Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My david webb prediction still stands

mecha

Liked Posts:
I think Mahomes may be a product of working with an offensive visionary in Andy Reid. the Bears probably had the next Brett Favre back in the 90s but we'll never know cause they were all paired with OCs out of the stone age, and this persisted until our last "franchise" quarterback was paired with a nerd for a little while to find a modicum of success in a vaccum and then wallowed in mediocrity for awhile again in a system where the Bears traded-up-for-like-hella-whoa 2017 pick was throwing 8 times a game.

Mahomes on the 2004-2012 Bears wouldn't even be a topic of discussion. he would pretty much be Jay Cutler, a mere physical specimen that can't lock it all down. until the Kansas City Chiefs can win playoff games I don't think it really matters how good Mahomes is, and it doesn't determine anything regarding Watson or Trubisky.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
He certainly has the best supporting cast in the NFL.

Top 5 offensive line
Travis Kelce
Kareem Hunt
Tyeeek Hill
Sammy Watkins
Andy Reid

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I think Mahomes may be a product of working with an offensive visionary in Andy Reid. the Bears probably had the next Brett Favre back in the 90s but we'll never know cause they were all paired with OCs out of the stone age, and this persisted until our last "franchise" quarterback was paired with a nerd for a little while to find a modicum of success in a vaccum and then wallowed in mediocrity for awhile again in a system where the Bears traded-up-for-like-hella-whoa 2017 pick was throwing 8 times a game.

Mahomes on the 2004-2012 Bears wouldn't even be a topic of discussion. he would pretty much be Jay Cutler, a mere physical specimen that can't lock it all down. until the Kansas City Chiefs can win playoff games I don't think it really matters how good Mahomes is, and it doesn't determine anything regarding Watson or Trubisky.

These guys will be shaping up to be "what they are" by the end of the season. MAYBE the finishing touches will come in the first few games next year.

We argued this early last year with whether or not starting Mitch too early could ruin his development. When the dust settled, the consensus was after 30 or so NFL starts, you are what you are. All this talk about being ruined by coaches and systems and starting too...etc. It doesn't carry much weight.

With that being said, with the final stages of development on the horizon, Mahomes is playing like a future HOFer & Trubisky doesnt appear like he's going to be enshrined in Canton. That's okay though. Maybe we can squeeze a SB outta him like Seattle did Wilson.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mahomes is clearly very good.

He is my concern about him not being able to maintain this crazy pace and the fact that a lot of this is the system.

1. He is 31st in tight window throws, which means that a vast majority of his throws are to WRs that do not have a defender within 1 yard of them. To me that us a system inflating some of the stats.

2. He is at the top of the league in terms of yards generated by YAC and YAC/reception. The skill talent around him does a lot of work.

3. He has the most TDs [8] in the league thrown behind the line or within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I give Mahomes props and admit I thought he would be a turnover prone type of QB. He is better then I thought but his numbers are inflated and will come back to earth. Good system and players around him is what you want for any young QB. KC done it right and we are doing it right too. They are ahead of us in the process. At the end of the day if Tubisky is good we got the pick right. No matter what others do.

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
.....bump..... 50TD, 5000 yards....I guess you could say he hasn't won in the playoffs....but that's coming.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
.....bump..... 50TD, 5000 yards....I guess you could say he hasn't won in the playoffs....but that's coming.

I actually enjoyed reading through this and seeing some people fall flat on their faces with predictions on Mahomes basically being a bust. lol! I liked Mahomes coming out of college and really, really wanted the Bears to get him but I was ok with Mitch because im not sold on Watson and still am not. Mahomes is the stud I thought he'd be and if there's any doubt check my post history im sure youll find some posts of me praising him before the draft. Im not surprised at any of his success in the pros. Not at all.

Just to add I still think Mitch is going to be a really good qb in this league and all the people giving up on him already are just morons. This was his first season in a new system with a new coach and he still put up some decent numbers. I think next year he shines.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This dude is so fucking Special person.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Mahomes is a damn good QB, but OP reminds me of a poster from a Sox board that would only post to brag about Zach Greinke's prospects for winning the AL Cy Young Award when he was on the Royals. He was kind of annoying. In fact, he might be that same poster. Gus and Czar Nicholas can vouch for me on this one.

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
Mahomes is a damn good QB, but OP reminds me of a poster from a Sox board that would only post to brag about Zach Greinke's prospects for winning the AL Cy Young Award when he was on the Royals. He was kind of annoying. In fact, he might be that same poster. Gus and Czar Nicholas can vouch for me on this one.

That isn't me but damn....I know I am being kind of a dick right now, bringing this back up right after a playoff loss....but bragging on Zack Grienke winning a cy young for a team that lost like 100 games is trolling beyond my level....I'm interested to see what Mitch may yet become....the Eagles sure were jumping him quite a bit....he's still young....had a decent season and going 12-4 and winning a division is way better than what you've had going on there for quite a while...I know the D aided alot of that, but the Reid/Nagy offense can get you some places even if your QB isn't quite elite.

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The Chiefs are at home in a playoff game, Andy Reid is their coach, and they have a shit defense

The Colts are the hottest team in the NFL and they have Andrew Luck well-protected in the pocket.

The Chiefs are utterly fucked. No amount of Mahomes magic is going to save them. I have no idea how the Colts are +5.5. If I were a betting man...

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
yes when i'm at kindercare I look at the 3 year olds and say..."this one is the best kid of this group...because nothing could possibly change from this point forward"

Monster

Liked Posts:
Mahomes is playing lights out.
31 teams missed on that one.
Not the first or last time that will happen.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
yes when i'm at kindercare I look at the 3 year olds and say..."this one is the best kid of this group...because nothing could possibly change from this point forward"
Do you browse the three year olds at Kindercare that often?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mahomes is playing lights out.
31 teams missed on that one.
Not the first or last time that will happen.

9 teams. He was a top 10 pick.
He did not look special last year or this preseason but he's obviously a gamer that can be coached. :beer:

Monster

Liked Posts:
9 teams. He was a top 10 pick.
He did not look special last year or this preseason but he's obviously a gamer that can be coached. :beer:

You are right of course...
My point was if teams had crystal balls the majority of them would have traded up.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Do you browse the three year olds at Kindercare that often?

unlike you I've actually fertilized eggs in life and taken them to daycare so yes, I am way ahead of you and your attempt at smart remarks in adult life

Status
Not open for further replies.