Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Last edited:

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The success of the I-formation probably has a lot to do with the fact that Nagy never uses it and defenses already know what's coming with his usual formations and plays. The Chargers were probably like "WTF formation is this!?" from CHI.... lol

That said, we should be using it more.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank you for posting this. For those who don’t know who JT O’Sullivan is...

In 2002, J.T. was the New Orleans Saints 6th round pick in the NFL Draft. He played for the Saints for three years. In 2004, he was traded to the Green Bay Packers. From there, he played in the NFL for the Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, Carolina Panthers, Detroit Lions, San Francisco 49ers, Cincinnati Bengals, San Diego Chargers, and Oakland Raiders. In addition, he had two seasons in NFL Europe for the Frankfurt Galaxy and one season in the CFL for the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

UNIQUELY QUALIFIED

Beyond an NFL QB with experience in 12 different NFL offenses, J.T. is uniquely qualified for the QB School because of his post-playing academic career. In 2017, J.T. completed his Ph.D. in Leadership Studies from the University of San Diego. Dr. O’Sullivan has the practical experience and theoretical expertise to better educate and help others understand in-depth football analysis.

O’Sullivan has a great Patreon page where he breaks down game film at the level of NFL coaches. I highly respect everything he puts out.

I hope everyone gets to watch this video. His breakdown of the SCAT HANK concept play where Trubisky fumbled the ball was truly eye opening and likely the final straw in the coaching staffs faith in Trubisky.

To completely misread a play that is literally the most basic play concept in NFL offenses, one so simple and vanilla that it is practically never used outside of preseason, has got to be rock bottom.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
On the interception play, #12 was wide open at the 40 with not one defender close

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
On the 2nd to last play broken down, we had a receiver wide open again, and Trubs missed him

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
..OK..isnt a 5 yard gain better than an INT?
Outside of a fumble, everything is better than an INT there.

Did you see how wide open the 3rd row stands were at the 50 yard line? Trubisky should have thrown it there.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For those who can’t watch the video, I’ll try to sum up the play. This play that Nagy called for Trubisky that resulted in a fumble, SCAT HANK, was the most basic of play designs. It is the first play installed in a west coast offense, a play that even 4th string QB’s need to have down. It’s such a remedial play that it’s almost never actually used in a regular season game.

Trubisky’s first read is Burton in the middle of the field. If he’s open, throw it to him immediately. If either of the linebackers comes in to take away Burton, throw it to the hook route on that linebackers side of the field. That’s it, simple as that. The only things Trubisky has to read on this play are the 2 linebackers standing directly in front of him in the middle of the field.

4qk3VeS.jpg

cgHmi7T.jpg

Burton was wide open immediately. Neither of the linebackers came in to take him away. But Trubisky scanned past him and looked to the hook route on the left side of the field, where the linebacker was still sinking. The rest is history...

BkPOBX.gif

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Add the scat hank play & the Gabriel overthrow to the 2 or 3 plays from the Football Dr. Phil video...and you got around 5 plays that Trubisky missed easy opportunities on.

WTF is wrong with this guy?

I'm beginning to believe he's going to be a one contract bust.

Does anyone believe another team wants this guy? He should take his $29MM, his health, and his new gf and move far away. Forget about being a backup. He's made the biggest contract he's ever going to see.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Add the scat hank play & the Gabriel overthrow to the 2 or 3 plays from the Football Dr. Phil video...and you got around 5 plays that Trubisky missed easy opportunities on.

WTF is wrong with this guy?

I'm beginning to believe he's going to be a one contract bust.

Does anyone believe another team wants this guy? He should take his $29MM, his health, and his new gf and move far away. Forget about being a backup. He's made the biggest contract he's ever going to see.
At this point, Mitch needs to be looking into finishing his degree and finding another career.