Mitch going deep

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
He's totally capable of delivering in-stride deep ball strikes. I think he needs to build some chemistry with these new receivers and the timing/placement issues will improve as we approach the regular season.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, QBs throw deep darts to receivers at the pro bowl every year that they've never played with before. Mitch has had plenty of time practicing with these players at OTAs. The chemistry excuse doesn't fly.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, QBs throw deep darts to receivers at the pro bowl every year that they've never played with before. Mitch has had plenty of time practicing with these players at OTAs. The chemistry excuse doesn't fly.

This.

If only we could go back to the glory days of da bearz qb
Dhv_ylUW0AEAz93.jpg

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

You be trollin hard. It's actually pretty funny how much of a troll you are. Texans are looking for new fans

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You be trollin hard. It's actually pretty funny how much of a troll you are. Texans are looking for new fans

Counterpoints with facts are how to successfully rebut a post you disagree with. Just calling someone a troll is not. It makes you look like a fanboy who wants to shelter your fragile fantasy narrative from objective analysis.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Counterpoints with facts are how to successfully rebut a post you disagree with. Just calling someone a troll is not. It makes you look like a fanboy who wants to shelter your fragile fantasy narrative from objective analysis.

Let's face the facts the CCS way, 'mickster . . .

. . . Pro-Snails/Nagy/Frisky = knowledgeable fan and a great poster . . .

. . . Still questioning the status of the "complete" rebuild = troll.

It's really that simple . . .

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
He's totally capable of delivering in-stride deep ball strikes. I think he needs to build some chemistry with these new receivers and the timing/placement issues will improve as we approach the regular season.

This. Ain’t nothing wrong. We are just speaking the obvious right now but nothing to worry about at this time.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Bummer thought this was gonna be similar to the Jimmy G thread...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Whats the issue here?

Arm strength? Experience? Both?

Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/vzhqjnzCW-Q
There are only three real options in my opinion. Either:

1) He lacks the necessary arm strength;
2) He lacks the necessary accuracy; or
3) It's just a timing issue.

I have not seen anything to lead me to believe it's number one.

I'd be a little more concerned that it's number 2, but I've not seen anything at all that would lead me to believe that. Especially when you consider he's number 19 all time in regards to rookie completion percentages (if they threw 200 passes). On top of that he flashed on many occasions with real pinpoint accuracy, including a few times on deep throws. That's not to say the inverse isn't true either.

So, with all of that, I think at this point I'd call it a timing issue. This will be corrected with more experience. To just discount someone's ability because probowlers don't have issues is insane and unfair when talking about a guy entering his second year in a new system with new wrs at the start of training camp, without even getting into the issue of whether the probowler comment is factual or not. Let's see if the problem persists.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
There are only three real options in my opinion. Either:

1) He lacks the necessary arm strength;
2) He lacks the necessary accuracy; or
3) It's just a timing issue.

I have not seen anything to lead me to believe it's number one.

I'd be a little more concerned that it's number 2, but I've not seen anything at all that would lead me to believe that. Especially when you consider he's number 19 all time in regards to rookie completion percentages (if they threw 200 passes). On top of that he flashed on many occasions with real pinpoint accuracy, including a few times on deep throws. That's not to say the inverse isn't true either.

So, with all of that, I think at this point I'd call it a timing issue. This will be corrected with more experience. To just discount someone's ability because probowlers don't have issues is insane and unfair when talking about a guy entering his second year in a new system with new wrs at the start of training camp, without even getting into the issue of whether the probowler comment is factual or not. Let's see if the problem persists.

I definitely think this is just an issue of getting used to new timing. The only guys who he had experience throwing to that are here now are Bellamy, the tight ends behind Burton on the depth chart, and the running backs. Notice that the passes to Shaheen and Cohen all look pretty good.

This in an offense that supposedly fits well with his individual talents, but isn't tailored to him specifically. It's going to take time for it all to click. Let's be happy that it looks like we have all the weapons Trubisky needs to be successful in the building, and look forward to watching him grow.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Trubs will be fine. He was a green rookie who everyone knew needed work playing with trash and being coached by trash...yet he steadily improved each month. There’s really zero reason, or very little reason to be concerned right now. There’s a ton to be enthused about. Obviously the results will be on the field but it’s weird how anyone could be so down on Mitch. But I guess we’ll see what happens. I still don’t expect a pro bowl QB this season, but I do expect an above average QB who will continue to project upwards.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
it's so hard not to take the bait because they're softball statements.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Trollin trollin trollin.....you be trollin troll boy.