When can we expect Roquan Smith to be signed?

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Rookies report to tc on 7/16. It's possible the Bears could get the deal done in 3 days,but not likely. Is the 19th,when the vets report more realistic?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Rookies report to tc on 7/16. It's possible the Bears could get the deal done in 3 days,but not likely. Is the 19th,when the vets report more realistic?

Picks are slotted now. No reason to worry.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The deal might already be done and then they will just have him sign it on Monday when he arrives. Either way, it will be done sometime next week before camp starts.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't see him signing. He's too promising a prospect to want anything to do with this franchise. I imagine he's bugging Pace for a trade to a team with a good QB as we speak. The Texans could use a replacement for that idiot Cushing.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't see him signing. He's too promising a prospect to want anything to do with this franchise. I imagine he's bugging Pace for a trade to a team with a good QB as we speak. The Texans could use a replacement for that idiot Cushing.

Word is he was thinking of the Texans but realized thier QB gets hurt every season. He might consider the Packers

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

I heard that the Texans want to send Watson to the Bears for Smith to be Trubisky's backup but the Bears aren't biting.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Picks our slotted now. No reason to worry.

Bosa held out over the offset language in his contract. There's no reason yet to think Smith goes this route but "slotted" is only part of the equation.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody biting on micks worm

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
remember when the bears used to the first to sign all their rookies each year and everyone would get all excited, like fuck yeah, we beat everyone, super bowl bitches

BearForceOne

Liked Posts:
remember when the bears used to the first to sign all their rookies each year and everyone would get all excited, like fuck yeah, we beat everyone, super bowl bitches

Cliff Fucking Stein was the man

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
@RapSheet: #Bears first-round LB Roquan Smith is not with the team as the rookies report for training camp today, sources say. It’s not officially a holdout until the veterans are due on July 19, but Smith doesn’t have a deal yet. So he’s staying away until it happens.

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
Has there been a report out there of what the exact hold-up is? Off-set language or Signing Bonus payout?

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I knew this guy would be a bozo when he left his fucking team issued laptop in his unlocked car. That told me all I need to know, this guy is a me first person.