Kapernick settles collusion case against the NFL

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What he should have settled on was the contract that the Broncos offered him. I guess making a point was more important to him than playing football though.

Oh, and can someone give Run and Shit a cookie for finally figuring out the multi-quote button?

Lol, what?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/08/nfl-broncos-john-elway-colin-kaepernick-contract-collusion-case

The Broncos offered him a contract as part of a trade with SF and before the protests. Kap at the time was making 12 million and the Broncos offered 7 million. Kap stayed with the Niners and made his 12 million.

The idea that Kap should have accepted that deal is laughable. Who the fuck is going to accept a trade that pays 5 million less than what they currently making?

I also love the idea that Kap somehow should have foreseen in his crystal ball that he would protest and be blackballed and thus accept a contract several months prior to his protest even starting. Elway really fooled you guys with his bullshit claim.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
why can't they both win? NFL won bc none of their dirty laundry is going to be made public. Kaep won bc in the end, he got paid and has the optics of the NFL colluding against him even if he couldn't really prove collusion.

As for the ppl saying the NFL paid him to make him go away...go away from what exactly? from the NFL? he was already away from the NFL. What did they pay him to go away from? Are ppl all of a sudden going to stop talking abt the NFL colluding against Kaep?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lol, what?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/08/nfl-broncos-john-elway-colin-kaepernick-contract-collusion-case

The Broncos offered him a contract as part of a trade with SF and before the protests. Kap at the time was making 12 million and the Broncos offered 7 million. Kap stayed with the Niners and made his 12 million.

The idea that Kap should have accepted that deal is laughable. Who the fuck is going to accept a trade that pays 5 million less than what they currently making?

I also love the idea that Kap somehow should have foreseen in his crystal ball that he would protest and be blackballed and thus accept a contract several months prior to his protest even starting. Elway really fooled you guys with his bullshit claim.

Elway may have set the table for this settlement with those foolish comments.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
why can't they both win? NFL won bc none of their dirty laundry is going to be made public. Kaep won bc in the end, he got paid and has the optics of the NFL colluding against him even if he couldn't really prove collusion.

As for the ppl saying the NFL paid him to make him go away...go away from what exactly? from the NFL? he was already away from the NFL. What did they pay him to go away from? Are ppl all of a sudden going to stop talking abt the NFL colluding against Kaep?

But that is the big question is go away from what. And because he took the money we will never know

This case could have uncovered many many things but we just don’t know anymore. Could be collusion, open racism, cte info etc

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post
Question is should Kap have held out and gone to court?

he still thinks some team is going to sign him, so why drag this out two more years?

Good point.

They couda' saved some $$$ by signing him a while back. But better late than never. IMO, he's as good or better than
Qb's who were and are starters ( over the past few yrs) and should get another shot at playing

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I didn't know he settled!

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

Obviously not to "go away from the NFL", as that was the one thing the NFL could control, as evidenced by the fact that they kept Kaepernick out of the league for the last few years.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But that is the big question is go away from what. And because he took the money we will never know

This case could have uncovered many many things but we just don’t know anymore. Could be collusion, open racism, cte info etc

Lol fans ready found out the NFL basically covered up and refused to pay guys benefits related to football injuries. You think collusion is going to get them upset?

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw that earlier. $10m is less than the NFL wasted on DeflateGate.

napo55

Liked Posts:
We can expect he will write a (ghostwritten) book and cash in for several more million. Looks like his protests turned out to be a financial success.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
How is it tin foil hat shit if an arbiter decided there was enoygh info to go to trial and the NFL settled?

Whether there was collusion and whethet Kap could prove it is unknown. However it is obvious there was enough evidence to proceed.

10 million is pocket change for the NFL. If Kaepernicks's attorneys believed there was enough evidence to WIN at trial (much different than proceed to trial) there is no way he would have settled for such a (relatively) low amount. Anyone that didn't express extreme skepticism over the report 60-80 million payout was putting their own ideology/agenda over objectivity. It's very difficult to prove a collision case. Settling for 10 million was a way for the NFL to make this situation go away and for Kaepernick to claim victory.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
We can expect he will write a (ghostwritten) book and cash in for several more million. Looks like his protests turned out to be a financial success.

You are insinuating the Kaepernick is the only guy making money, that's not true, his protests have done a lot to help people. His sacrifice has done more good than most people.

"The Bears were the first team this year to max out the player-team matching program. The five players on the Bears’ social justice committee—Sam Acho, Trey Burton, Akiem Hicks, Mitchell Trubisky and Chase Daniel—told the team during a training-camp meeting about the matching opportunities."

"Combined with contributions from coaches and the front office, and additional matching through the Bears Care foundation plus some NFL grants, the team raised $813,850, which will be split among five Chicago organizations doing work such as providing shoes to the homeless and offering intervention or tutoring services to at-risk kids."

"The total partnership was originally reported by ESPN to offer $89 million in funding, distributed both nationally and locally. The player-team matching program is one portion, which could generate $16 million annually if all 32 teams max it out like the Bears did."

If there were more "greedy" people like Kaepernick out there America would be a better place. So far I would say Kaepernick taking a knee is helping people, making a real difference, my hats off to the man for his very successful protest. I understand that there is a very specific group of "Americans" that think he is evil for taking the advice of the white special forces soldier, but so far it's looking like a resounding success.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/28/nfl-social-justice-players-coalition-programs

Mitchapalooza

Less than $10m total between Kaep and Reid. Factor in lawyer fees, Kaep probably got like $3m.

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif