If the Bears Season Started Today . . .

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears were to start a new season today, with the same schedule as this past year, what would you project their record would be? How many games were lost that could have or should have been won? Four? How many games were won that could have or should have been lost? Zero, or maybe two at most?

And people are still challenging the most important position on the field? Game manager, whatever. He will only get better. The way I see it, he lit it up against the bad defenses, and game managed and sometimes struggled against the best defenses, like most good quarterbacks.

So, let's hear it, what's the Bears record if a new season started today with same rosters and schedule.

I say 15-1, and #1 seed.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd say just about the same. Maybe 13-3. It's hard to win in the NFL. Maybe a few go our way that didn't the first time, maybe we get some injuries or big plays that go the other way. Who knows. All I do know is I'm very, very happy with how they performed during the regular season. They definitely exceeded my expectations.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We wouldnt lose to the Packers in the opening or lose to the Dolphins

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
The defense is still only interested in stomping the best teams. Which bodes well for this playoff run, but not during a regular season.

Still, Nagy and Mitch aren't freaking out anymore, so they'd win more close ones.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
0-16.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No better than 14-2 as even if we presume we beat the Pack and Dolphins, we still probably lose to the Pats and Giants (without Trubs). We also then most like lose to the Vikes to end the year because we would be heading into that game 14-1 with the 1st seed already clinched since we would have the tiebreaker on the Saints.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No better than 14-2 as even if we presume we beat the Pack and Dolphins, we still probably lose to the Pats and Giants (without Trubs). We also then most like lose to the Vikes to end the year because we would be heading into that game 14-1 with the 1st seed already clinched since we would have the tiebreaker on the Saints.

That is a very fair answer. I think that this team has progressed and is ready for top effort(s) while some of the chief competition seemed to be at their best earlier in the season, and now going to have to try to re-rally the troops.

mecha

Liked Posts:

the Patriots got lucky bounces to win. you take away the ST blunders and I'm sure people will say the Bears outperformed them.

in fact, statistically, they did. if the Dolphins weren't cheating bastards forcing the away team to wear their dark jerseys in exposed heat, Bears probably win that one handily. Trubisky never gets hurt, they win the Giants game too.

16-0.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
About the same. They played some close games that could’ve gone either way, although more losses than wins, I suppose.

NFL is funny like that. I find myself already wondering what next year and the year after will look like. 12-4 is really hard to duplicate. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the offense be better, the team to overall be better, and the Bears be 10-6.

Such is football. But in any case, this is a really good team, and should continue to be.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
They certainly wouldn’t be as lucky with the injuries—that’s almost for certain.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Easy answer ...either 15-1 or 16-0!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
16-0, 2 seed on strength of schedule vs Saints.

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
Not sure because I believe most of our wins were answers to losses, if that makes any sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
All I know is regardless of how this post season works out...next year should be one hell of a slugfest. Our schedule appears to be much tougher but with Mitch in this offense another year and a 100% Anthony Miller, the passing game could really take off. I just hope we have as much luck with injuries overall as we have this year. I'm saying 13-3 next year with #1 seed.