2019 NBA Offseason thread

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Depends on what they give up for Westbrook. I don't mind him...I just think the price will be too steep

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I didn't think Miami had much to offer outside of Winslow but i forgot about Bam and Herro looks pretty good. Either Miami or Detroit is where im expecting him to end up. Im leaning Miami due to allot of rumbling on that front.

Do they trade him before the season starts?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I didn't think Miami had much to offer outside of Winslow but i forgot about Bam and Herro looks pretty good. Either Miami or Detroit is where im expecting him to end up. Im leaning Miami due to allot of rumbling on that front.

I think for sure they do.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Reports are Presti and Westbrook want it done soon. Also, I read some credible reports that Westbrook wanted out before the PG13 was traded

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Reports are Presti and Westbrook want it done soon. Also, I read some credible reports that Westbrook wanted out before the PG13 was traded
That is the part of the story I was missing. You would think that OKC would rather tell George they were going to deal Westbrook and see if he wanted to stay, but maybe they were worried that if they dealt westbrook, PG would still want to stay? I mean, you still gotta get to the cap floor of like 91 to be a team in the NBA, and you think they might sell some seats with PGIII instead of no seats with 90 million of bad players with bad contracts.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I wonder if we can get Gallo from OKC for cheap. I know hes superduper injury prone but ive always liked him and think he would be a good fit here. Plus we need the depth.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Doesn't matter how "smart" of an organization you are, that's the going rate for a player like KP, and guys like him get the player option.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter how "smart" of an organization you are, that's the going rate for a player like KP, and guys like him get the player option.
Right going rate, same rate now, same rate in September, same rate in November, December, next june. This is Cuban reminding his fans that even though they did not get one of the big names this off season, that he still has money to throw around.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Not really hard to make the playoffs in the NBA when 50%+ teams make it every year
Like I said, they were 1 of those 4 bounces away from being in the finals. They said they offered Jimmy the max and he did not want to stay.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Like I said, they were 1 of those 4 bounces away from being in the finals. They said they offered Jimmy the max and he did not want to stay.

The Eastern Conference Finals, correct.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Warriors taking some heat about signing Russell just to flip him for assets. Whoever was signed has to be on that team til the deadline at least right?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Warriors taking some heat about signing Russell just to flip him for assets. Whoever was signed has to be on that team til the deadline at least right?
I think he'd need to remain on the team til like January 15 or something before they can trade him.

Either way idk why people would be giving the Warriors crap for it, it's a smart move...they don't lose KD for nothing by acquiring him in the first place, and if they do decide to flip him for other assets (which makes sense given he likely has no long term role on this team), then that's just the business side of it.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It should coincide with Klay's return, people just think they did it to keep him away from the Lakers.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The more I’ve thought about it, I’d actually welcome a Westbrook trade. I would imagine he would be even better in Chicago since the Bulls have players that can actually space the floor. Part of the problem in OKC was Paul George was the only one that could really shoot it. They’d still be able to make a max space in 2021 if any poor soul wanted to come over as well.

Normally I would say there is no chance the front office actually does it, but it does kill 2 birds with one stone. They get the star that everyone and their mom says they could never get and it would also boost merchandise and ticket sales.
One thing is he probably only grabs 7 or 8 rebounds per game with our bigs.