Fear Inoculum

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
New Tool album dropped the other day. While nothing on it smacks me in the face as a GOAT song contender like Schism, Ænema, or Sober, or some others did back in the day, it's still a very, very, solid album. Perhaps after another few listens and one of those will emerge; contender so far is Pneuma.

Full album is currently up on Youtube, but I wouldn't count on that lasting long. Definitely a Tool album, and absolutely worth a listen if you haven't gotten around to it yet.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Schism and Sober are hardly in the same league as most of their other songs. Their radio songs are low on their totem pole.

The new album is great. Every song besides Chocolate Chip Trip is phenomenal. I hear a new layer of drums or bass every time I listen to it. It’s going to rank close to Lateralus after people have had a few months to digest it fully.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Terrible album... hope every one of those old fuckers enjoys the payday from loyal fans like me that bought it out of principle.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Terrible album... hope every one of those old fuckers enjoys the payday from loyal fans like me that bought it out of principle.

I know a guy that would buy all of Ian Anderson's latest stuff as a "lifetime achievement award", "is it a great album, no, but he has had so many in the past".

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really wanted to hate on this album. The tremendously long wait. The self-indulgent 12-14 minute tracks. The $45 CD when literally no one buys CDs.

Mostly that wait. To put it in perspective, my wife and I are six months from our 10 year wedding anniversary. The last time I listened to a new Tool song...I was not even aware of my wife's existence on this planet.

The music won me back instantly.

I am someone that was never heavy in to "prog rock" or the metal scene, but Tool has always done a stellar job of being this perfect hybrid of the two.

It is nothing too far of a departure than their last two albums were doing, but does anyone really need it to be?

Adam's guitar work on Descending may be the best of a glorious career, but as far as a favorite track...I keep coming back to:

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Solid album. Top-notch musicianship as expected. Lot to digest, very dense and tracks are structured more like movements rather than in traditional metal song way. Sounds like Tool. Got to give props to them for honing their craft and creating their own unique sound. Tool is a band that I will probably always dig, even if I listen to different type of music now, but I got into them just at the formative mid to late-teens and have stuck with me ever since.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
tool wants to be a jam band so fucking bad

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
tool wants to be a jam band so fucking bad

Those guys have always been very honest that Tool is just a King Crimson ripoff band.

So did anyone take out a 2nd mortgage on their home to see any shows on that tour last year?