Pace Delivers Death Sentence to Bears Organization

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
There was no guarantee that MT was gonna be there at #3, not when CLE, SF, AZ and a few other teams were trying to move up to get MT........Pace would be the laughing stock of the NFL if he wouldn't have moved up to get MT, you don't fumble on the 1 yard line when your in the prime position to score a touchdown in getting the best QB in the draft (yes, MT was rated higher than Watson).

MT has 5 losses as a 1 yr. starter. DW only had 3 losses over a 3yr. career. Pace got MT, but to call him better than DT ( after all he accomplished) is ludicrous.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If Fedora comes here as the next OC or head coach, he'll have a QB he sat behind a guy who's either on a practice squad somewhere or not in the NFL. There's a reason why the Turd-biscuit only started 13 games.

If trub was suppose to be so great.I'll never why understand why trub sat behind Williams. I guess nobody should question it

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
a 13 game starter in college who lost to Duke and NC State is now being called a "Franchise" QB folks. This is how low the bar has become after 9 seasons with Jay Cutler.

Vince Young single handedly won a National Championship IMHO outshines Watson's Recent performance.

Aaron Rodgers won exactly jack and shit in college.

College can tell you some things, but not even close to everything as to how a player will translate to the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: WCL

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If trub was suppose to be so great.I'll never why understand why trub sat behind Williams. I guess nobody should question it

Cam Newton sat behind Tim Tebow.

Reactions: Myk

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glennon being good is not the problem. The problem is wasting two 3rd round picks and a 4th round pick for a guy you could have gotten by just standing pat. The 49ers played Pace like a drum. They gave up nothing (they got the guy they would have drafted anyway) and received two 3rds and a 4th for absolutely nothing.

I know some morons will say that Pace had to trade up to make sure that they would get their guy. Nonsense, no other team was going to trade up to No. 2 to take this guy. In the unlikely event that a team would have traded up, then the Bears either take BPA or trade down a few spots to get one of the other QBs that will also be a bust from this draft.

You know you're dumb, right?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

Tom Brady sat behind Drew Henson and Drew Bledsoe.

Aaron Rodgers wasn't recruited.

Michael Jordan didn't make his high school team.

Tony Romo went undrafted.

Sports are full of stories that don't make sense. Many people thought Trubisky should have been the starter but all it takes is one opinion from one man (Larry Fedora) for a talented player to have to take a backseat. In this case, Williams was more experienced and already the established starter before Trubisky was even in the conversation.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
Most meatball Bears fans go back to '85 as the only way to build a great team, build the lines and defense and then get the QB.
Well............that's not what happened.
After they took McMahon (with the 5th pick), they drafted in the few drafts:
LT
LG
RG
2 WR
DE
DT
OLB
Corner
Safety
Most of the depth.
I idea that you take a QB high in the draft when you have built the rest of the team up to championship level is ludicrous. You draft "the guy" when you get the opportunity, period end of story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Myk

CutlersCorner

Liked Posts:
Anywho - I'm just saying even if Mitch Trufailsky is good, who the heck is he playing with? We have holes at RT, LT, TE, WR, FS, SS, CB, ILB and DL. What's he going to do -- throw to himself? Kevin White is trash, Alshon is gone, Eddie Royal sucked balls, Drops Bellamy is terrible. We have Ultra Soft Zach Miller at TE. He'll last, what, two quarters at best?

If we were a competitive team that was only a QB away from winning -- fine, trade two 3rd rounders, a 4th rounder and the 3rd overall pick of the draft. But we needed those picks desperately to fill our numerous holes and now we're totally screwed. I honestly think this was the worst trade in the history of any of the four major sports.

Apparently you forgot about Angelo and the Cutller trade then. How about Sam Bradford, chargers trade up for Ryan leaf, saints trade away their entire draft for Ricky Williams, or perhaps the three Super Bowl rings the cowboys got in the 90's for the Hershel walker trade... get over yourself douche!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Most meatball Bears fans go back to '85 as the only way to build a great team, build the lines and defense and then get the QB.
Well............that's not what happened.
After they took McMahon (with the 5th pick), they drafted in the few drafts:
LT
LG
RG
2 WR
DE
DT
OLB
Corner
Safety
Most of the depth.
I idea that you take a QB high in the draft when you have built the rest of the team up to championship level is ludicrous. You draft "the guy" when you get the opportunity, period end of story.

How was that 85 team's instant impact player at RB when he was drafted?
People are morons with crappy memories.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
MT has 5 losses as a 1 yr. starter. DW only had 3 losses over a 3yr. career. Pace got MT, but to call him better than DT ( after all he accomplished) is ludicrous.

With a team that went 11-2 the year before led by an UDFA who bounced out the league? no...who beat him out for two years.

And his playcaller is a mastermind too. So...I have trembling fear of what I have seen so far in the first 4 rounds.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
How was that 85 team's instant impact player at RB when he was drafted?
People are morons with crappy memories.

Hey, I didn't say the cupboard was bare when they drafted McMahon. Neither is this team when they drafted Trubisky.
I'm just tired of "morons" who think you can't take a QB without having the team already built to championship level, it's just not true.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Hey, I didn't say the cupboard was bare when they drafted McMahon. Neither is this team when they drafted Trubisky.
I'm just tired of "morons" who think you can't take a QB without having the team already built to championship level, it's just not true.

I was saying Payton wasn't a draftee who came in and made an instant impact like the idiots demand a draftee do.
It's a team game, and they're rookies.
That's in addition to thinking you wait until you have the team built before you draft a QB rookie who's going to take a while to work into it.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
And the most catastrophic 48 hour period in Chicago sports history continues.

Today Pace drafted a cripple with a torn ACL, broken leg and back surgery.

And follows it up with a 5'3" RB. Is Pace on the Packers pay roll? I've never witnessed such historical ineptitude in all my years of fandom.

Pace has done the impossible-- be substantially worse than Emery.

Username

Liked Posts:
And the most catastrophic 48 hour period in Chicago sports history continues.

Today Pace drafted a cripple with a torn ACL, broken leg and back surgery.

And follows it up with a 5'3" RB. Is Pace on the Packers pay roll? I've never witnessed such historical ineptitude in all my years of fandom.

Pace has done the impossible-- be substantially worse than Emery.

5'3"!?! Holyshit!!! That's 4 inches shorter than Garret Wolfe!!

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Vindication hahaha!

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Vindication hahaha!

What a strange time to declare victory, did Mitch do something today that I'm unaware of? SB, HOF, kiss titties?

I'm going to hold off on any declarations of triumph until the the beloved are a few weeks into the season, maybe even till the end of the season.

Do some posters really think the Mitch question has been decieded based on 2017 and 2018? I still think Mitch can be a franchise QB but there is no way in hell the jury is out.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
What a strange time to declare victory, did Mitch do something today that I'm unaware of? SB, HOF, kiss titties?

I'm going to hold off on any declarations of triumph until the the beloved are a few weeks into the season, maybe even till the end of the season.

Do some posters really think the Mitch question has been decieded based on 2017 and 2018? I still think Mitch can be a franchise QB but there is no way in hell the jury is out.
No. This thread was an overreaction, filled with negativity, and everything Pace did in that draft and going forward has exceeded the attitude of the OP. We're coming off a 12-win season with the most competitive team we've seen in years, led by several players Pace has drafted, and Mack who Pace went all out to get. Now's the time to be excited!

It's the offseason, we have everything to be excited for. Feel the hype!

Last edited: