NBA Draft IGT: 6/20 NBA DRAFT!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Zion step dad squashed that today saying that hasnt even been in any discussions.

He is coming out. He is going to New Orleans and everyone can revel in his glory.

says a man expecting a bently

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trading up sounds nice but I'm not giving up Lavine, Porter, or Lauri. So I don't think trading up helps anything. Also, why is everyone on this Lonzo BS? I'm not trading a #7 for Lonzo. No way in hell. I'd give a second round pick for him but no way do I give up $7 for fuckin Lonzo.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Trading up sounds nice but I'm not giving up Lavine, Porter, or Lauri. So I don't think trading up helps anything. Also, why is everyone on this Lonzo BS? I'm not trading a #7 for Lonzo. No way in hell. I'd give a second round pick for him but no way do I give up $7 for fuckin Lonzo.

Porter and LM are valuable assets. LaVine - LOL, he doesn’t have ANY contract trade value.

The market spoke last summer and only two of the worst GMs in the NBA were willing to sign him on at $20mm/per.

no one is giving up draft assets to take on LaVine’s remaining contract especially given his matador defense, he needs to slot in as the volume point scorers on a second unit for a contender.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Porter and LM are valuable assets. LaVine - LOL, he doesn’t have ANY contract trade value.

The market spoke last summer and only two of the worst GMs in the NBA were willing to sign him on at $20mm/per.

no one is giving up draft assets to take on LaVine’s remaining contract especially given his matador defense, he needs to slot in as the volume point scorers on a second unit for a contender.

Well...

the thing I wonder about though is the Lakers specifically, because I do see Lavine as a good compliment for Lebron who adds a second roaming rim protector/rebounder to the defense.

Lavine can be exactly that for the Lakers...much needed scoring volume to spell an aging Lebron of workload. Lebron also creates lanes with fear and passing and Lavine can gash lanes.

If we could give Lavine, Dunn, and the 7

and get Ball, Kuzma, and the 4...

I'm interested.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
He isn’t a complement to lebron lol he would be more of a head ache that Lebron wouldn’t want on his team. Lebron stresses on players that’s play both sides of the ball is strike one two and three.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Only player on this team to me that isn’t expendable is lauri

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Well...

the thing I wonder about though is the Lakers specifically, because I do see Lavine as a good compliment for Lebron who adds a second roaming rim protector/rebounder to the defense.

Lavine can be exactly that for the Lakers...much needed scoring volume to spell an aging Lebron of workload. Lebron also creates lanes with fear and passing and Lavine can gash lanes.

If we could give Lavine, Dunn, and the 7

and get Ball, Kuzma, and the 4...

I'm interested.

Let’s summarize in terms of contract value and absolute value:
Ball > Lavine
Kuzma >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dunn
#4 > #7

Lakers are in disarray, but I do not believe they would pursue your proposed trade offer even if we threw in our #1 pick in 2020. That’s how imbalanced this horse-trade appears.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let’s summarize in terms of contract value and absolute value:
Ball > Lavine
Kuzma >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dunn
#4 > #7

Lakers are in disarray, but I do not believe they would pursue your proposed trade offer even if we threw in our #1 pick in 2020. That’s how imbalanced this horse-trade appears.
Well...they ticked off and ostracized the young players on the team and have to trade them to make Lebron happy as well. No legit star wants to play with Lebron's shadow and pressure, so they have to overpay Lavine a bit to put a true scoring talent into the picture for him.

I think Lavine is the most useful player to the Lakers with Lebron...and so yes, this trade makes sense for both teams. I don't think the Bulls are the desperate team here...and so yes I do think we should win the trade a little.

They get Lavine and can take a shot with Bol Bol or Taco Fall at 7 just to do some paint work for Lebron. Something they don't have to develop over time...that is just born a basketball problem and wrench to throw at golden state and see what happens, or whoever emerges after this free agency.

Or they could get poor mans Zion, Williams out of Tennessee who will also be best in the early stages of his career.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

There are players that do less that are on max deals, so 20 million is a bargain when the top allowed contract guys are making double. There were just no other teams willing to do all the contract negotiations on the bulls behalf, since matching a deal is matching a deal.

Everyone knows why LeBron is in LA and it has little to do with making the Lakers a champion again. Pretty sure LeBrons shadow has nothing to do with it, its how bad he wants it.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
There are players that do less that are on max deals, so 20 million is a bargain when the top allowed contract guys are making double. There were just no other teams willing to do all the contract negotiations on the bulls behalf, since matching a deal is matching a deal.

Everyone knows why LeBron is in LA and it has little to do with making the Lakers a champion again. Pretty sure LeBrons shadow has nothing to do with it, its how bad he wants it.

I’m not factoring in Lebrun to the trade proposal, we don’t know what’s really going on over there.

I do not follow your logic whatsoever on Lavine. You are saying that because there are worse contracts than his, his contract is a bargain at $20mm/per?

And let me get this straight, the only reason no other teams bid on him as an RFA is because they refused to make an effort to email an offer letter to his agent?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the sad thing about Anthony Davis wanting out is he absolutely is an ideal match to play alongside Zion.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I correctly called LM and WCJ the past two years, and have been certain all year whom we will select this draft: Gentlemen, please welcome your newest Chicago Bull, Cam Reddish.

It just feels inevitable. And it’s going to suck.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I correctly called LM and WCJ the past two years, and have been certain all year whom we will select this draft: Gentlemen, please welcome your newest Chicago Bull, Cam Reddish.

It just feels inevitable. And it’s going to suck.

I think you are probably right or close to right. I guess we need the Duke lesson one more time?

But herein your point lies the crux....

Would we rather have Cam Reddish, comparable player, or third year Lonzo Ball who is no longer a glamoured child that wants to play with Lebron James...but a christened woke chap urging his agent to get him to a good fit so he can prove himself and sell some shoes?

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I think you are probably right or close to right. I guess we need the Duke lesson one more time?

But herein your point lies the crux....

Would we rather have Cam Reddish, comparable player, or third year Lonzo Ball who is no longer a glamoured child that wants to play with Lebron James...but a christened woke chap urging his agent to get him to a good fit so he can prove himself and sell some shoes?

That’s a completely different question because I’m pretty sure none of us want Reddish.

I was delving into the warped minds of GarPax and the answer to the question of whom they’ll draft can always be determined by asking this question: what’s the safest path for Garpax to not get fired?

The answer is assuming a low-risk profile, they don’t need to field a competitive team, they just have to avoid being bottom feeders for consecutive seasons. They almost always take the safe pick, the high floor and lower ceiling profiles. Ball may backfire on them spectacularly (though I don’t think he would) and that’s not a risk they will want to assume. With Reddish they can tout his development curve while buying a couple more drafts to try to get lucky and continue to get paid.

Remember, they’re not prioritizing winning a title, they are far more concerned with remaining employed.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In order to hate Ball for #7 I would have to know who else the Bulls could trade for with #7?

What is another realistic choice to try? Milwaukee has too many PG's. Portland maybe?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its like this, Cam Reddish is in the mold of Paul George. The talent is there. The fundamentals are there. Was it him being a third option the problem or was it his lack of motivation? Reddish shouldnt be judged on college because he may not even wanted to be there. His skill set is elite. His body is a coveted NBA body. People just dont know where his head is at after the Duke season.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Lonzo Ball sucks. He does not make this team better in the short term, nor long term.

Dude gets to the foul line once a game, and only makes 46% of them. He has no value. Trading the 7th pick for him is an awful trade.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see it.
I don't either...then again PG13 came into the league as a 6'6 combo guard then grew like 3 inches in one offseason and became the monster we now know.