Cubs Fan Roll-Call Thread : Introduce Yourself and Start Posting

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

Stranger-Things-Scoops-Ahoy-Halloween-Costumes.jpg

Amazing how even a 'roll call' thread can be so unwelcoming and dead.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hello!

Chicago Cubs fan from England here. Started watching baseball a few years back due to having weird shift patterns and needing something to watch after work. With the Cubs having so many afternoon games I found myself watching the Cubs more often than any other team.

Looking forward to the London Series next year and hopefully getting the chance to have a few beers with some fellow cubs fans.

Favourite player: Javy Baez

Favourite Cubs Moment: The Zobrist go-ahead RBI in game 7.

Favourite Cubs Moment that wasn't in the World Series: Bote walk off slam against the Nats

Other than baseball I watch football (soccer): Follow my home town team Darlington FC.

Welcome!

Hands97

Liked Posts:
Cubs fan since 1984
Anthony Rizzo
Kerry Wood
Kerry's last ever strikeout

REALITY CHECK2020

Liked Posts:
FACTS ARE FACTS: With 156 games now played the Cardinals are in fact 7 games better than our Cubs and the Brewers are 4 game better than our Cubs. This is the REALITY CHECK.
This nonsense I hear about, "we are a better team than this, is just BS. This is the largest possible sampling of the season, 156 games and the Cubs are not the World Series caliber team, anymore. Get use to being a 5 over .500 team by next year, at best, and a sub .500 team after 2020. GM blew 10's of millions to ruin the near term chances for anything above a .500 team. Back to reality Cubs Nation.

Uncle Gary

Liked Posts:
I have been paying attention to the Cubs since 1980. I obsess about roster moves, especially in the offseason. I don't like a bunch of drama.

MarcoSantana

Liked Posts:
Cubs fan here for more than 40 years. Javy is my favorite player today. Good old 22 Bill Buckner is my favorite of all time. Other than the Cubs clinching the World Series (because we all obviously love that one), my favorite Cubs moment was Kerry Wood’s 20K game, still the best game ever pitched, if you ask me.

Indycubfan #1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I've been a Cub fan since 1969. I was a Cardinal fan when I was young, mainly because I could listen to their games on my Philco radio, but when Augie traded Curt Flood and Tim McCarver, then fired Harry for dating Augie's daughter, it was time to leave the Cards! I chose to be a Cub fan because a friend of mine was a Cub fan and a loyal one, win or lose. I've been hanging in there ever since and shed a few tears in 2016 when they finally won the World Series in my lifetime. I live in Indianapolis and have made several trips to Wrigley when I was younger. I had a friend who lived about a mile and a half away and we used to walk to the games and bar hop on the way back to his home. One night we ended up at a oldies bar, can't remember the game, but some of the Mets players were in there. There happened to be a dunk tank in this bar, and the Met players were unable to put the young lady in the tank. One of 'em, Keith Hernandez iirc, came over to me and said take a shot, and I did and plunked the young lady into the water. My wife and I didn't have to buy a drink the rest of the night. Uptown Saturday Night might have been the name of the place. This was in 1984 and the magic number was in every store front in Wrigleyville. I'm 80 years old now and haven't been to Wrigley for quite sometime, but I never miss the games on Marquee!