The RB Position

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears had 468 rushing attempts last season and I would expect that to hold or even have a slight reduction as Mitchell improves

The question now is how does it get split up [2018 carries in this offense]

Mike Davis

Tarik Cohen [99]

Draft Pick

Cordarelle Patterson

Other WRs [16]

QB [19 called runs]

4th RB [Mizzell, Cunningham, Nall] [20]

Random Craziness [Hicks, Burton] [2]

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How I could see it breaking down,

Mike Davis [151]

-He had 112 carries last season and a slight up tick is probably realistic.

Tarik Cohen [115]

-This is an extra carry a game for Cohen which seems realistic and gives Cohen another guaranteed touch.

Draft Pick [113]

-Some of these could be siphoned off if the rookie struggles, but this 7 carries a game which I think is reasonable for a rookie specifically one drafted in the 3rd round.

Cordarelle Patterson [32]

-2 carries a game seems reasonable for a player that is going to be used as a chess piece and used to bother DCs.

Other WRs [16]

-I think Gabriel and Miller will continue to keep their limited runs just to keep it in the minds of DCs and defenders on the jet sweep motion.

QB [19 called runs]

4th RB [Mizzell, Cunningham, Nall] [20]

-I see this being a little less if it is Mizzell and maybe a little more if it is Nall in short yardage situations.

Random Craziness [Hicks, Burton] [2]

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, now is not the time to look at how the RB carries are gonna be divided considering you don't even have a worthy starting RB yet.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mizell shouldn't even be in the discussion, he is not worth a bag of kickers practice balls.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The RB position was arguably one of strongest positions on the offense last year, now its the weakest. PiB is sad now

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
oh boy. offseason is boring and all, but this is a whole new level of speculative fantasy.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
The RB position was arguably one of strongest positions on the offense last year, now its the weakest. PiB is sad now
Except it kind of wasn't. Our running game suffered unless we focused on getting Howard going. Allen Robinson had a bigger affect on our offense than Howard, and Howard is the only contributor we lost on O.

We had 5 games with someone running for more than 80 yards, and 7 with at least one guy receiving more than 80. We get off the bus passing now with a RBBC, and that's just how the NFL is going these days. Our most affective runner is Trubisky when he scrambles. We're probably going to draft someone that will come in and fill in for Howard to the best of his ability.

The bad act isn't that we lost Howard, it's that we got so little in return. Our running game isn't about to take a step backwards for Howard being elsewhere.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

By getting rid of the least efficient member of it, it got worse?

That is like saying I got rid of the flat tire on my car and now it drives worse.

They are also not done adding to it.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
By getting rid of the least efficient member of it, it got worse?

That is like saying I got rid of the flat tire on my car and now it drives worse.

They are also not done adding to it.
Did you replace the flat with a bald, smaller tire? Because we did

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
LOL kickers practice balls is a thing? But seriously Mizzell has no place on this team and doubt Howards 3.7 YPC can't be replaced easily

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do people think about Bruce Anderson out of N Dakota as a fit??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Probably be much easier to have any idea about this when we find out what Pace is gonna do at RB because he's obviously not done with it as is.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got any better ideas?

Better ideas for what? Spending time? Might as well smoke a bunch of weed and talk about the multiverse or flat earth theory. The ideas would be just as disposable.

Hey, did you guys know that there is actually a dome over the flat earth and everything we see in the sky and space is just a projection on the surface of the dome?!?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Better ideas for what? Spending time? Might as well smoke a bunch of weed and talk about the multiverse or flat earth theory. The ideas would be just as disposable.

Hey, did you guys know that there is actually a dome over the flat earth and everything we see in the sky and space is just a projection on the surface of the dome?!?

I

In a different multiverse Pace doesnt trade Howard for peanuts and Nagy actually uses him well. :puffs:

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
We know that we will draft a new RB.....

Me thinks Pace might move up if he he has as much wood for Darrel Henderson (Memphis) as I do....there are a number of good options here in this Draft....Nagy and Pace are working overtime on this...

Do we still bring in a Vet RB at Pace's price?!

T.J. Yeldon or Spencer Ware top my list...edge to Ware due to scheme fit and familiarity to Nagy's Offense...

I think we lose "Smoke" Mizzell....and probably Benny Cunningham.

.....though Cunningham is a quality Locker Room guy....Davis should cover both roles and snaps need to be freed up for the Draft pick.

Nall?!

Nagy could get creative with him as an H-back or receiving TE....we should find out if he can play at an NFL level soon enough....if not....he will be a quick exit from the PS....