OT. Around the rink talk

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you have played, still play, or have kids playing. Talk about it in this thread. I know we have a few members that used to play. Figured this could be a cool way to talk about other aspects of hockey not just the Hawks.

I will sticky it.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I did not play. Only basement hockey..

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My sons just started playing, and I'm hoping to play some beer league games this summer or fall. I love hockey, and now my boys want to play. Figured all of us playing would be a memorable family time.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Played 15 years....right before getting drafted (Army not NHL, lol) played one season at UIC long, long before they had the Pavilion. Games and practices were in Oak Park. Did get to play in the Notre Dame Invitational Tournament at The Chicago Stadium....it was our first year there and got our asses kicked royally. The ice at the Stadium was absolutely the best ice I've ever skated on...not hard, chippy or soft....just perfect. Another thing when you're playing in front of only four or five hundred people...it echoed in there. Damn, I miss that place.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Knees and back have retired me after exactly one charity game.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Knees and back have retired me after exactly one charity game.
And me and my wife were at that game with our nephew! After meeting Jako, he asked about him for a couple years. lol What ever happened to him? Had fun at the bar afterward too.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
And me and my wife were at that game with our nephew! After meeting Jako, he asked about him for a couple years. lol What ever happened to him? Had fun at the bar afterward too.
He's still around it seem. See a post from here every now and then on the facebook group I think. Been a while though.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Heading out again tomorrow for stick time, and a free skate afterwards.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
During stick time yesterday 6yr old got knocked by some bigger kid. Next thing my oldest son goes Dad watch; there goes my youngest chasing down some kid and cross checking him the back. I laughed and figured that would be the end of it nope my youngest kept doing it and chirping at the kid.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopef
During stick time yesterday 6yr old got knocked by some bigger kid. Next thing my oldest son goes Dad watch; there goes my youngest chasing down some kid and cross checking him the back. I laughed and figured that would be the end of it nope my youngest kept doing it and chirping at the kid.
[/QUOTE

Show him some Probert youtubes.lol

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
His favorite player is Byfuglien. I catch him watching Big Buff videos on YouTube once he gets home from school. He could care less about shooting; he just wants to body check kids, and if he gets the chance he goes for me when I'm on the ice with him and his brother.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Played for 15 years. Got burnt out and quit after high school. Have regretted that decision.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
You would have been the next Gordy Howe, amirite?

Nah. Maybe the 70 year old version.

Point is you have to commit 100% if you think you have the goods. I didn't think I did

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Some kid on my 7yr old son baseball team went up to him in the dugout told him he wasnt a hockey player. My son shoved him into a trash can in the dugout. Told him say I'm not a hockey player again.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some kid on my 7yr old son baseball team went up to him in the dugout told him he wasnt a hockey player. My son shoved him into a trash can in the dugout. Told him say I'm not a hockey player again.

You're raising a bad ass...?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Holy shit Q just pulled Kitchen into the staff. Hahaha