Recommended Phones?

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im wanting a new phone. My Razr is so outdated its beyond pathetic, but Im completely lost as to what to invest in. Im with AT&T. I really want a smartphone, something with a good screen size, great internet, and one that can actually play some games like from Facebook. I dont mind a touch screen, but I'd want a keyboard to text. But problem is, Im not wanting to spend an arm for it either. Im not under contract, so I really dont have any loyalty to them. Oh, and as Im pc-less, cant need a pc to use it lol

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Sign a contract and get your free/discounted phone. Those early termination fees don't hold up in court for the same reason Comcast cannot charge you for switching to WOW. I haven't paid for a phone in over a decade. If you can find a decent major service provider, they'll give you a free phone when you renew the contract as well. I just did it w/Sprint 5 months ago, and it isn't something they offer customers who renew.

These carriers now have a lot of competition, you should be able to get that phone for 100 bucks or less on a 1 year contract...maybe 2 if it's a $500 retail phone.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If you're stuck with AT&T, get an iPhone.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would say to get a Android.. but ATT forces you to get a metered data plan..

If you want to switch go with Verizon and get yourself a Droid considering they offer unlimited data.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Iphones are Iphones. You know what you'll get with that. My dad got a Blackberry Torch almost for free a couple weeks ago (though that was due to him being due for a phone upgrade within the contract or something). That's a solid smartphone, at least from what I've seen. It's touch screen and it has a keyboard, but that's about all I know about it.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Verizon has shit reception where I live. But I think Sprint works. Problem is, just dont know about the latest phones on the market. Iphones may be > than all, but dont you need a pc to use it properly? Droid is what Im thinking, but gotta figure what Droid to get is the problem.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
Verizon has shit reception where I live. But I think Sprint works. Problem is, just dont know about the latest phones on the market. Iphones may be > than all, but dont you need a pc to use it properly? Droid is what Im thinking, but gotta figure what Droid to get is the problem.

i dont think you need a computer these days to use a iphone. dont quote me on that though but i remember hearing you dont anymore.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
If that was the case, I'd get an iphone lol. All I know is this phone is dying, and as its my only source of internet, which is equivalent to a Webtv, its time I upgrade.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If that was the case, I'd get an iphone lol. All I know is this phone is dying, and as its my only source of internet, which is equivalent to a Webtv, its time I upgrade.

Honestly.. dont bullshit yourself with iPhones.. I know 6 people that switched from iPhones to droids and never looked back..

all up to you.. the new droids have dual core processors so incredibly fast.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
i know 6 people that switched from droids to iphones and never looked back.. seriously get whatever you want.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well Im leaning toward a Droid, as I think its cheaper than an iphone. Plus theres multiple versions to choose from.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well Im leaning toward a Droid, as I think its cheaper than an iphone. Plus theres multiple versions to choose from.

Thats a good fiscal decision..

I have a droid incredible..

got it for free and a 25 gift card for getting it..

never had a problem with it since the day Ive gotten it.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Droid incredible? Different name lol. I know it'd have to be an android at minimum, so I'll be on the hunt. I just wish more phones could use a 4gig mem card. I wouldve thought it'd be standard by now and not just 2gig.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Droid incredible? Different name lol. I know it'd have to be an android at minimum, so I'll be on the hunt. I just wish more phones could use a 4gig mem card. I wouldve thought it'd be standard by now and not just 2gig.

lol. My gf also just switched from ATT to verizon last week and got the new droid X2

I'm pretty sure you could put any microSD in the phone.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Verizon doesnt work all that well where I live :( But att is expensive but I get good reception. Ive heard sprint is cheaper too, tho not sure of reception.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No TracPhones.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It really depends on what you want for an OS imo. I would say apple has more apps. I think androids os runs pretty smooth overall. I have the htc evo 4g and i love it. Before that I had the htc hero. As long as it isnt a simple flip phone or something like that then I think youre fine.(no offense to people that just have flip phones,they are simpler and get done what you need to get done.)

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
dont buy the dickphone, it will fuck you.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok... Probably go with a Droid phone no doubt. Actually what I was leaning toward anyway lol. But now, who makes the betteq models? And whats up with those pads everyones making these days? Are they no different than a laptop? No pc, no internet aside mobile. God Im useless these days lol. Use to know all that shit.