Is Ryan Pace's seat getting warm?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No, it's not. I realize the team has looked like complete shit this year, but they are still 3-2 and won the North last year with a record of 12-4 and have one of the best defenses in the league.

I think Pace/Nagy will get a 2nd QB to draft together once this little Mitch experiment is done.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. He has built a great roster from the disaster he inherited. If he missed on MT, and he very well may have, it is a really big miss. That won’t get him fired anytime soon unless the Bears have a losing season this year and next. Nagy might go first though. That said, I think both will be here for a few more years.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, it's not. I realize the team has looked like complete shit this year, but they are still 3-2 and won the North last year with a record of 12-4 and have one of the best defenses in the league.

I think Pace/Nagy will get a 2nd QB to draft together once this little Mitch experiment is done.

I'm fine with that as long as Pace isn't picking the QB. His track record in QB evaluation is horrific.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

This is and always has been an easy no for me. Now we do have a lot of morons on here that don't quite understand football outside of what players stats say so i can't wait to see what they have to say. That's if they have the nutsack to talk about it in this thread. I'd rather they stay away from any thread i make but they really can't help themselves. lol

Last edited:

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Yup, Pace is a fucking idiot

-Bid against himself on Trubisky

-Drafted balsa man, Kevin White in first round. Is that fucker still even playing?

-Refused to build a decent OL

-Bet the farm on average Leonard Floyd

-Spent 9 months tring to figure our kicker situation and it still inst fixed

-Wasted a few years of our time with the lame John Fox

-Obsessed with defense and cluless about drafting offense

-Wouldnt know a decent TE if Gronkowski were standing in front of him.

This clown will never take us to a sb. Where the fuck is Jim Finks when you need him

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm fine with that as long as Pace isn't picking the QB. His track record in QB evaluation is horrific.
I would assume that having Nagy/Helfrich/Ragone helping evaluate QBs will be better than Fox/Loggains or at least one would hope.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have serious issues with a team regressing in year 5 of a GMs tenure.

I also have issues with a GM who hand picks an offensive coach who cannot score more than 16 ppg.

I also have a problem with a GM that trades up with "conviction" and picks a mediocre QB.

Hot, no, but he should feel some heat.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I wouldn't call his first QB drafted as him being bad in evaluating QB's. I know some are gonna bring up the M.Glennon signing but that was simply a one year deal when he was just starting the rebuild and just drafted Trubisky and the smart people realize that because we were just starting a rebuild that that signing didn't hurt us at all.

As i've been saying, R.Pace will be our GM for many years and he will absolutely have a big voice in who our next QB will be if Trubisky doesn't work out for us.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets

I also have issues with a GM who hand picks an offensive coach who cannot score more than 16 ppg.

I also have a problem with a GM that trades up with "conviction" and picks a mediocre QB.

Mr. Wishy Washy, if you dont think the team is moving in the right direction then why no heat. You are symptematic of all bad Bears fans. You have no balls and are willing to accept mediocrity because your standards are so low. Grow a pair

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Do GMs do this often?
You gotta be a pretty lame ass GM to let the coach do your job.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

3 of those years were full on rebuilding which i still don't understand how some people just can't seem to grasp how a rebuild works but that's their issue not mine.

Didn't you love the M.Nagy hiring? Pretty sure you did and have been 100% behind him until now. I guess that means you were wrong about him as well. I know i'm definitely starting to lean the other way and i was a big Nagy fan.

Do you still think that there's a way for people to know what a college player will be in the NFL? If so then don't you think T.Brady would went #1 overall and that D.Prescott would of gone high 1st round and that Mahomes and Watson would of gone #1 and #2 in the draft and i can keep going on and on and on and on with this but i think you get the point. I understand that when a player gets drafted high and doesn't live up to it that it always falls on the GM but that doesn't mean that it's right. There has to be a fall guy and the GM usually ends up being that fall guy for things like that.

Ryan Pace doesn't and shouldn't feel any heat at all when it comes to anyone thinking the people higher up are even thinking about firing him.

I'm wondering if i'll get a real, truthful and legit reply on any of this or some dancing around a real reply or any reply at all.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Its not just the QB its the offense too.

Mitch is struggling because the offense is running out plays and players that are going up against teams ready to play them.

Every Team is built to defend this offense. Nickel corners are starters and on the field more every year.

Youre trying to use athleticism to beat athletic defenses. When you should use power to toughness. If you arent the Bulls be the Pistons. Hack em, hurt em, try to make em quit, hope they don't have a Michael Jordan.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
warm and comfy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is actually a really good question which i'll put in my thread even though it has nothing to do with the topic. It's my thread damn it.

This is a real thinker because i'm a huge McVay fan boy but i can't pass up on Mahomes so i gotta go Mahomes with Kitchens cause i can always just fire Kitchens if it doesn't work out.

Is this interesting enough to make a thread to see everyone's answer? I think so.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
3 of those years were full on rebuilding which i still don't understand how some people just can't seem to grasp how a rebuild works but that's their issue not mine.

Didn't you love the M.Nagy hiring? Pretty sure you did and have been 100% behind him until now. I guess that means you were wrong about him as well. I know i'm definitely starting to lean the other way and i was a big Nagy fan.

Do you still think that there's a way for people to know what a college player will be in the NFL? If so then don't you think T.Brady would went #1 overall and that D.Prescott would of gone high 1st round and that Mahomes and Watson would of gone #1 and #2 in the draft and i can keep going on and on and on and on with this but i think you get the point. I understand that when a player gets drafted high and doesn't live up to it that it always falls on the GM but that doesn't mean that it's right. There has to be a fall guy and the GM usually ends up being that fall guy for things like that.

Ryan Pace doesn't and shouldn't feel any heat at all when it comes to anyone thinking the people higher up are even thinking about firing him.

I'm wondering if i'll get a real, truthful and legit reply on any of this or some dancing around a real reply or any reply at all.

Lots to unpack here

1. I am not blaming him for 3 years of rebuild, I am blaming him in part for the regression that has taken place in YEAR 5. Regression is not an assessment of the Fox era.

2. I loved Matt Nagy. I am concerned that I was wrong. But this may amaze you. I did not get to interview Nagy, do a background check, work with him everyday. So, if Nagy does fail I will hold him to a higher standard then someone who talks about it on the internet.

3. The GM is the fall guy because he makes the decisions. He has the most information available to him and the final say on who makes the team. No GM is perfect, but there are some who are better than others. This is not throwing darts at a board and guessing. This is a multi million dollar exhaustive data led process.

Ryan Pace should feel some heat. His hand picked coach and team have regressed from last season and are not playing well. If he does not feel heat because of this, then what is the incentive for him to work towards the playoffs and the Super Bowl.

Firing Pace would be stupid. But he should take some body blows if this season continues to trend the direction it is.