2. Castenellos RF
3. Abreu 1B/DH (Vaughn in 6-18 months)
4.Robert CF
5. Jiminez DH/1B
6. Walker/Rutherford LF
7. McCann/Castillo C
8. Madrigal 2B
9. Anderson SS

Sprinkle in some Engel, Leury, and Vaughn by the end I think. Maybe Abreu is finally gone, IDK, and Castenellos a pipe dream. They should overpay and maybe get lucky. but IDK...they'll be fine with the bats for a few years. Its the pitching and defense I worry about now and a few minor decisions won't make a huge long term difference. Its really the veterans for the next year or two they have to decide about, and anybody they add should be a pillar for the future outlook, or a short term placeholder like Abreu for Vaughn.

1. Giolito
2. Keuchel/Bumgarner
3. Cease
4. Nova/Rodon/Lopez
5. Kopech

Seems like the most competive team of our dreams. I could see the Cubs letting go of all of Hamels, Castenellos, and Bryant. The Rickets got tight on them. You could swoop that for 110,000,000 million if you had your heart set on Castenellos. and precedes Vaughn/Jimenez replacing Abreu sooner than later probably. Would be an awesome 4-6 year pick-up, but probably outside the price range of anything the white sox have ever done. Same with Keuchel or Bumgarner.

Last edited:

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
1. Moncada 3B
2. Castenellos RF
3. Abreu 1B/DH
4.Robert CF
5. Jiminez DH/1B
6. Walker/Rutherford LF
7. McCann/Castillo C
8. Madrigal 2B
9. Anderson SS
I think Walker and Rutherford might be another year out with Vaughn. In the meantime Collins, Abreu, and Eloy can fill in as your DH most games. Eloy has gotten tremendously better in LF and he'll continue to work on it in the offseason. I'm ok with keeping him there for now. Personally I think Madrigal needs to lead off with Robert 2nd. Robert will not only be getting on base a lot, but he'll be hitting a lot of extra base hits. Moncada is too dangerous lower in the order to have him leadoff again. I'd go with something like this for starters next year:

1. Madrigal 2B
2. Robert CF
3. Moncada 3B
4. Jimenez LF
5. Abreu 1B
6. Anderson SS
7. Castellanos (hopefully) RF
8. Collins DH
9. McCann C

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Walker and Rutherford might be another year out with Vaughn. In the meantime Collins, Abreu, and Eloy can fill in as your DH most games. Eloy has gotten tremendously better in LF and he'll continue to work on it in the offseason. I'm ok with keeping him there for now. Personally I think Madrigal needs to lead off with Robert 2nd. Robert will not only be getting on base a lot, but he'll be hitting a lot of extra base hits. Moncada is too dangerous lower in the order to have him leadoff again. I'd go with something like this for starters next year:

1. Madrigal 2B
2. Robert CF
3. Moncada 3B
4. Jimenez LF
5. Abreu 1B
6. Anderson SS
7. Castellanos (hopefully) RF
8. Collins DH
9. McCann C

If you have Castellanos he is your two hitter.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
If you have Castellanos he is your two hitter.
I don't know, I have a huge feeling Robert will end up the best prospect since Frank Thomas. He's going to need to be up in the top of the lineup with the others. They've had him leadoff in the minors so I suppose he could do that. Personally I think he'd be best at 2 behind Madrigal. We'll see though since there's a very good possibility they won't sign any big free agents again and that won't even be a problem.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
That's not like a 3 win player at all. His WAR this year alone is .8 and he's played in half the games. He strikes out way too much for a guy with 6 homers. Let's be honest, how many other teams is he even making the roster on? The only reason he's jumped above .240 this year is because he's beating up on September call ups. There's a reason he was sent to AAA again. He's not consistent enough at the plate and guys that throw 92 MPH fastballs blow it by him.

Again, I was perfectly fine with bringing him back up this year though because they couldn't continue to let the outfield defense be as bad as it was. I can honestly say without a doubt the White Sox pitching staff have at the very minimum a run more on their ERA's because of how bad the outfield defense was this year. It was actually making Cease look much worse than he was for several starts in a row.
Baseball Reference has him at a .8 war. He hits .240 and plays full time during those games with his defense that''s a 3 war player. Now he gets pulled or comes in only as a late inning replacement that hurts his WAR accumulation. Right now that's over 209 at bats.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Baseball Reference has him at a .8 war. He hits .240 and plays full time during those games with his defense that''s a 3 war player. Now he gets pulled or comes in only as a late inning replacement that hurts his WAR accumulation. Right now that's over 209 at bats.
There's a reason it's only 209 at bats and it's because he's not good. He was sent down because he was hitting sub .220. He's not a consistent 3 WAR player throughout a full season. You're assuming he'd be that player consistently and he's proven time and time again he's not that player. He's been up and down throughout his career because he can't consistently hit major league pitching.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I don't feel like reading 7 pages, so assuming once we call up Madrigal and Robert were looking at something like:

INPO Rotation:
SP: Giolito
SP: Kopech
SP: Lopez
SP: Cease
SP: Covey/Rodon/

C: McCann
1B: Abreu
2B: Madrigal
3B: Moncada
SS: Anderson
LF: Garica/Palka/Cordell
CF: Robert
RF: Eloy
DH: Collins

Obviously our biggest need is a starter and an RF, a LF would be nice too since Jimenez blows as an outfielder (I think he'll eventually be a DH).

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
There's a reason it's only 209 at bats and it's because he's not good. He was sent down because he was hitting sub .220. He's not a consistent 3 WAR player throughout a full season. You're assuming he'd be that player consistently and he's proven time and time again he's not that player. He's been up and down throughout his career because he can't consistently hit major league pitching.
we agree he hasn't proven the ability to be a full time player. I am willing to give him one last shot.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
we agree he hasn't proven the ability to be a full time player. I am willing to give him one last shot.
While our top prospect and possible best prospect in 25 years has his foot in the door, I'm most definitely not. They want to keep him as a replacement outfielder until one of the younger better guys comes up then fine. Until then he's a late innings replacement player.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
While our top prospect and possible best prospect in 25 years has his foot in the door, I'm most definitely not. They want to keep him as a replacement outfielder until one of the younger better guys comes up then fine. Until then he's a late innings replacement player.
Robert still comes up, He plays RF until we have something better. I'm giving Engel one more shot. He played well enough to have one last fling. That said, if he doesn't get another shot at it, I'd be ok with it. But we need defense something fierce. He fills that roll.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
what the eff, this is highly inappropriate.

You don't come into this place and attack a man's religion, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Calm down, I've been on this board since day 1.
Brett isn't even really a Christian. Its just a schtick he plays.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
nah you guys are fucked

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know at what point religious intolerance becomes a hate crime but you guys are real close. fyi...

I would consider everything again about your tactics and review your own idiocy.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't know at what point religious intolerance becomes a hate crime but you guys are real close. fyi...

I would consider everything again about your tactics and review your own idiocy.
Are you off drugs again?