Robert Schmitz - Breaking down the Bears' offensive problems

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:

TLDR: scheme fucked the run game, Mitch fucked the passing game.

Nagy's blocking scheme only makes sense if he uses a dart board to decide blocking responsibilities for each linemen.

Mitch's issues arent scheme related unless "allowed to play in the first place" is a scheme issue.

Tostada

Liked Posts:

Nagy's blocking scheme only makes sense if he uses a dart board to decide blocking responsibilities for each linemen.

Mitch's issues arent scheme related unless "allowed to play in the first place" is a scheme issue.
Schmiddy has problems get his internet connection right, he's a schmuck.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Great video - thanks!

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

This video had me questioning whether or not to become an alcoholic and just drown myself in Jack Daniels. Being a Bears fan is fucking depressing

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
If you eliminate the plays that are "too gimmicky" or the plays that are demanding too much to go right you would improve the offense by a substantial margin. Many times the QB is put in 3rd and long situations and still manages to complete passes to keep drives going. Mitch misses and makes mistakes like any other QB. he has 3 interceptions on the year. However he gets handcuffed to playcalls like the Patterson end around and the 4 wide to patterson. Instead of having 6 OL 1 TE 1 QB 1 HB 1 FB and a WR. Inside the 5. The TE can slip behind coverage, YOU DONT HAVE TO TRICK EM HE IS JUST TALLER. Robinson can drag across the formation and find a spot to sit down for a completion. A Strong Power run works probably 3 our of 4 times for positive yards.

You cant judge him in the redzone because those are the calls he is getting when he gets there. and he isn't turning the ball over.

Somebody with a brain needs to realize its Nagy being too fancy. The effect is low team moral, low confidence from mitch, backlash from your fanbase, no running game, defense looks pissed.

Just play NFL football. throw fancy shit in once a game.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well said, Chris. Nagy is a fucking clown.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
If you eliminate the plays that are "too gimmicky" or the plays that are demanding too much to go right you would improve the offense by a substantial margin. Many times the QB is put in 3rd and long situations and still manages to complete passes to keep drives going. Mitch misses and makes mistakes like any other QB. he has 3 interceptions on the year. However he gets handcuffed to playcalls like the Patterson end around and the 4 wide to patterson. Instead of having 6 OL 1 TE 1 QB 1 HB 1 FB and a WR. Inside the 5. The TE can slip behind coverage, YOU DONT HAVE TO TRICK EM HE IS JUST TALLER. Robinson can drag across the formation and find a spot to sit down for a completion. A Strong Power run works probably 3 our of 4 times for positive yards.

You cant judge him in the redzone because those are the calls he is getting when he gets there. and he isn't turning the ball over.

Somebody with a brain needs to realize its Nagy being too fancy. The effect is low team moral, low confidence from mitch, backlash from your fanbase, no running game, defense looks pissed.

Just play NFL football. throw fancy shit in once a game.
The smartest thing numbnuts did was use Lucas as an extra tackle, and he copyed that from the previous saints game, he's a fraud...

Tostada

Liked Posts:
The smartest thing numbnuts did was use Lucas as an extra tackle, and he copyed that from the previous saints game, he's a fraud...
Anyone thinks the D, inside house, is turning on Mitch, is a plain moron. Nagy is losing the team fast.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Run and pass are related. Running more isn't necessarily going to bring up the safeties unless the D feels they won't have enough time to get to the point of attack. Slow developing or horizontal runs won't do it to help the passing game. That said hitting some deep balls also helps the run. The O can do no right at the moment.

He says that Mitch used to learn from his errors and it's no longer the case and I agree. He's actually regressed this year because D's now have his number. He's not staring guys down as much and reading safeties better but he's still not throwing to the most open guy, waiting too long to come to that decision and looks tentative to pulling the trigger. No anticipation about when guys will get a gap. It's like he needs to take what he's learned and schoolyard it some more until it feels more natural.

At this point, I'd rather he tries to make more happen and the mistakes that come with it to see if he can break out the other side. Season's not over but close enough and this sort of play will seal that deal. Might as well tell him to make plays, stick it out there and see if he can develop any feel for the position.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Run and pass are related. Running more isn't necessarily going to bring up the safeties unless the D feels they won't have enough time to get to the point of attack. Slow developing or horizontal runs won't do it to help the passing game. That said hitting some deep balls also helps the run. The O can do no right at the moment.

He says that Mitch used to learn from his errors and it's no longer the case and I agree. He's actually regressed this year because D's now have his number. He's not staring guys down as much and reading safeties better but he's still not throwing to the most open guy, waiting too long to come to that decision and looks tentative to pulling the trigger. No anticipation about when guys will get a gap. It's like he needs to take what he's learned and schoolyard it some more until it feels more natural.

At this point, I'd rather he tries to make more happen and the mistakes that come with it to see if he can break out the other side. Season's not over but close enough and this sort of play will seal that deal. Might as well tell him to make plays, stick it out there and see if he can develop any feel for the position.
I agree. He's playing too scared. I think they should just force him to play and live with the mistakes. Seems he cares too much about not making a mistake because the defense is good and he doesn't want to be the reason they lose. Maybe if the defense was terrible and Mitch was to get into a shootout, he would learn to play not scared

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
I agree. He's playing too scared. I think they should just force him to play and live with the mistakes. Seems he cares too much about not making a mistake because the defense is good and he doesn't want to be the reason they lose. Maybe if the defense was terrible and Mitch was to get into a shootout, he would learn to play not scared

hes playing scared, Nagys coaching scared. What the fuck are they afraid of? Winning? Success? Super Bowls?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nagy is a clown. Helfrich is a clown.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

The I formation demnda safety attention. Because z missed tackle is a touchdown.

So kinda