2019-20 Pre-Season Thread, IGTs and Roster Moves. Oct 7 through 17

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
A whopping FIVE games over 10 days. Meaningless stuff, but at least we get the ball bouncing.

Mon, Oct 7 7PM vs Milwaukee

Wed, Oct 9 7PM vs New Orleans

Fri, Oct 11 6PM @Indiana

Sun, Oct 13 5PM @Toronto

Thu, Oct 17 7PM vs Atlanta

Sat, Oct 19 3PM Team tractor Pulling Gar 's leg out of the dingy in Iowa.

Cuts, additions to the practice squad, Windy City Bulls two-way moves go here.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
:bullbang:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Hopefully the team can stay healthy this season. I really believe that as long as they stay healthy and Jim Boylen isn't a total turd of a coach, they will make the playoffs. I think we'll see big seasons out of Lavine and Lauri.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This bodes well for the Bulls

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is basketball tonight!

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Wow less than 4 minutes into the game they already had to switch Felicio off Brook because he’s so fucking clueless and wouldn’t guard Brook from 3.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Goggled Felicio is still garbage. I’m sadly watching pre season basketball since I won’t get to see much the next couple months while abroad

Also, Dunn still looks terrible

When white is on the floor, young should be as well. A big that can switch defensively and run the fast break with him will be huge.

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Wow less than 4 minutes into the game they already had to switch Felicio off Brook because he’s so fucking clueless and wouldn’t guard Brook from 3.

I am sorry, but there was no fucking way Felicio should have been guarding the three point lopez and Laurie guarding the block Lopez in the first place. That was wrong from every level. It almost smelled like they hoped that the lopez brothers would be defending the same guys that were defending them. Bonehead move to start the season on the staff.

The only way this team runs offense is when Archie is in the game, otherwise its one pass, two if we are extremely lucky that the guy that chose to dribble the ball up the court did not take the shot.

Bulls are talking up Dunn so much they are praying someone loses their point guard and trades for him in his contract year.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I am sorry, but there was no fucking way Felicio should have been guarding the three point lopez and Laurie guarding the block Lopez in the first place. That was wrong from every level. It almost smelled like they hoped that the lopez brothers would be defending the same guys that were defending them. Bonehead move to start the season on the staff.

The only way this team runs offense is when Archie is in the game, otherwise its one pass, two if we are extremely lucky that the guy that chose to dribble the ball up the court did not take the shot.

Bulls are talking up Dunn so much they are praying someone loses their point guard and trades for him in his contract year.

Agreed with the Archie thing 100%. He’s the only true PG we have on the roster. As far as the Lopez brothers and who was guarding them...the only thought I could come up with is maybe that was the coaches way of making Lauri finally play in the post LOL

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Agreed with the Archie thing 100%. He’s the only true PG we have on the roster. As far as the Lopez brothers and who was guarding them...the only thought I could come up with is maybe that was the coaches way of making Lauri finally play in the post LOL
yeah, now that we have Carter, Gabbert, Young and Felicio, we are really going to need Laurie playing the 5. The whole roster is built on tweeners.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't see most of the game. How did Coby look?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Like an athletic rookie with a lot to learn.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Didn't see most of the game. How did Coby look?

I did not see alot of the game either, my son and daughter were at the game and they say in real life he does look like a bobble head doll. He had a couple open looks as soon as he got in the game, was short on both, so that usually tends to show his legs are not there yet. The jump is what fuels a jump shot.

Otherwise, although they say he is tall, he plays like a 6' point, I guess those extra 4 or 5 inches is the hair. He did look extremely fast, but fast on this team usually means the first guy down court with the ball gets to shoot. I really cant see the plan on all these tweener guards. Seems the guys that should be on point handling the ball end up standing at the baseline waiting for Lavine to decide what to do.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I liked what I saw overall. I believe they only took 8 or 9 total shots from mid range. The rest were all inside the paint and from 3. It looks like we may see the offense finally change for the better. Ball pretty much ran through Zach and Lauri the whole time they were on the court, which is how it should be.

And I know it may be early, but it looks like the Bulls may have found a gem in Gafford. He looked good on both ends. He's already better than Felicio....though that's not saying much

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
yeah, now that we have Carter, Gabbert, Young and Felicio, we are really going to need Laurie playing the 5. The whole roster is built on tweeners.

Naw, I’m not saying lauri should play the 5...just that he should go to the block and post up once in a while...evolve his game to the next step.

Felicio should be a bench rider. In today’s NBA gafford and carter can play the 5. Very few centers in the league that they can’t match up with size wise. Young can play some 5 against certain matchups as well. As of right now, the best 5 in my opinion would be Young Lauri Porter Lavine and Archie/maybe Satoransky.

That lineup has a ton of flexibility in their ability to switch defensively.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Naw, I’m not saying lauri should play the 5...just that he should go to the block and post up once in a while...evolve his game to the next step.

Felicio should be a bench rider. In today’s NBA gafford and carter can play the 5. Very few centers in the league that they can’t match up with size wise. Young can play some 5 against certain matchups as well. As of right now, the best 5 in my opinion would be Young Lauri Porter Lavine and Archie/maybe Satoransky.

That lineup has a ton of flexibility in their ability to switch defensively.

That is a good lineup, what they seem to fear is not having the spark off the bench. Archie and Young off the bench are better than other teams 2's, I think that second unit with Archie and Satoransky would be a passing clinic finding open guys at the rim. Put Gafford in that mix and you have a guy that wants nothing more than to dunk anything he can. Move the other pieces around with the tweeners.

The one guy that just looks horrible again is Valentine. I really hoped that guy would find a role, but these drop passes he makes are fitting for the YMCA, not the NBA. Sad that high pick might be the 11th guy on the bench. The ball hawk Shaq might even push him to 12th.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That is a good lineup, what they seem to fear is not having the spark off the bench. Archie and Young off the bench are better than other teams 2's, I think that second unit with Archie and Satoransky would be a passing clinic finding open guys at the rim. Put Gafford in that mix and you have a guy that wants nothing more than to dunk anything he can. Move the other pieces around with the tweeners.

The one guy that just looks horrible again is Valentine. I really hoped that guy would find a role, but these drop passes he makes are fitting for the YMCA, not the NBA. Sad that high pick might be the 11th guy on the bench. The ball hawk Shaq might even push him to 12th.

Yeah, but like I mentioned...I really like the veteran young playing with coby. Coby needs to play to his strength, which is on the fast break...young is a pretty ideal fast break running mate. A big that can run the floor and finish at the rim. I just think it would benefit them greatly.

I got the exact opposite impression from valentine in the preseason game. He seemed to be one of the few guys we have that can knock down open 3’s. He also rebounded the ball well from the 3 spot and had a couple steals on the defensive end. If he can continue to rebound, play defense, and hit open 3’s...that’s about all you can hope for from a back up 3 I feel like. If shaq could play the 3 and hit 3’s, then I’d say he would push valentine down the roster...but, right now the backup 3 spot seems to be valentines to lose. Although, I do think the bulls will try to play satoransky there some due to all the “PG’s” they have on the roster. Since he is a bigger PG, they will try it some I’m sure. Or maybe ask lavine to play the 3 some...but I think that’s a bad idea personally

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Yeah, but like I mentioned...I really like the veteran young playing with coby. Coby needs to play to his strength, which is on the fast break...young is a pretty ideal fast break running mate. A big that can run the floor and finish at the rim. I just think it would benefit them greatly.

I got the exact opposite impression from valentine in the preseason game. He seemed to be one of the few guys we have that can knock down open 3’s. He also rebounded the ball well from the 3 spot and had a couple steals on the defensive end. If he can continue to rebound, play defense, and hit open 3’s...that’s about all you can hope for from a back up 3 I feel like. If shaq could play the 3 and hit 3’s, then I’d say he would push valentine down the roster...but, right now the backup 3 spot seems to be valentines to lose. Although, I do think the bulls will try to play satoransky there some due to all the “PG’s” they have on the roster. Since he is a bigger PG, they will try it some I’m sure. Or maybe ask lavine to play the 3 some...but I think that’s a bad idea personally
We have not seen Hutchensen yet, he will be the backup and future 3. I dont know what Denzel is, 1,2 or 3.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yall should watch tonight. Pels going to be the a great team to watch. May sneak into the playoffs but reminds me of the Warriors before they became great. Run and run and run