nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Holy crap that’s amazing!
Disintegration was a really good read. Dark though. Very solid character development. This serves as a nice reminder that I need to read more of his stuff :)

If you like Chuck Palahniuk (e.g. Fight Club), you will dig his work.

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Just started writing my third book (second solo). With full work schedule it takes years from start to finish, I shoot for about 6 or 7 years. Don't have time to read much except for other stuff that is necessary to read for my book.

It's mostly boring academic history.

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just started writing my third book (second solo). With full work schedule it takes years from start to finish, I shoot for about 6 or 7 years. Don't have time to read much except for other stuff that is necessary to read for my book.

It's mostly boring academic history.
what 'branch' of academic history, if you don't mind my asking?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Currently writing my own book.

What genre and premise? I have about 1,000 pages written scattered across like 7 books. My problem is there is no organization to it. I just have this overarching connecting story and write parts of it when the mood suits me but they are not in any sort of linear or narrative format. One of these days I may try to organize them and try and finish at least the first book.

I’ll shoot you some info when it becomes more concrete and develop but the premise is a fictional retelling of what happened to Alexander the Great’s empire

Ah cool, one of my favorite historical figures, I have snippet written about that historical era about his soldiers' near mutiny.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Disintegration was a really good read. Dark though. Very solid character development. This serves as a nice reminder that I need to read more of his stuff :)

If you like Chuck Palahniuk (e.g. Fight Club), you will dig his work.

Yeah good read. I remember talk of Wicker being a writer but completely forgot about it.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
What genre and premise? I have about 1,000 pages written scattered across like 7 books. My problem is there is no organization to it. I just have this overarching connecting story and write parts of it when the mood suits me but they are not in any sort of linear or narrative format. One of these days I may try to organize them and try and finish at least the first book.

Ah cool, one of my favorite historical figures, I have snippet written about that historical era about his soldiers' near mutiny.
He fascinates me. Part of me keeps wondering how different the world would be today if his last words were actually an heir to his empire versus what it allegedly was- “to the strongest”. Rome might never have even been founded, he was allegedly planning to go west after he got back to Greece before he died in Babylon.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He fascinates me. Part of me keeps wondering how different the world would be today if his last words were actually an heir to his empire versus what it allegedly was- “to the strongest”. Rome might never have even been founded, he was allegedly planning to go west after he got back to Greece before he died in Babylon.
Edit: also I am still in the infancy of this story. I only decided to give writing a book a try this past summer when I was bored out of my mind. I am currently working on the “lore” and then planning adding characters from there.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Well I think realistically, they would still have fallen into fighting. His wife was still pregnant with his son and Cassander eventually had his son murdered. So unlikely the generals would have abided by anything Alexander said. The reality is without an heir that was an adult or close too it, the Empire was doomed the minute Alexander died so young.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Well I think realistically, they would still have fallen into fighting. His wife was still pregnant with his son and Cassander eventually had his son murdered. So unlikely the generals would have abided by anything Alexander said. The reality is without an heir that was an adult or close too it, the Empire was doomed the minute Alexander died so young.
Maybe, but to them Alexander was a god like figure and I don’t think they would have betrayed his dying wish like that. After all in a twisted sense they honored him by dividing up the kingdom amongst the generals and then jockey for power. I think the real reason that his empire would crumble so quickly was because he adopted a lot of Persian and Asian customs in an effort to incorporate all of the conquered people into his new empire, much like the Romans did later on. However a lot of the Greeks in his ranks thought he took it too far. Alexander never had a child with a Greek woman, and therefore in their eyes the Macedonian Empire couldn’t be turned over to somebody who was mixed with blood from conquered people’s.