need to keep Cam...on ANY deal or tender...

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I hate losing him because he dude had a lot of potential, but there is no point crying all about over it. Move on. If Nagy thought that Cam was the difference between his offense working or not, he would have told Pace so. Or have we all gven up on Nagy already?

Cam gave us one year of mixed production, which fluctuated based on whether or not Jeffrey was playing. Draft Chark at 39, who is better at this point than Meredith, and our offense will look even better.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Trading down from 8 means little chance to draft an impact player--and Pace will have to draft a WR where he could have filled holes at OG or LB.. Not signing Meredith has a lot of unintended consequences.

Impact players are found all through the draft. E.Goldman is a impact player, J.Howard is a impact player, E.Jackson is a impact player, C.Whitehair is a impact player, T.Cohen is a impact player, A.Amos is a impact player....you just gotta have the right GM with the right scouts to find those players.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Cameron Meredith is a solid WR ....kind of like Justin Gage w/ both lungs....I personally hope we draft the Gallup kid....this offense calls for speedy deep threats

Anthony Miller reminds me of a Steve Smith type of player.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess we will find out if the Bears medical staff knows what the fuck they are doing.

I heard that Meredith will be ready by spring training......then heard he was on Waddle and Silvy saying he doesn't have a time table.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I hate losing him because he dude had a lot of potential, but there is no point crying all about over it. Move on. If Nagy thought that Cam was the difference between his offense working or not, he would have told Pace so. Or have we all gven up on Nagy already?

Cam gave us one year of mixed production, which fluctuated based on whether or not Jeffrey was playing. Draft Chark at 39, who is better at this point than Meredith, and our offense will look even better.

And this is exactly what others are forgetting about...this decision was as much Nagy as Pace...if not more on Nagy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Glad to see you have faith. What do you think the plan is to replace nearly 900 yards of production?

M.Wheaton had a season with 750 yds and another with 650 yds so does that mean he was a great signing for us last year??

napo55

Liked Posts:
Impact players are found all through the draft. E.Goldman is a impact player, J.Howard is a impact player, E.Jackson is a impact player, C.Whitehair is a impact player, T.Cohen is a impact player, A.Amos is a impact player....you just gotta have the right GM with the right scouts to find those players.

The chances of drafting an impact player dramatically decrease in lower rounds. Of course you can always hit the jackpot, but don't bet on it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
the same posters calling pace an idiot would be the same ones calling him an idiot for going into the season with three of our top four wrs coming off a season ending injury.

ccs