K.Whyte the real sleeper?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I'll throw out a #calledit:

Whyte will make the 53, but not be active on game days.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I can think of is ... how you gonna drink your coffee with no front teeth? But hey, that's just me ...

I mean, you would be the subject matter expert on men with no front teeth. Tell me, is it better than when you stick your itty bitty straw into the mouth of men that have front teeth?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I mean, you would be the subject matter expert on men with no front teeth. Tell me, is it better than when you stick your itty bitty straw into the mouth of men that have front teeth?
Wow, wtf is that shiznet you typed? Anyhow, The Blues Brothers always said ...
and yes, I meant corn on the cob ...

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Dude, the Bears are gettin the Band back together! ??? Bears UDFA gonna bring some skills to Club Dub ... 6'7", 255 bringing some harmony to the Bears edge rotation. ?

Why is his truck on fire?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Maybe we do only go with 3 RB's this year if Trubs is talking about playing with a 3 headed monster backfield.

There will only be one true 3 headed monster in Chicago sports...and that is the 3 headed monster of Luc Longley, Bill Wennington & Will Perdue. 21 feet tall, 18 fouls to give, and zero value added.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least the kid has speed going for him. Often in the NFL, with late round picks it is hard to see any upside. There could always be a place on a roster for a speed guy even if the rest of his game is somewhat limited. "Go Long" will always be an option in the NFL.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
At least the kid has speed going for him. Often in the NFL, with late round picks it is hard to see any upside. There could always be a place on a roster for a speed guy even if the rest of his game is somewhat limited. "Go Long" will always be an option in the NFL.
Excuse me, have you heard of this Javon Wims boy?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Excuse me, have you heard of this Javon Wims boy?
Indeed. Did he switch to RB? All I can think about is the poor LB's that have to cover this kid out of the backfield on pass routes, IF he makes the team and gets used.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
lucky if he makes a practice squad.
Seriously? Whyte was the 4th of only 5 draft picks. You think Pace is going to cut one? After all the time they spent reviewing RBs. Are you expecting Whyte to commit armed robbery? = p

Cut a RB like Whyte when we only have 3 RBs? Well, 4 with Nall, but Nall's been on the PS. If Whyte is what we saw in college, he's pretty much guaranteed (at least) a spot on the PS. We already know he impressed some during Rookie Camp.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Seriously? Whyte was the 4th of only 5 draft picks. You think Pace is going to cut one? After all the time they spent reviewing RBs. Are you expecting Whyte to commit armed robbery? = p

Cut a RB like Whyte when we only have 3 RBs? Well, 4 with Nall, but Nall's been on the PS. If Whyte is what we saw in college, he's pretty much guaranteed a spot on the PS. We already know he impressed some during Rookie Camp.

The NFL should make it to where teams can protect like 2-3-4 guys on their practice squad from getting snatched up by other teams. Maybe they could make it so those players that they do use the protection on gets a certain guaranteed amount of money or something. We're gonna have to try to hide some of these guys on the PS and hope they won't get picked up from another team and i'm not sure that won't happen.

K.Whyte
J.Wims
E.Hall
D.Raymond
A.bars
S.Mustipher
M.Betts
C.Harris

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
It seems like Whyte has poor vision and a little stiff in his hips doesnt have much wiggle to him

I can see him getting 3-4 touches per game due to his speed but his bread and butter needs to be as a returner

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There will only be one true 3 headed monster in Chicago sports...and that is the 3 headed monster of Luc Longley, Bill Wennington & Will Perdue. 21 feet tall, 18 fouls to give, and zero value added.
You underestimate the value in their ability to hit the mid range jumper and spread the floor in those days.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
The NFL should make it to where teams can protect like 2-3-4 guys on their practice squad from getting snatched up by other teams. Maybe they could make it so those players that they do use the protection on gets a certain guaranteed amount of money or something. We're gonna have to try to hide some of these guys on the PS and hope they won't get picked up from another team and i'm not sure that won't happen.

K.Whyte
J.Wims
E.Hall
D.Raymond
A.bars
S.Mustipher
M.Betts
C.Harris
The union probably wouldn't go for that. A little extra $ on PS is nice, but the winning ticket is on the 53-man.

Plus, I think it's kind of exciting to see who teams try to 'stash' on the PS and who gets stolen. Makes the league more competitive, and only fair to talent.

Say, who was that player Bears promoted to the 53 after "they heard the Patriots were going to snatch him"? I can't remember when. Anyway, how did the Bears 'hear' about it? Not supposed to work that way.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

K.Whyte
J.Wims
E.Hall
D.Raymond
A.bars
S.Mustipher
M.Betts
C.Harris

The first 5 you listed are the real issue. But in each case its an overpaid veteran actually pushing the queue down.

Whyte-Patterson
Wims/Hall-Gabriel
Raymond- Shaheen/Braunecker
Bars-Sowell and the waste of space from Arizona L something?