Over/under on Trubisky's stats from here out.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not just the inaccuracy issues for me anymore. He always looks like he's playing a game for his life or something. Always high strung and afraid of making mistakes.

On this we agree. Mitch's issues this season are largely between his ears. It looks like he's trying way too hard to play mistake free perfect football. I think we can all agree he plays his best when he's not able to think so much and is forced to just rip it with confidence (like the throw to ARob in the playoffs vs Philly).

This is where I feel like Nagy is failing us/him. The league has caught up to his playbook and he's getting out-schemed weekly. Week after week you can watch the redzone channel and see teams getting players wide open using a variety of bullshit pick/rub concepts yet where are those plays in the Bears playbook? Do they even have any? I don't recall seeing any.

Can't run the ball. Can barely pass block. Screen game is non-existent. Formations and route concepts are stale and predictable. It's a terrible situation for any QB to be in. People here like to act like some elite superstar QB could just be inserted into the situation and make all those issues magically disappear but I just don't see it. Mahomes can't even make the OL issues disappear on his own team but somehow he's going to do it here... sure oook.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'm looking at Sportrac and guys like WInston, Mariota, Trubs....$23 to 26 MM.

I don't know how often these are adjusted. Then you got comparable guys on old deals like Dalton for $16MM.

If Trubisky could win some of us over these last few games....maybe we could get a sweet deal on a middling QB.

It just seems like a lot of them either have a mega-deal or are a rube trying to get one. Like you either earn a big contract or your not in the league anymore...lol.

That's kinda how it seems to me too. I think we'll see a swing away from huge deals for non-elite QBs in the near future.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm looking at Sportrac and guys like WInston, Mariota, Trubs....$23 to 26 MM.

I don't know how often these are adjusted. Then you got comparable guys on old deals like Dalton for $16MM.

If Trubisky could win some of us over these last few games....maybe we could get a sweet deal on a middling QB.

It just seems like a lot of them either have a mega-deal or are a rube trying to get one. Like you either earn a big contract or your not in the league anymore...lol.
Here's the thing, If Mitch doesn't lock it up this year, what do you do? Obviously draft a kid somewhere but you're not starting that in 2020. You probably go hard for, gulp, Dalton to hold the fort. Bridgewater maybe but do you risk it with this OL?
Let me reiterate, Dalton. It's like holding your nose and taking the medicine. Eww.

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Seems like a random thing to tweet when the Bears are on their bye week. Not that I disagree, just seems like odd timing.
I agree someone else tweeted man the bears are on a bye week and still are the Medias punching bag haha

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Do you think Mitch Trubisky will be over or under these stats with 11 games remaining: (totals for the year)

2,900 yards and 21 TDs.

If he hits those stats dead on...is that acceptable for a third year starter?
Over

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Under even if he plays/completes every game.

Some people think he is going to have an epiphany and start slinging it around the field. He is who he is in year 3. Some of the same problems he had in college.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I hear you.

It's not just the inaccuracy issues for me anymore. He always looks like he's playing a game for his life or something. Always high strung and afraid of making mistakes.

Then I watch other QBs roll up to the o-line like Joe Cool and engineer a drive like a walk in the park...regardless of the defensive pressure. They simply step up in the pocket and make a quick throw.

There are maybe 3 quarterbacks in the league that do that consistently.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
lol god no...that's two passing td's a game

He has 3, right? So with 11 games left he needs 18 more to get to 21. 18 in 11 games is the pace of 26 over a full season, which is more or less where he was last year.

I doubt he gets another 6 td outlier, of course. But these are hardly big numbers we're looking at.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A lot will depend on Coward and if Mitch actually steps up when he can. He's been throwing off his back foot a lot this year.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Leno has been pure trash at LT this year.
Long has been pure trash at RG this year.
Massie has regressed.
Whitehead has struggled.
Daniels has struggled.
TE blocking is trash.

If we take liberties and say Coward upgrades RG thus allowing Daniels, Whitehead, maybe even Massie to not falter. You are left with the dumpster fire Leno whose fall off has been as bad as Longs. Obviously no more linemen with 4 letter names beginning with L. But letting the ugly TE blocking help Leno double whatever cheerleader or water boy that is pancaking him at the moment should be enough.
If this improves then the run & pass game instantly gets better from neutered to below average. And below average is enough to win games with this defense. So if Mitch can start/finish the rest of the season he should easily eclipse those stats.

And if the line gets him more room to breath and run with a 4 ypc run game maybe we see that improvement we were promised. Because if there really is improvement now is when the Bears need it the most.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He only needs to average 210 yards/game.

Over on the yards. Under on the TDs. There’s a few bad pass d on the schedule

BearUp

Liked Posts:
I see things kinda reversed - I think the poor play from the other offensive positions is more on that QB than the opposite. We cannot stretch the field - period. When there is no deep threat it changes the way the defense plays and it has a major impact on the run game and even the line play. Option #1 - everyone on the offense has regressed this year. Option #2 - D has tape on Trub and the bears offense and knows that if they focus on the run and the short passing game the QB cannot beat you.

My hopes - That the Bears open up the offense and allow Trubs to THROW IT DOWNFIELD 4+ TIMES A GAME. Even if they end up incomplete it can stretch the field. And it will help the line and the running game tremendously. Yes, we need to run the ball more, but with ZERO deep threat that really doesn't amount to a winning gameplan. It's not run, run, run, run, play action screen or 5yd dunk. It is run, run, TAKE SHOTS DOWN THE FIELD.

So I want to see what Trubs can do when he consistently takes shots down the field.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
he will reach those numbers if he plays all the remaining games.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I see things kinda reversed - I think the poor play from the other offensive positions is more on that QB than the opposite. We cannot stretch the field - period. When there is no deep threat it changes the way the defense plays and it has a major impact on the run game and even the line play. Option #1 - everyone on the offense has regressed this year. Option #2 - D has tape on Trub and the bears offense and knows that if they focus on the run and the short passing game the QB cannot beat you.

My hopes - That the Bears open up the offense and allow Trubs to THROW IT DOWNFIELD 4+ TIMES A GAME. Even if they end up incomplete it can stretch the field. And it will help the line and the running game tremendously. Yes, we need to run the ball more, but with ZERO deep threat that really doesn't amount to a winning gameplan. It's not run, run, run, run, play action screen or 5yd dunk. It is run, run, TAKE SHOTS DOWN THE FIELD.

So I want to see what Trubs can do when he consistently takes shots down the field.

I agree that they need to throw downfield more, for sure, more to open up the underneath. But I don't think the OL's problems are due to that. If you get push off the ball it doesn't really matter how many guys are there. LB won't be able to flow to the ball, they'll be in the wash. Look at Roquan against OAK for example, or even at our entire D against Oakland. Carr might have throw one pass more than 20 yards, their top 2 WRs were out, and they still hammered it down the Bears' throat.

Bill Shanahan used to say he'd run the ball at any number of players into the box, and he did. It's not safeties making the initial hit, it's DL and LB, because the OL isn't blocking them well. The Bears' passing game has been much worse than this with a much better running game many times in the last 30 years.