1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Nagy gets off the bus running

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I don't know how much better it can be when our coach doesn't focus on it.

But I do think it is more fixable than our QB situation.

I would honestly like the coaches to focus on it more. We need less Cohen screens and more focus on blocking and Monty.

And why the eff did we bring in Mike Davis? What was the point?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don't know how much better it can be when our coach doesn't focus on it.

But I do think it is more fixable than our QB situation.

I would honestly like the coaches to focus on it more. We need less Cohen screens and more focus on blocking and Monty.

And why the eff did we bring in Mike Davis? What was the point?

That would help Montgomery. We are too concerned with switching out rb instead of focusing on one being your main guy. I think that hurts Montgomery style of play. We don’t need to be using four rb a game(you forgot the Patterson meh runs)

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would help Montgomery. We are too concerned with switching out rb instead of focusing on one being your main guy. I think that hurts Montgomery style of play. We don’t need to be using four rb a game(you forgot the Patterson meh runs)

Although I agree, sadly, Patterson is the only one ever gaining any yards.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't remember for sure but aren't most of the running plays handoffs out of the shotgun? Need to try with the QB under center it would get the RB to the hole(I Know) or line of scrimmage faster to take advantage of the lineman firing off the ball as opposed to out of the shotgun which is a slow developing style that isn't working. Coward looked better last week than KL has, change is needed.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have never ever seen the Bears have a running game this bad. Discuss.

One of the main reasons the offense is inconsistent. I still liked the WRs today. You can tell the bears have it there. they just need better from up front qb/oline

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nagy and OL was always problem with run game. Yall scapegoated Howard, masturbated over getting RBs who could run and catch.

Well be careful what you wish for.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Nagy and OL was always problem with run game. Yall scapegoated Howard, masturbated over getting RBs who could run and catch.

Well be careful what you wish for.

You still think ARob sucks and was a bad signing to?

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I don't remember for sure but aren't most of the running plays handoffs out of the shotgun? Need to try with the QB under center it would get the RB to the hole(I Know) or line of scrimmage faster to take advantage of the lineman firing off the ball as opposed to out of the shotgun which is a slow developing style that isn't working. Coward looked better last week than KL has, change is needed.
Agreed. Need to operate under center more often.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You still think ARob sucks and was a bad signing to?

You seem confused. I supported the ARob signing. I said he did not live up to his contract last year which I stand by.

He has played much better this year thus far. Let's hope he keeps it up for whole season.

Not sure what this has to do with OP though which is about the run game. You seem to be deflecting from the issue at hand.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Given how bad Smith & Daniels are this year, I think the Nelson/Leonard picks have worked out better for Indy. Smith & Daniels are 2 of the bigger disappointments this year

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Monty is at 3.26 ypc.

Last two games? 2.5 and 2.3.

He's had 2 games with 60 or so yards, one with 50, and forgettable 25 & 18 yard games.

You can argue he's not used enough or he sucks.........but we coulda kept Howard and drafted Long's replacement with the 3rd round pick. I mean, if we're not going to use the guy. And what the eff was the point of Mike Davis?

Pace and Nagy are head scratching with this one...

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Monty is at 3.26 ypc.

Last two games? 2.5 and 2.3.

He's had 2 games with 60 or so yards, one with 50, and forgettable 25 & 18 yard games.

You can argue he's not used enough or he sucks.........but we coulda kept Howard and drafted Long's replacement with the 3rd round pick. I mean, if we're not going to use the guy. And what the eff was the point of Mike Davis?

Pace and Nagy are head scratching with this one...
We have better options than Long in the building and they wont start over him. You think a rookie would Have?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Mike Davis needs to be released. No reason to hold on to him and lose out on that 4th rd pick. That would just be stupid.