NBA Draft IGT: 6/20 NBA DRAFT!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the scenario you propose, you're not buying him low.

Ok...I'm caught up to your alternative reality. I didn't know how to converse because you see Lopez as more valuable than a 22 year old PG who does everything but shoot 3's well.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It appears I was wrong. Lopez isn't on an expiring deal, because Lopez is currently a FA. How can the Bulls trade someone not on their roster?

Thank you for clearing that up actually Gus.

You know why that reality would never occur to me? Or you?

BECAUSE WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T THE BULLS TRADE LOPEZ ON AN EXPIRING DEAL? SERIOUSLY? WHAT THE FUCK ARE GARPAX DOING?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ok...I'm caught up to your alternative reality. I didn't know how to converse because you see Lopez as more valuable than a 22 year old PG who does everything but shoot 3's well.
You're misunderstanding the point I was (incorrectly, because Lopez is currently a free agent) making: Lopez' expiring contract is much more valuable going forward than what Ball would give you.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're misunderstanding the point I was (incorrectly, because Lopez is currently a free agent) making: Lopez' expiring contract is much more valuable going forward than what Ball would give you.
Right...so you propose that Garpax had somehting more valuable than Ball last year and instead they chose to keep Lopez all season, get nothing and win a couple extra games and screw up the lottery! which they did!!

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING? They kept Lopez all year on an expiring.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So final conclusion is...GarPax is clueless? Glad we can all be on the same page

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
OK, I dont know if this is a twit on twitter or real news, but I head that the knicks will make the deal with the third pick to get anthony davis and use that pick to keep Barrett and Zion together. It will probably cost them next years first as well but should be enough to just send the third pick.

It makes sense to use Davis with Zion and make a run for the playoffs, but it also makes sense to give Davis the ol fuck you, you dont want to be here so here you go to the lowly knicks praying for Durant.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
btw, and I'm prepared for my bashing here: Zion has the look of someone who is going to balloon once he gets that check. I don't think it's good that he's in King Cake country. Furthermore, if I were GarPax, I would have preferred the #2 pick, because I would have been picking Ja no matter what, and the #2 pick gets them out of hearing the bitching about passing on Zion.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So final conclusion is...GarPax is clueless? Glad we can all be on the same page
Its not that they are clueless, but they have squandered some big moves like getting little for Deng on a protected that expired...getting caught holding a fake first that changed hands 4 times should embarrass a front office,

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
btw, and I'm prepared for my bashing here: Zion has the look of someone who is going to balloon once he gets that check. I don't think it's good that he's in King Cake country. Furthermore, if I were GarPax, I would have preferred the #2 pick, because I would have been picking Ja no matter what, and the #2 pick gets them out of hearing the bitching about passing on Zion.

Actually Gus, he has the look of someone who will still kick everyones ass after he balloons up. Until he does, get the fuck out of the way.

And I'll go out on the limb the other way and say that Morant has a long shot at the NBA. Show me an Irving or Westbrook and I will show you a hospital full of slight guards poor at 3's that couldn't beat the injury toll driving into the lane sets you up for. Even look at the injury history of Tony Parker.

Morant is more of a project than Zion with more that can go wrong. Zion is a freak...go watch what a washed up chubby Barkley can do and get back to me.

Last edited:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Jabari Parker, Anthony Davis, Ben Simmons, John Wall, Blake Griffin were once in a generation talents. CANT NOT PASS UP ON. Lonzo Ball pre-draft, according to Skip(and sadly a few others), is going to wind up as the greatest point guard ever to play this game.

I know this isn't going to end, people LOVE to soak in the draft hype for face value. But here's the thing, if Zion for whatever reason, no excuses... NONE, doesn't wind up being this 2 or 3x MVP once in a generation player, then what? Next year same cycle? Next player to be the GOAT, CAN NOT PASS UP.... start the same thing over and over?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Heard Trey Dingo on espn this morning, since the ignorant fuck ozzie guillen was on the score on the ride in, he was wondering what the options were for Zion if he does not want to play in new orleans like Davis. He has not hired an agent, has not signed a shoe deal yet, and can simply withdraw from the draft 10 days prior.

Figure he will be making millions anyway, whether he goes back to Duke or just sits out fearing injury, and would still be the number 1 next year and might get somewhere people want to go play.

I dont think it is possible, but its an interesting concept considering the "browgate".

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK, I dont know if this is a twit on twitter or real news, but I head that the knicks will make the deal with the third pick to get anthony davis and use that pick to keep Barrett and Zion together. It will probably cost them next years first as well but should be enough to just send the third pick.

It makes sense to use Davis with Zion and make a run for the playoffs, but it also makes sense to give Davis the ol fuck you, you dont want to be here so here you go to the lowly knicks praying for Durant.
Heard Trey Dingo on espn this morning, since the ignorant fuck ozzie guillen was on the score on the ride in, he was wondering what the options were for Zion if he does not want to play in new orleans like Davis. He has not hired an agent, has not signed a shoe deal yet, and can simply withdraw from the draft 10 days prior.

Figure he will be making millions anyway, whether he goes back to Duke or just sits out fearing injury, and would still be the number 1 next year and might get somewhere people want to go play.

I dont think it is possible, but its an interesting concept considering the "browgate".
Zion step dad squashed that today saying that hasnt even been in any discussions.

He is coming out. He is going to New Orleans and everyone can revel in his glory.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jabari Parker, Anthony Davis, Ben Simmons, John Wall, Blake Griffin were once in a generation talents. CANT NOT PASS UP ON. Lonzo Ball pre-draft, according to Skip(and sadly a few others), is going to wind up as the greatest point guard ever to play this game.

I know this isn't going to end, people LOVE to soak in the draft hype for face value. But here's the thing, if Zion for whatever reason, no excuses... NONE, doesn't wind up being this 2 or 3x MVP once in a generation player, then what? Next year same cycle? Next player to be the GOAT, CAN NOT PASS UP.... start the same thing over and over?
I guess Boeheim, Coach K, and Williams could all be wrong...and my eye certainly can...but this dude just played like a basketball god all season. unstoppable, physics defying, insanity...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

the thing is...this type of freak is athletically rare. He can shoot 3's, and starting in clutch time ncaa tourney hit 3's at absurd rate in big situations...carried that duke team.

I haven't seen a college player joke the game like that since Wally Szerbiak, and Shaq before him.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
do We have the ammo to trade up? Is it even worth trading up in this draft? I assume we want/need pg and suns picking before us so even if garland falls Idt he gets passed suns.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wally Sczcerbiak...now there's a name I haven't heard in a while

Reactions: BNB

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
do We have the ammo to trade up? Is it even worth trading up in this draft? I assume we want/need pg and suns picking before us so even if garland falls Idt he gets passed suns.

Yes....the best case scenario for Bulls on paper is to move up to 4 and take Garland...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's been 17 years since Wally Szczerbiak burst onto the scene as a senior for Miami (Ohio). He dropped 43 points on No. 7 Wisconsin in the first round of the 1999 NCAA Tournament before notching 24 to beat No. 2 Utah. Despite a 23-point effort in the Sweet Sixteen, the No. 10 RedHawks finally lost to No. 3 Kentucky.
Today, Szczerbiak is a basketball analyst -- at the collegiate level for CBS Sports, and at the NBA level for MSG Network in New York.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
It's been 17 years since Wally Szczerbiak burst onto the scene as a senior for Miami (Ohio). He dropped 43 points on No. 7 Wisconsin in the first round of the 1999 NCAA Tournament before notching 24 to beat No. 2 Utah. Despite a 23-point effort in the Sweet Sixteen, the No. 10 RedHawks finally lost to No. 3 Kentucky.

What made Szcerbiak's tournament run in college so memorable to me was how bad everyone else on that Miami Ohio team was. Even the coach looked Special person.

Kind of like how Zion scraped together a couple tournament wins while keeping Reddish and Barrett afloat.