Jet lag

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
Can someone here explain to someone as dumb as me how the team was jet lagged when they played their games at the exact same time as at home, and very likely kept the same sleep/eat schedules as they were only in the UK for 2 days(on the front end)? It's different when you play those stupid ass 6:30am games, I get that, but we didn't. If it's an issue of "acclimation" then why don't we sleep in Denver for a week when playing there?

If you can successfully explain how that jives with the actual definition of jet-lag(changing one's sleep/eating schedule based on local time zone), then everyone must be right.

If you can't, then shut the fuck up about fucking jet lag. Sick of reading that as an excuse, if you want to blame Nagy then blame his play calling or something else, but stop talking about fucking jet lag because you obviously have no fucking idea what the term means.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Can someone here explain to someone as dumb as me how the team was jet lagged when they played their games at the exact same time as at home, and very likely kept the same sleep/eat schedules as they were only in the UK for 2 days(on the front end)? It's different when you play those stupid ass 6:30am games, I get that, but we didn't. If it's an issue of "acclimation" then why don't we sleep in Denver for a week when playing there?

If you can successfully explain how that jives with the actual definition of jet-lag(changing one's sleep/eating schedule based on local time zone), then everyone must be right.

If you can't, then shut the fuck up about fucking jet lag. Sick of reading that as an excuse, if you want to blame Nagy then blame his play calling or something else, but stop talking about fucking jet lag because you obviously have no fucking idea what the term means.
Look Dude...
Last year in Miami, the heat took us out and I don't mean the basketball team
This year, the Jet Lag got us.

Stick to the script man.
12-4 still

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Look Dude...
Last year in Miami, the heat took us out and I don't mean the basketball team
This year, the Jet Lag got us.

Stick to the script man.
12-4 still
Our offense was better last year and had an easier schedule

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Our offense was better last year and had an easier schedule
Impossible
We are in year 2 of the plan and everyone hasn't regressed one bit. In fact, the Bears are so badass they took preseason off bro. OFF! Did not play at all.

lbeattie820

Liked Posts:
Plus, they are going back in time, going against the turn of the Earth. Jet Jag is real. I flew from Chicago to Germany non-stop and was ok for about 6 hours, then slept for 12 straight hours, woke up and it's 1 AM and wide awake, then by 7 the next evening I was dog tired again. It takes more than 48 hours to get on the right schedule.

Look the Monday after time changes here in the midwest are heart attack peak days. So just 1 hour for us here is hard, try jumping 6 hours back in time that took you 9 hours to jump there.

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
Sure, that assumes you change schedules - which you do during time zone changes because you have to be at work at a different logical time, not the exact same time like the Bears did. I'll create a Paint drawing illustrating this.3314
Perfectly to scale please critique

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
They played at 1pm here which would make it 7pm there. They lost 6 hours time. Jet lag is a motherfucker. It's hard to sleep.
No dude it was 1pm chicago time which is when the Bears always play. The bears dont work off London time.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Ok buddy, but they were in London not Chicago and there is a 6 hour time difference.
No dude.. Thats not how the OP see it. I think he wants us to shut the fuck up.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Might I suggest OP plans a trip to London, do the exact same thing.... see how you feel?

Things to remember...

1. Cyrcadian rhythm
2. Sleeping on a plane isn't perfect
3. Sleeping in a hotel isn't perfect
4. Appetite on a plane isn't perfect
5. Appetite in a hotel isn't perfect

Jetlag is a real problem.

Gruden specifically went early to ensure he didn't get bit by it this year.

Jetlag is not a good excuse for them sucking ass, they should have planned better.

But they did look slow as fuck across the board, Offense, Defense, ST.... and Jetlag hitting most/all of them would make sense.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Might I suggest OP plans a trip to London, do the exact same thing.... see how you feel?

Things to remember...

1. Cyrcadian rhythm
2. Sleeping on a plane isn't perfect
3. Sleeping in a hotel isn't perfect
4. Appetite on a plane isn't perfect
5. Appetite in a hotel isn't perfect

Jetlag is a real problem.

Gruden specifically went early to ensure he didn't get bit by it this year.

Jetlag is not a good excuse for them sucking ass, they should have planned better.

But they did look slow as fuck across the board, Offense, Defense, ST.... and Jetlag hitting most/all of them would make sense.
So sad OP made an alt account just to post this dumb shit. Guessing he has never left his moms basement.

You're spot on. Jet lag is real. I was worried as soon as I heard they were flying over so late.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Because they likely did not keep the same sleep schedules. You can be told to go to sleep at same time as you normally would but for some people hard to go to sleep at say 12 midnight and stay asleep if your body thinks it is 7pm. I lived in the US and UK and used to fly back and forth quite frequently and it actually is dumb to try and keep the same sleep schedule as if one was in the US.

The best thing I found was to try and stay up and go to bed at the normal time for that given time zone. I would try not to sleep on plane and if I got in at 10am would force myself to stay up until it was time to go to bed in British time. I would be tired as hell as that meant staying up like 18-24 hours but it also meant that when I went to sleep, I would sleep through the night and be adjusted to London time when I woke up. If instead I slept on the plane and then tried to go to bed on British time, my body would be waking me up 5 hours earlier than it should.

So them leaving so late and being told to sleep on the plane probably meant they never quite adjusted to London time. Meanwhile Raiders did because they were there for longer and so even if they didn't use my strategy above, their bodies had more time to adjust.

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
I love all the geniuses in the thread trying to compare their personal travel to a professional football organization's level of control over its players. Geniuses - they function as a self-contained organization even when traveling. If they want everyone to maintain their sleep schedule as if they are in the states, they can feed them at appropriate times based on that schedule. It isn't like when you flew out there coach to do the Downton Abbey Experience.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Jet lag is a problem from a 6 hour flight, if you fly in resting on your laurels. Bears got punched in the face from the get go, and they couldn't recover completely from the shock.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love all the geniuses in the thread trying to compare their personal travel to a professional football organization's level of control over its players. Geniuses - they function as a self-contained organization even when traveling. If they want everyone to maintain their sleep schedule as if they are in the states, they can feed them at appropriate times based on that schedule. It isn't like when you flew out there coach to do the Downton Abbey Experience.
Stop being a wimp and use your real account.

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
Jet lag is a problem from a 6 hour flight, if you fly in resting on your laurels. Bears got punched in the face from the get go, and they couldn't recover completely from the shock.

The flight from Miami to Seattle is almost 7 hours. Have we accidentally discovered the reason for the downfall of the Dolphins? They should arrive there a week early?