My Boy Earl Bennett Talks His Time With the Bears

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Earl is a funny guy. I enjoy that he knew about the Bennett doesn't know the playbook gag

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Is he suggesting that he got redshirted cause Rex didn't like him and Cutler did? I'm not sure what he's getting at here.
I was wondering the same thing since he gave props to Rex in another tweet, but, remember, Earl was drafted in 2008,. when Ortong reigned.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is he suggesting that he got redshirted cause Rex didn't like him and Cutler did? I'm not sure what he's getting at here.

I see it more as Jay and him had chemistry together(vandy days) so there was no way they were going to keep Earl on the bench when he was one of Jay's favorite targets. Basically Earl all of a sudden was a competent WR when the shiny new QB liked him. They had to keep Cutler happy

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I see it more as Jay and him had chemistry together(vandy days) so there was no way they were going to keep Earl on the bench when he was one of Jay's favorite targets. Basically Earl all of a sudden was a competent WR when the shiny new QB liked him. They had to keep Cutler happy
but Rex had nothing to do with it. Ortong was the starter in Earl's 'redshirt' year.

Also, if people were PAYING ATTENTION in 2008, I #calledit the redshirt thing as ruse, because it was common knowledge that Drake had Earl learning X, Y, and Z at the time. Thanks!

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
folks, remember who the other receivers were in 2008... and 2009... and 2010, really