'This is the type of offense I should be in' Mitch Trubisky ...

Mitchapalooza

I'm pretty sure Trubisky just tells the media what they want to hear. Wasn't there something last year on his media persona being way different than how he is around the team? Kinda like just saying the right thing and getting out of there.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People that think there is trolling happening in this thread are fucking stupid.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
I don't think he's stupid, I think he's boring.

You just said, in that quote, you don't think he's very Bright. Look, I know that at least he's not Grossman dumb. But I don't expect him to be Jim McMahon smart at reading defenses. I'm in a wait and see with Trubs. He's really proven nothing yet.

broughtupbears

Liked Posts:
On a more serious note. I actually felt that way about him last year but find this article a lot more informative.
agreed. This seemed polar opposite of last years trubisky.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You just said, in that quote, you don't think he's very Bright.

No, I didn't. In pondering your question about why he never manages anything more interesting than the most trite cliches, I said ...

He might be sincere and just not very bright, or not have the most developed social skills. All he ever says to anything is "Yeah we're working to get better at that, listening to the coaches and working hard and just trying to get better every day". Yaawwwwwwwwwwn! He has the charisma of a brick.

Here's the thing. If you're going to accuse me of trolling, you should be able to point to the example you take exception to without altering words, selectively quoting, and straight up falsifying quotes. The fact that you needed to do all of these things in this discussion shows that you have no point, and are just being a whiny fanboy.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
No, I didn't. In pondering your question about why he never manages anything more interesting than the most trite cliches, I said ...

Here's the thing. If you're going to accuse me of trolling, you should be able to point to the example you take exception to without altering words, selectively quoting, and straight up falsifying quotes. The fact that you needed to do all of these things in this discussion shows that you have no point, and are just being a whiny fanboy.

You are obviously being sincere. So, you don't think Trubs is very Bright?

Tostada

Liked Posts:

One quote I misquoted. Didn't mean to make you melt. Watson's Wonderlic is 5 points lower than Trubs. But he'll be a better player if he ever plays again.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One quote I misquoted. Didn't mean to make you melt. Watson's Wonderlic is 5 points lower than Trubs. But he'll be a better player if he ever plays again.
Wonderlic? Watson? When did I say anything about any of that? I'm talking about Trubisky's almost satirical level of sports cliches in his interview answers.

You are obviously being sincere. So, you don't think Trubs is very Bright?

Couldn't tell you. All I know is he's fucking boring.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Wonderlic? Watson? When did I say anything about any of that? I'm talking about Trubisky's almost satirical level of sports cliches in his interview answers.

Yup. He is so canned. I find it hilarious. Than there is Baker Mayfield...I find him hilarious too. It's all theater too me.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yep, go around the league and check out some of the QB interviews, Brady, Cousins, Ryan, yawn.

A lot of player interviews are boring and have been for years. He should grow a neck beard and take pics while holding a bottle of Jack.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yep, go around the league and check out some of the QB interviews, Brady, Cousins, Ryan, yawn.

A lot of player interviews are boring and have been for years. He should grow a neck beard and take pics while holding a bottle of Jack.
At least Brady sounds like a thinking adult rather than a school child reading a script.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bearmick is angry Bernie.
20rmqc.jpg

Unfortunately, I am feeling the Bern.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Boring off the field = boring on the field. Answering every question with "just going out there and trying to get better each and every day" is the charismatic equivalent of throwing seven TDs in a season.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Talk about false equivalency and limited perspective. I could be wrong but I suspect we'll see an aggressive tendency increasing as the season moves forward.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Boring off the field = boring on the field. Answering every question with "just going out there and trying to get better each and every day" is the charismatic equivalent of throwing seven TDs in a season.

Not sure I follow this one Mick.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Talk about false equivalency and limited perspective. I could be wrong but I suspect we'll see an aggressive tendency increasing as the season moves forward.
So the Donald Trump of CCS. Interesting thought.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
That makes the list of top ten most painfully stupid posts I have ever seen here.

Lotta people in here seem to like reading fluff just to point out that fluff is boring. Maybe you should just jerk off to a picture of Broadway Joe in a fur coat and sign off for a while.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's makes the list of top ten most painfully stupid posts I have ever seen here.

Lotta people in here seem to like reading fluff just to point out that fluff is boring. Maybe you should just jerk off to a picture of Broadway Joe in a fur coat and sign off for a while.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
We need a Namath type. These new receivers are going to fall asleep in the huddle.