2019 / Trubisky

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
First, I thought Trubiksy, while not playing a very good game overall, did look good in the clutch....that's the end of the good news.

Bad news:

I think the Bears D will be good again next season, but maybe not great because, you'll play a first place schedule, and defensive performance tends to vary from year to year in general. there will be a hangover from this loss on top of that. In the 2018 offseason, the Bears went out and made some major roster changes to get this offense going....no such additions are coming this year so any improvement has to come from Mitch (and others) You also are without those draft picks traded.....so the team you have is the one your going to have.....I'm not convinced that you don't revert to 8-8 or 9-7 next year just because that is alot to deal with and overcome.

I wouldn't bet on the Bears to repeat as division champs next year.

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
First, I thought Trubiksy, while not playing a very good game overall, did look good in the clutch....that's the end of the good news.

Bad news:

I think the Bears D will be good again next season, but maybe not great because, you'll play a first place schedule, and defensive performance tends to vary from year to year in general. there will be a hangover from this loss on top of that. In the 2018 offseason, the Bears went out and made some major roster changes to get this offense going....no such additions are coming this year so any improvement has to come from Mitch (and others) You also are without those draft picks traded.....so the team you have is the one your going to have.....I'm not convinced that you don't revert to 8-8 or 9-7 next year just because that is alot to deal with and overcome.

I'm going to bet on them repeating as disvision champs.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
OP begged for being a negative Nancy

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Meh, we’ll see.

I do think their record will regress. Maybe 10-6 or so.

And a lot of the bounces that went their way this year won’t next year.

And the injury luck may not continue.

But this team is built to continually make the playoffs. So that’s what I think they’ll do.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Yeah, could have a lot tougher schedule next year. No reason why they can't win double digit games again next season though.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
And losing Fangio

swz01

Liked Posts:
I think the NFC North could be won with a 9-7 record next year. We'll probably be a 4th or 6th seed with the 1st place schedule. Could see us getting bubbled out of the playoff race with a key injury or two.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
u do realize our hc was hired right after getting bounced in the first round right?

and the d had a hell of a game. sure people will focus on that last drive, but the fact is they only gave up 16 points.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The 2019 Bears offense will be much better than the 2018 version.

The 2019 Bears defense will regress. (loss of players, tougher schedule and injuries)

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Trubisky balled in the 4th so that's encouraging. I honestly don't know what the fuck kind of play calling was happening in the first half. Mizzell/Cunningham should not have seen the field. Bears were playing scared. Cost them the game.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
The defense won’t matter if the offense can’t score 20 points. 15 points is less than their season average. The downfield passing game needs to be figured out.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

Bad news:

lol to the bolded. Also love th logic from "the team you have (now) is the one you're going to have" to not betting on the bears to repeat as division champs because ... the team now is the one we will have. Solid logic there. Tucked away is the assumption that GB and Minn and Det all get better while the Bears stay the same. The ONLY logical conclusion given that assumption is that the other teams may (or may not) close the gap on the Bears but still does not demand the conclusion that the Bears cannot repeat as division champs.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not a big loss. This will be the best DC job on the market so we'll be able to get a former HC to replace him.

Oh good, I am relieved. Former HCs never fail when going back to coordinator jobs. Good to know a Fangio loss will be no big deal.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh, we’ll see.

I do think their record will regress. Maybe 10-6 or so.

And a lot of the bounces that went their way this year won’t next year.

And the injury luck may not continue.

But this team is built to continually make the playoffs. So that’s what I think they’ll do.
This

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think the NFC North could be won with a 9-7 record next year. We'll probably be a 4th or 6th seed with the 1st place schedule. Could see us getting bubbled out of the playoff race with a key injury or two.

This is funny. Posted 4:26 am Jan. 7 2018

CCS HOF material. Take a bow.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The 2019 Bears offense will be much better than the 2018 version.

The 2019 Bears defense will regress. (loss of players, tougher schedule and injuries)

Bunch of Nostradamii (pl. Nostradamus) on the board today. CCS must be where lottery winners hang out.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Bears need a RB(that fits this offense) a Speedster at WR and a RT.

Defense needs a SS slot CB/outside CB and OLB.

Its quite possible to fix 4/6.

Best case scenario coward takes over RT 1/6

Bears draft a Speedster at WR 2/6
And RB 3/6

FA resign/sign a SS and CB 5/6

Draft OLB 6/6

I think the bears have the flexibility to do alot and fix most of our positions of need.

I think RT/SS/CB/RB/WR is the order of need.

Kicker is an obv one but you can get those late or in FA under 4 mill a year for a great kicker.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
lol to the bolded. Also love the logic from "the team you have (now) is the one you're going to have" to not betting on the bears to repeat as division champs because ... the team now is the one we will have. Solid logic there. Tucked away is the assumption that GB and Minn and Det all get better while the Bears stay the same. The ONLY logical conclusion given that assumption is that the other teams may (or may not) close the gap on the Bears but still does not demand the conclusion that the Bears cannot repeat as division champs.

I think Detroit will get little better but Green Bay will have a new coach and still be light on talent except at QB. I don't see them getting any better and the defense could easily regress. And who knows what will happen in Minny. If they get a competent OC they could/should compete for the division title. Bottom line, the division shouldn't be the cakewalk it was this year.

It rests on young Mr. Trubisky's shoulders. He still hasn't shown enough consistency in his game. Worse, he looks lost and confused way too often. All he needs to be is competent and I like our chances.