Is it appropriate to call grown *** men who play professional NFL football "kids?"

Calling grown men who play football professionally (or are prospects and over the age of 18) "kids"

• Total voters

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
When you are my age, all professional football players and most coaches fall into the "kids" category. This includes that youngin Nagy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have, mostly affectionately, called rookies kids as they are still learning to run in the NFL and need some rope while they grow and learn from their mistakes. Doesn't fit vets.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sometimes it's okay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Gleason

Or if the players are your children.

As for the lunch, the soup would have had to be cold or Mr. Grimson would have scalded his mouth and throat.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes. Using “Totes” is absolutely absurd though.

evansanity

Soldi Soldi
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Ohio State Buckeyes
Look ? at the players ?‍♂️ u see get called kid ?...there's an undertone...I don't think I need to fill in the blank ?‍♂️.

Lets just say u never heard ? anyone call cutler a "kid" … ?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Look ? at the players ?‍♂️ u see get called kid ?...there's an undertone...I don't think I need to fill in the blank ?‍♂️.

Lets just say u never heard ? anyone call cutler a "kid" … ?
Imagine Cutler calling himself a kid lol.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
I call Trubisky kid all the time. What can we read into that?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Calling a grown man, whether he is a peer or not, "kid" is indeed inappropriate. Especially if said person has succeeded beyond what you have done. It is a dismissive way to keep other's accomplishments down, and in some cases it blows the dog whistle of supremacy.

@dabears70 should be ashamed for saying what he did.

So if they haven’t succeeded beyond what you have done, it’s still ok though right? Like if I call any of you kids because you haven’t held a job for 20+ years where you constantly have climbed the ladder and your mind hasn’t matured to my level yet, it’s ok right? Or is this purely about money?

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There's a bunch of people that act like kids on here and i've recently found out that a few of them are 40+ years old which is really sad.....Damn Kids.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
So if they haven’t successed beyond what you have done, it’s still ok though right? Like if I call any of you kids because you haven’t held a job for 20+ years where you constantly have climbed the ladder and your mind hasn’t matured to my level yet it’s ok right? Or is this purely about money?

WTF?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a bunch of people that act like kids on here and i've recently found out that a few of them are 40+ years old which is really sad.....Damn Kids.

Oh look, another derail post from the Village Idiot. I bet your shoe size is slightly higher than your IQ. 7 is it?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
the real question is ...is it appropriate for young cuck punks to try to determine what's appropriate for their elders who have zero desire to join their thought cult....political correctness is a disease and some of you are the carriers...you are the cancer that has been killing our once great nation

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
the real question is ...is it appropriate for young cuck punks to try to determine what's appropriate for their elders who have zero desire to join their thought cult....political correctness is a disease and some of you are the carriers...you are the cancer that has been killing our once great nation
LMAO you are so ****ing mad

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Imagine thinking that political correctness, AKA being polite, is a "cancer" that is killing our country. Good lord, old people are literally the worst. Can't wait until 20 years from now when this stupid line of thinking is completely eradicated.