Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Also has anyone seen Mossberg is entering the handgun markets again?

I'm a bit late to this party but for$400.00 I may get one too.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was in the store, about to buy a P10C for a CCW piece.

I ended up buying a Glock 43x with the tritium night sights.

it’s the Glock that I never knew I always wanted. IWB perfection.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I was in the store, about to buy a P10C for a CCW piece.

I ended up buying a Glock 43x with the tritium night sights.

it’s the Glock that I never knew I always wanted. IWB perfection.
Yeah, given that same situation, I'd go glock there all day.
I/We/ our household has Ruger on us now but we have carried S&W MP shields to Glock to Beretta to Ruger and CZ would only be to try it out. We tend to go compact handguns though now due to circumstances.

You will love your Glock compact. I personally haven't shot a 43x. Let me know how it treats you man.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, given that same situation, I'd go glock there all day.
I/We/ our household has Ruger on us now but we have carried S&W MP shields to Glock to Beretta to Ruger and CZ would only be to try it out. We tend to go compact handguns though now due to circumstances.

You will love your Glock compact. I personally haven't shot a 43x. Let me know how it treats you man.
Best stock Glock Trigger I’ve ever used. But, the wall is stiff. Really stiff. But a short reset. While the P10C has the best stock SA Striker fire trigger the world has ever seen, Glock triggers have really come a long way from the Gen 1 17 of my youth.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Best stock Glock Trigger I’ve ever used. But, the wall is stiff. Really stiff. But a short reset. While the P10C has the best stock SA Striker fire trigger the world has ever seen, Glock triggers have really come a long way from the Gen 1 17 of my youth.
Are you hitting the wall and then still needing extra pressure to engage the pin? Or is there a wall delay? I think most glock triggers are specific but once you get used to it, most other triggers will iritate you.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are you hitting the wall and then still needing extra pressure to engage the pin? Or is there a wall delay? I think most glock triggers are specific but once you get used to it, most other triggers will iritate you.

No, the wall breaks cleanly-no mush at all. It’s just stiff. But once you hit the wall, zero movement till you break through it, and the sear releases. Drove my wife crazy the other night watching TV, with a snap cap in it, pulling the trigger, resetting it, and repeating. It’s cleaning up a bit. It does have a nice, short, reset.

Im not into modding or putting after market triggers in carry/home defense guns, just in case I do, for unfortunate reasons, have to use it for such. I’ll just opt to break the factory trigger in.

Last edited:

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kimber 6 shot revolver

k6s_FirstEd_thumb_285x312.png
Overpriced...

mans why would you want a 6 round snubbie? To fat to conceal comfortably.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So anyone care to discuss the argument between .45 and 9mm?

I'm curious what people think I lean towards .45 myself.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Caliber arguments are stupid. The default answer to either, is “_____ sucks huh? Ok, well let me shoot you in the face with ____, then tell me how it felt.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let me preface this by saying, I don't really have an issue with guns. I respect the 2nd amendment and don't really give a shit what other people do. I don't personally own one nor will I ever as I don't see a need.

Can you explain this line of thinking to me? How many times in your life has a gun in a public situation been advantageous for you? Have you ever even drew it or had a reason to draw it in public?

It’s for the same reason why I wear a seatbelt in a car, or a helmet on a bike. Don’t plan on crashing either, but it’s better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let's just say I don't believe that is necessarily a universal law all gun owners strictly adhere to. It's been shown a person carrying is much more likely to assume others are carrying also, and perceive threats where there are none. Or perceive them to be greater than they are.
Shown where? I never get in confrontations anymore. In fact, since I’ve carried, ive actually worked harder to diffuse them. The truth is, I know I can be more patient, calmer and less combative or intimidating, in order to keep the situation from escalating. When I was younger, and dumber, I was more prone to simply smashing someone in the face, as soon as the conflict arose.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s for the same reason why I wear a seatbelt in a car, or a helmet on a bike. Don’t plan on crashing either, but it’s better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

I'm sorry you feel like you have to feel safe by caring a gun. I've never lived or visited a place like that. Kinda seems stupid to me and I was raised in the midwest. I've traveled all over the world (Thailand, UK, Africa, China, Ireland and Australia to name a few.) All of these cultures that I experienced helped me articulate my position on American politics and how fucking stupid the people are here. I recently went to Mexico and you wouldn't believe the amount of people there that wanted Trump to die. I would ask them if they wanted to come to Amercian and they said straight to my face "Fuck NO, I hate Donald Trump". Yeah, YUGE national crisis at the border. :rolleyes:

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm sorry you feel like you have to feel safe by caring a gun. I've never lived or visited a place like that. Kinda seems stupid to me and I was raised in the midwest. I've traveled all over the world (Thailand, UK, Africa, China, Ireland and Australia to name a few.) All of these cultures that I experienced helped me articulate my position on American politics and how fucking stupid the people are here. I recently went to Mexico and you wouldn't believe the amount of people there that wanted Trump to die. I would ask them if they wanted to come to Amercian and they said straight to my face "Fuck NO, I hate Donald Trump". Yeah, YUGE national crisis at the border. :rolleyes:
”Feel like I have to feel safe by carrying a gun” LOL. I have a hard time believing that you’re as well travelled as you claim, while being so smug, and condescending.
And, could you tell me, what Trump, and Mexicans’ opinions of him, have to do with this thread?

Anyway, My 8y.o.’s favorite restaurant (a steakhouse) out here had a shooting a few months back.

There was an active shooter hiding out at the Yard I work out of, looking to take a hostage for getaway a few weeks ago.

The park where my kids regularly play at, and play soccer and football, just had 4 dogs get out and tear a nanny and the children she was watching to shreds (I LOVE dogs, but if a dog ever came at one of my kids, there is no decision to make, I’ll put it down), leaving them disfigured for life. They also tore up the jogger who ran out and pulled the toddler out of their jaws, and held him up by over his head while they tore at his legs.

So, it’s like carrying insurance. Or in Chris Rocks’ words “in case shit happens”.

I also carry a first aid kit when we go hiking, or camping. Although I’ve never needed it, I have it, just in case. It, like the gun, is not a security blanket for me to “feel safe”

Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
”Feel like I have to feel safe by carrying a gun” LOL. I have a hard time believing that you’re as well travelled as you claim, while being so smug, and condescending.
And, could you tell me, what Trump, and Mexicans’ opinions of him, have to do with this thread?

Anyway, My 8y.o.’s favorite restaurant (a steakhouse) out here had a shooting a few months back.

There was an active shooter hiding out at the Yard I work out of, looking to take a hostage for getaway a few weeks ago.

The park where my kids regularly play at, and play soccer and football, just had 4 dogs get out and tear a nanny and the children she was watching to shreds (I LOVE dogs, but if a dog ever came at one of my kids, there is no decision to make, I’ll put it down), leaving them disfigured for life. They also tore up the jogger who ran out and pulled the toddler out of their jaws, and held him up by over his head while they tore at his legs.

So, it’s like carrying insurance. Or in Chris Rocks’ words “in case shit happens”.

I also carry a first aid kit when we go hiking, or camping. Although I’ve never needed it, I have it, just in case. It, like the gun, is not a security blanket for me to “feel safe”

North Dakota seems like a very violent place. 62 years in suburban Chicago and I've never seen anything like that. It's a good thing that you always have a gun and a first aid kit with you, a terrible way to live, but at least you're prepared.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone here wear a shoulder holster? I’ve contemplated getting one to carry under a jacket during winter.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
North Dakota seems like a very violent place. 62 years in suburban Chicago and I've never seen anything like that. It's a good thing that you always have a gun and a first aid kit with you, a terrible way to live, but at least you're prepared.
Well, not to long ago, Williston was like the Wild West, during the last boom. Women were getting raped and murdered at a high rate. And yes, even men were getting raped and murdered. A grown ass man was gang raped, in the Walmart parking lot, in broad daylight. The ho track, was also at the Walmart, at the money services counter. Hookers, strippers, and dope dealers from all over the country were coming up here.

When an Oil Boom is on, the crime skyrockets. The cops aren’t equipped/staffed to deal with it. Last time, the FBI had to come to help re-establish order.

Oh, then there is also the potential for lengthy winter power outages. It went crazy the last time, a couple of years back, when the power went out for 10 days in -40F. Robbing, looting, home invasions...

I’m not from the suburbs, I’m from the south side. I’ve seen much worse there, than what I’ve described in Williston. Maybe it’s why I find it funny when you debate me, as to what desperate people will and won’t do, and the “feel safe” bullshit.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i? I’ve contemplated getting one to carry under a jacket during winter.
[/QUOTE]

I’ve only ever used them while I was hunting.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still want this.

Attachments

• DSC02867.JPG
    DSC02867.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 4

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Maybe it’s why I find it funny when you debate me, as to what desperate people will and won’t do, and the “feel safe” bullshit.

You lost me, are we debating something here? To my knowledge the only thing I recall debating you over was a restaurant you have never visited. Based on that I suggested we discuss a movie you have never seen or a song you have never heard. Still waiting for your response to those suggestions.