i still believe

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I still believe Trubisky will be a top 10 qb by years end. I believe he will be our qb for 15 more years. I always thought it would take more time to get Mitch up to speed compared to other qbs we could have drafted. I may be alone on my island but I want it made clear that I still 100 pct believe in Trubisky.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I'm not writing him off after 1 game, but he lost a lot of my confidence after that performance.

Problem is, the issues he's showing seem like the same issues since the day he started the Ravens game under Fox. That concerns me a lot.

Will see what happens over next few weeks. That L isn't all on him by any means, but he has a lot to prove going forward to make believers of the Bears masses.

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Go for it, OP, and enjoy.

I am dead inside and have no hope. It would not surprise me if he busts out a great game here and there - I mean elite numbers making OPOTW voters consider him closely - but overall?

I expect more mediocrity and an excruciating decision-making dilemma over his extension in the off season because he shows potential but hasn't met it yet.

That's my prediction. And I hope to all gods everywhere you are right and I am wrong. Go Bears!

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I hope your right, and I really believe that that first game was just a shit game and he will get better.. But I have also been down this road before with Bears crappy QBs and me looking for excuses on why they played bad.. so he really needs to start showing me something here the next few games. My patience for looking for excuses and reasons for shitty play is at an all time low..

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm not writing him off after 1 game, but he lost a lot of my confidence after that performance.

Problem is, the issues he's showing seem like the same issues since the day he started the Ravens game under Fox. That concerns me a lot.

Will see what happens over next few weeks. That L isn't all on him by any means, but he has a lot to prove going forward to make believers of the Bears masses.
And he got a victory in that Ravens game. As long as we win it really all that matters.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

I am dead inside and have no hope. It would not surprise me if he busts out a great game here and there - I mean elite numbers making OPOTW voters consider him closely - but overall?

I expect more mediocrity and an excruciating decision-making dilemma over his extension in the off season because he shows potential but hasn't met it yet.

That's my prediction. And I hope to all gods everywhere you are right and I am wrong. Go Bears!

Exactly how I feel. Even the Joe Flacco's are going to have high ratings every now and then.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You’re lucky my story goes far back to harbaugh :rolleyes:
Yeah...

Tomzak/Harbaugh started this. Harbaugh cleared his name in Indy, but Tomzak was just as bad in Pittsburgh. But neither were ever as bad as the 20 QB's that would follow. Grossman/Orton/Cutler are actually like Bear QB glory years. Shout out to one good roid induced year from Miller just prior. One good year with Kramer.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yeah...

Tomzak/Harbaugh started this. Harbaugh cleared his name in Indy, but Tomzak was just as bad in Pittsburgh. But neither were ever as bad as the 20 QB's that would follow. Grossman/Orton/Cutler are actually like Bear QB glory years. Shout out to one good roid induced year from Miller just prior. One good year with Kramer.

It’s too depressing listing them all lol

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Seriously every other franchise gets to have a franchise QB every now and then but the Bears. We haven’t had shit at QB since Luckman retired.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
At this point, I don't really have any expectations. I've come to terms with the idea that he's going to be good at times, and bad at times. I'd like to see overall growth, and I think it will come. But I think it will take more time than people want to give him. And if it doesn't come, it's fine. Unfortunate, but fine.

I think people who claim they want to see steady improvement out of him, I feel like they want to see him throw 1 TD week 1, 2 TDs week 2, 3 TDs week 3, and then hover between 3-4 TDs every week. Not happening.

This whole process of him growing and improving is probably even going to last beyond this year. There's going to be ups and downs. Right now, he looks like a QB that can't succeed in spite of his oline and coach being fucking useless. Will that change? Probably not. Welcome to reality. If Nagy sucks, his play will suffer, if his oline sucks, his play will suffer. If both of them take a giant shit on the field in the same game, he's going to be 26/45 with 0 TDs and 1 INT. Lol.

I think people really need to come to terms with him not being capable of tearing it up without everything else falling into place. Which means we need to put him in a position to succeed as much as possible.

All that being said, we've seen 1 game this season. He got no real snaps in the preseason. He could be exactly what we saw Thursday night. He could be worse. He could be better. Regardless of all that, temper your expectations. And remember, you have ZERO fucking control over any of this. Lol.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Joe is a complete homer and he even acknowledges it himself at times.
All true but Joe did not draft him. All the scouts and talking heads had him as the first qb off the board. It was not just pace and it was not just me. Also I'm no quitter

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

?