Bears trade Howard to Philly for a 6th (possible 5th)

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You don’t get a 2019 pick for Jordan, it’s a 2020 6th, which has the value of a 2019 7th. Might as well have held onto him at that point.
FFS, can we cease the a 6th is worth a 7th next yr shit. That is about teams having to give up an extra round to move in to a given draft. Like a team offering next years 2nd to take a teams 3rd to get a player they like this season. A sixth is a fucking sixth.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What evidence has there ever been that Pace has traded a guy for lesser compensation to benefit that player? I like J Howard, but in no way, shape, or form should Pace have passed on a 5th this season for a 5/6 next, and I doubt he did.

B Marsh to the Jets to place him in better proximity to his media gig in NYC.

Marty B and Jared Allen both traded for "peanuts" to get them both on teams that ended their seasons in the Super Bowl.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
FFS, can we cease the a 6th is worth a 7th next yr shit. That is about teams having to give up an extra round to move in to a given draft. Like a team offering next years 2nd to take a teams 3rd to get a player they like this season. A sixth is a fucking sixth.
I would trade all of my seventh round picks for first rounders six years in the future.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
B Marsh to the Jets to place him in better proximity to his media gig in NYC.

Marty B and Jared Allen both traded for "peanuts" to get them both on teams that ended their seasons in the Super Bowl.
What better offers did Pace turn down for these players? I have never seen it shone or even suggested Pace had better offers but made these moves for the players sake. And CAR was 7-8-1 the season prior to Allen being traded there, so you are suggesting Pace sent him there because they were considered SB contenders? Please. That's like saying Gruden sent Mack to the Bears despite reported better offers because he hoped to get Mack on a playoff team.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
JH’s YPC and receptions went down ever year he was in the league. 3.7 YPC last year. Worst year of career in Nagy’s offense.

Quit being a bitch and stop acting like they are trying to replace Jesus.

Not liking a shitty trade doesn't equal being a bitch.

Grow up.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Been busy at work, so I haven't had a chance to catch up on Bears news. Usually I get notifications...

WOW. Really low pick for him. That's disappointing. I have no issue with trading him at all. He just didn't fit what Nagy wants in his system. It happens. Thank you Howard for you service to the beloved. But a sixth round pick NEXT season? That's weak and give us no benefit NOW like we just gave them....

This makes the Bears RB situation a HUGE question mark now. Going in with Cohen or Mike Davis being an every down back is not good. Howard didnt fit Nagy system, but he's a way better RB than Davis. This just got real interesting...

BEARS

Last edited:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What better offers did Pace turn down for these players? I have never seen it shone or even suggested Pace had better offers but made these moves for the players sake. And CAR was 7-8-1 the season prior to Allen being traded there, so you are suggesting Pace sent him there because they were considered SB contenders? Please. That's like saying Gruden sent Mack to the Bears despite reported better offers because he hoped to get Mack on a playoff team.

There was plenty word around the B Marsh trade that Pace could have done better, but was trying to do what was best for the team and the player.

Also...there was a lot of buzz behind that Panthers team...just like most expected the Bears to do better than the six/three/five wins seasons they just suffered through.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a fan of the move. Not that I’ll miss Howard, but just wondering who they are targeting on draft. Everyone knows the Bears need a RB so I’m wondering how Pace will ensure he gets his guy.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a sixth that could become a 5th based on JH's 2019 production. You can't have that stipulation in the trade without it being a 2020 pick....it's really not that difficult to understand.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Please point to him getting the better of Pace. And your repeated reference to winning a SB as sole evidence needed to prove that he got the better of x,y,or z is pretzel logic misguided. I am convinced that if you had a national platform for your thoughts a phrase like irremlogical would become part of our lexicon and eventually adopted to the Websters dictionary, as your strange ability to like A to walrus to bellybutton lint is truly unique and deserving of its own word.

I think he is using the Super Bowl as reasoning to show it's not just fans raising an eyebrow with our compensation, or the quality of player Howard is. People say trust Pace because Pace knows what he is doing, but on the other hand, a better team than us with a Super Bowl wanted the guy everyone hates here. If Howard is good enough for Philly, than he should be good enough to be depth or an emergency starter here until we actually find his replacement.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
It's a sixth that could become a 5th based on JH's 2019 production. You can't have that stipulation in the trade without it being a 2020 pick....it's really not that difficult to understand.
Everyone gets this. You could have probably gotten a 6th this year if you waited til draft day to trade him. If not, no big deal as losing a 6th next year isn't soul crushing. I won't even consider a fifth because that would mean Howard isn't as useless as our fans make him out to be.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I'm very intrigued as to what Mike Davis can do in an extended role. He looked very good in a crowded backfield in Seattle. This offense isn't built for a "workhorse". Davis and Cohen make this offense less predictable.

All that said, I wouldn't be shocked if they drafted a RB

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Love this idea/perception that Pace had better offers, but went with this one.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
so the guy that did the unthinkable and got Mack is a idiot ok

Throwing a bunch of picks at another team for their All-Pro pass rusher does not take a large IQ.

That is why they refer to it as a "no-brainer" move.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
so the guy that did the unthinkable and got Mack is a idiot ok

It was an unprecedented trade for a defensive player. Hardly "unthinkable" when you throw that many quality draft picks at a rebuilding team.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
nah you know this trade was bad..we got nothing back for this season.

Can’t force teams to give us stuff.

He wasn’t going to be used here so what was the point in keeping him.

Would have loved a pick this year, he just didn’t have that value.