No Mitch Homer Can Say "I Told You So" Unless

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
and really, my narrative doesn't change off the back of what was really one good qtr of football. I said it leading up to the game and that's i'm not changing my opinion when he slays bums.

Still though ... he did a good job (yes against bums) but a good job though. I have zero problem giving him credit where it's due while not forgetting his faults like only leading the offense to 3 points at home like you fairly point out. And also not trusting him to do a good job against better defenses.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This idiot has literally started 4 hater threads during a game that they're dominating.

What do you call that?

Sounds like someone passionate about the Bears. You seem to confuse the loving the Bears vs loving each and every player or action they do.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Still though ... he did a good job (yes against bums) but a good job though. I have zero problem giving him credit where it's due while not forgetting his faults like only leading the offense to 3 points at home like you fairly point out. And also not trusting him to do a good job against better defenses.
The best way i can put it is that he did what was expected of him vs that team. I'll give him credit but like i said, it doesn't change my opinion.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
You always seem down on Alex Smith for some reason. He was one of the smartest QBs reading the field and was one of the primary factors KC won a ton of games in the regular season. He never had gaudy stats (and Reid obviously wanted a stronger arm guy to put stats up) but he was consistent AF with high level reading and QB play that killed defenses (not big play style but thousand paper cut style).

I would be ECSTATIC if Mitch = Alex Smith and with THIS D, I extend him the fuck now if I knew it would be true.
It's not hate. It's reality. People are romanticizing how good he was. During his best 5 years, while in KC, his statistical averages were 3,521 yards 20.4 TDs 6.6 ints 65.1% completion 7.22 yards per attempt. And this is factoring in the one year his numbers exploded. Was he the best game manager? Probably.

You said yourself, if we had Alex Smith you'd resign him right now. Mitch last year beat all those numbers except INTs and yards. Mitch's passing td total was higher than any in Smith's career except the one explosive year, where he got a whopping 2 more in an extra game. And this goes without mentioning that when Smith joined KC he was in his 9th season while Mitch did this in just his second season.

And there can't be am argument about different systems. It's the same one.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
That was the roadmap I was referring to and was top rated QB in his last year so did get better at the end by finally going downfield more. You didn't argue about the 49ers and his last 2 years there matched his KC averages as well.
Ummm no they didn't. His last two years in San Fran he had 3,144 yards 17 TDs and 5 ints while completing 61.3% of his passes (which was far and away his best season in SF). His last year he started 9 games (over half the season) and had 1,737 yards 13 TDs to 5 ints but did hit his highest mark of 70.2% completions

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's not hate. It's reality. People are romanticizing how good he was. During his best 5 years, while in KC, his statistical averages were 3,521 yards 20.4 TDs 6.6 ints 65.1% completion 7.22 yards per attempt. And this is factoring in the one year his numbers exploded. Was he the best game manager? Probably.

You said yourself, if we had Alex Smith you'd resign him right now. Mitch last year beat all those numbers except INTs and yards. Mitch's passing td total was higher than any in Smith's career except the one explosive year, where he got a whopping 2 more in an extra game. And this goes without mentioning that when Smith joined KC he was in his 9th season while Mitch did this in just his second season.

And there can't be am argument about different systems. It's the same one.

Yeah but Mitch hit those numbers herky-jerky and inconsistent (also 7 more INTs than A. Smith and considerably fewer yards matters and not something easily waved away).

Throwing 6 TDs here and 0 picks to 1 TD there with 2 picks etc, Mitch was the picture of "up and down".

Smith was steadier in game-to-game output. Now, this is the cost of Mitch having a stronger arm and trying to be more than a manager (that Nagy obviously wants him to be).

If he settles in and throws steady picking apart defenses for 220 - 250 and 1 -2 TDs per game while having almost no INTs while hitting 65 - 70+ %, I'd be good with it.

2018 Mitch overall stats may look like A. Smith overall stats (outside of final year SF and final year KC) but he was not A. Smith in any way from play to play .....

until the last few stretches of regular season games where he threw 5 TD - 5 INT with super high percentage and slowly bled out defenses like GB, SF and MIN. If he can do that while cutting down on INT and be more Alex Smith especially when Alex Smith really turned it on with a really high YPA in his last year in KC before being traded, I'll be happy.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ummm no they didn't. His last two years in San Fran he had 3,144 yards 17 TDs and 5 ints while completing 61.3% of his passes (which was far and away his best season in SF). His last year he started 9 games (over half the season) and had 1,737 yards 13 TDs to 5 ints but did hit his highest mark of 70.2% completions
Huh? They were similar to his good season in KC. Honestly, this minor point isn't worth the effort. Carry on

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Yeah but Mitch hit those numbers herky-jerky and inconsistent (also 7 more INTs than A. Smith and considerably fewer yards matters and not something easily waved away).

Throwing 6 TDs here and 0 picks to 1 TD there with 2 picks etc, Mitch was the picture of "up and down".

Smith was steadier in game-to-game output. Now, this is the cost of Mitch having a stronger arm and trying to be more than a manager (that Nagy obviously wants him to be).

If he settles in and throws steady picking apart defenses for 220 - 250 and 1 -2 TDs per game while having almost no INTs while hitting 65 - 70+ %, I'd be good with it.

2018 Mitch overall stats may look like A. Smith overall stats (outside of final year SF and final year KC) but he was not A. Smith in any way from play to play .....

until the last few stretches of regular season games where he threw 5 TD - 5 INT with super high percentage and slowly bled out defenses like GB, SF and MIN. If he can do that while cutting down on INT and be more Alex Smith especially when Alex Smith really turned it on with a really high YPA in his last year in KC before being traded, I'll be happy.
He did not have considerably more yards. He had 1 games worth of passes more yards. Again, Mitch missed 2 games. If you wanna say Alex only averaged 15 game seasons, fine, I'll give that to you. But that one extra game puts Mitch there. So, Smith, at best was marginally better than a 2nd year Trubisky in his 9th - 14th seasons.

And yeah, a second year QB was jerky. It was his second year. Anyone acting like a second year QB is who is destined to become must not be familiar with the sport.

The entire point here is not that Mitch is the next Steve Young. It's that Alex Smith's legacy is based on one season and he is largely romatacized by this board. In the first overall picks second year, he threw 2,890 yards had 16 TDs and 16 ints while completing 58% of his passes in all 16 games. If you took Mitch's rookie year numbers and did per game average to 16 (wait for the board to explode here) he'd throw for 2,924 yards 9 TDs and 9 INTs with a 59.4% completion percentage.

And let's not forget, they both played last year and Mitch outpaced him yards per game, yards per attempt, TDs, and completion percentage while maintaining the same td:int ratio. So, I really don't get the Alex Smith love coupled with the Mitch hate when Mitch has essentially outpaced him at every point in his career. If Mitch's performance isn't good enough to warrant a 100+mm contract, fine. But let's not long for Alex Smith when we have better.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
. If Mitch's performance isn't good enough to warrant a 100+mm contract, fine. But let's not long for Alex Smith when we have better.

The bolded says what.

No one is fitting Alex Smith for a gold jacket. Yet he was far and away a steadier, more solid QB than Mitch has been.

LOL at Mitch being just one game behind Alex Smith in passing yards.

Last year Smith in KC: 4042 yards and 2018 Mitch had 3223 yards.

Difference being 819 yards. One game my ass. Against Montana A & M maybe.

Nice dodge on Smith's 5 INT to Mitch 12 INTS (in one fewer game than Smith by the way)

To defend Mitch by saying he's young is missing the whole point. You are not listening and to your bolded, he is already better simultaneously while you defend his youth as reason why he isn't better!

Anyway, I'm with @Bearly and am done at this point. You seem beyond reason.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
The bolded says what.

No one is fitting Alex Smith for a gold jacket. Yet he was far and away a steadier, more solid QB than Mitch has been.

LOL at Mitch being just one game behind Alex Smith in passing yards.

Last year Smith in KC: 4042 yards and 2018 Mitch had 3223 yards.

Difference being 819 yards. One game my ass. Against Montana A & M maybe.

Nice dodge on Smith's 5 INT to Mitch 12 INTS (in one fewer game than Smith by the way)

To defend Mitch by saying he's young is missing the whole point. You are not listening and to your bolded, he is already better simultaneously while you defend his youth as reason why he isn't better!

Anyway, I'm with @Bearly and am done at this point. You seem beyond reason.
No, you're cherry picking. You asked why I'm down on Smith. I said I'm not down on Smith, he just wasn't that good. He was a great game manager. Then I showed you his statistical averages from just his best seasons while he was in KC. Those averages are what I'm referring to. Not the one anomaly year Smith had.

And I'm not skirting the INT point. But Mitch has never once thrown 16 INTs in a year. And we can compare apples to apples. Let's compare last year to last. Who was better in every measurable aspect at QB? I'll give you a hint, he plays for the Bears.

Yet you want the guy who was worse just a season ago despite a far longer career and you're acting like I'm out of my mind? You are ROMANTICIZING how good Alex Smith was, period.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No, you're cherry picking. You asked why I'm down on Smith. I said I'm not down on Smith, he just wasn't that good. He was a great game manager. Then I showed you his statistical averages from just his best seasons while he was in KC. Those averages are what I'm referring to. Not the one anomaly year Smith had.

And I'm not skirting the INT point. But Mitch has never once thrown 16 INTs in a year. And we can compare apples to apples. Let's compare last year to last. Who was better in every measurable aspect at QB? I'll give you a hint, he plays for the Bears.

Yet you want the guy who was worse just a season ago despite a far longer career and you're acting like I'm out of my mind? You are ROMANTICIZING how good Alex Smith was, period.

Oh guess I am not done. .

So let's get this straight. Alex Smith's stats gets the average of all his KC years, not the best year which was his latest year in the system after time in it. Got it.

Mitch gets his best year here considered which was 2018 and you get to project growth over time in the system while averaging Alex Smith's whole time and ignoring his latest best year in KC.

Oh.

More than that, you even compare 2018 Mitch to 2018 Alex after being moved to WASH and a new system NOT KC.

Logical. How could I have missed it?

Nothing more to say here since I have been misguided as to how the comps work this whole time. Carry on.

jc456

Liked Posts:
he did a good job? er, no he didn't. he managed what the Defense gave him. plain and simple. for you to state he did a good job is just wrong in so many ways. he had one drive he scored on as a normal turnover from the other team. One, seven points!!!! The D got the first seven, Then came the one drive, and then the D gave him a short field to make it twenty one. With one more turnover drive. And following the goal line interception, nagy took his throwing rights away. Funny, someone doing good doesn't have throwing rights stopped. Fk, again, this isn't Mitch's fault, he simply isn't a second round pick. Plain and simple. Please stop trying to fit him into an elite QB model. He isn't that guy. Nagy restricting his throws to dinks and dunking, is confirmation of that.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
3 TD to 1 INT and 116 rating is good. Yeah, the defense helped and yeah Skins suck.

But the defense didn't throw those passes, Mitch did. LOL at saying I am trying to fit him into an elite QB model.

Wake up and pay attention to what else happens on the message board dumbass.

beantacos

Liked Posts:
he did a good job? er, no he didn't. he managed what the Defense gave him. plain and simple. for you to state he did a good job is just wrong in so many ways. he had one drive he scored on as a normal turnover from the other team. One, seven points!!!! The D got the first seven, Then came the one drive, and then the D gave him a short field to make it twenty one. With one more turnover drive. And following the goal line interception, nagy took his throwing rights away. Funny, someone doing good doesn't have throwing rights stopped. Fk, again, this isn't Mitch's fault, he simply isn't a second round pick. Plain and simple. Please stop trying to fit him into an elite QB model. He isn't that guy. Nagy restricting his throws to dinks and dunking, is confirmation of that.
He literally did what he was supposed to in order to win the game and he "er, no he didn't" do a good job? Also pretending he "only threw dinks and dunks" when in reality he made the plays he needed to including down field throws. Then the guy says " I have zero problem giving him credit where it's due while not forgetting his faults like only leading the offense to 3 points at home like you fairly point out. And also not trusting him to do a good job against better defenses. " to which you respond with "Please stop trying to fit him into an elite QB model."

lol. Can't make this stuff up.

jc456

Liked Posts:
He literally did what he was supposed to in order to win the game and he "er, no he didn't" do a good job? Also pretending he "only threw dinks and dunks" when in reality he made the plays he needed to including down field throws. Then the guy says " I have zero problem giving him credit where it's due while not forgetting his faults like only leading the offense to 3 points at home like you fairly point out. And also not trusting him to do a good job against better defenses. " to which you respond with "Please stop trying to fit him into an elite QB model."

lol. Can't make this stuff up.
I was using OB's terminology on dinks and dunks, your beef is with him, he thought Trubisky didn't play well at all. And the dinks and dunks are evidence the coach doesn't trust his skills. from OB yesterday on 720 AM in the afternoon, limiting his play . I give two shits your opinion, a former Bear brings more credence. the five turnovers were useless right, it was all trubisky for you. too fking funny.

jc456

Liked Posts:
3 TD to 1 INT and 116 rating is good. Yeah, the defense helped and yeah Skins suck.

But the defense didn't throw those passes, Mitch did. LOL at saying I am trying to fit him into an elite QB model.

Wake up and pay attention to what else happens on the message board dumbass.
one drive that he started on his own for a score. One. so, no, he wasn't good. And I gave him credit for the one throw to Gabriel that was reversed. but please, he did what the coaches gave him. dinks and dunks most of the game, limiting the field to his talent.

Asswipe Johnson

Liked Posts:
one drive that he started on his own for a score. One. so, no, he wasn't good. And I gave him credit for the one throw to Gabriel that was reversed. but please, he did what the coaches gave him. dinks and dunks most of the game, limiting the field to his talent.

A drive is a drive, it is of zero relevance how it started.

jc456

Liked Posts:
A drive is a drive, it is of zero relevance how it started.
so when it starts on the opposition 20 yard line, that's the same as starting on your own five and driving the distance? LOL. truly. People gave me shit about cutler, and look at you.

BTW, what happened in game 1 with no turnovers? 3 points, that's it. yeah, a drive is a drive, bullshit.