Trade Mack!

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Mack is the man! But I hate to say it.... either he is hurt or he has lost a step.

I saw that today when he had a clear run at their QB. Took him much longer to get there than usual.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Yep Mack is great vs bad teams or average Olines. You nor me can name a game vs a good Oline that Mack blew up.

The problem facing this team is the limited draft value along with a huge cap problem. Mack by himself can fix both of those problems. This team will not win a championship with Mack on the team. This is a fact.

You get rid of Mack you have a below average defense and a better shot at a QB. Woop.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
This is stupid. Mack is 28. Whatever timeline you have for when you want to win if you think you're not "win now", he's still going to be highly impactful and then you'll just have to try and find someone who comes even close to his on field production.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
This is stupid. Mack is 28. Whatever timeline you have for when you want to win if you think you're not "win now", he's still going to be highly impactful and then you'll just have to try and find someone who comes even close to his on field production.

Do the Bears really need to find someone to replace Mack or find pass rushers on both ends while saving a ton of money for free agents and gaining a draft pick?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
It was a dumb trade before you knew what you had in Trubisky. I said it then and it’s proving to be absolutely correct.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the theory is, trade away a proven stud...so we can add draft picks and get.....what? Please tell us about all these amazing draft picks we landed

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I don't think you should trade Mack, but if you really feel Mitch can't do it, the season is lost, Mack's prime will be lost and it's time to go full rebuild, then sure maybe it's a decent idea.

There's a chance someone will give you 2 first rounders for him. There's not another player on the roster that can get that kind of return.

Again, I'm not thinking that's what should happen, but that it's the best way to start the rebuild.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think you should trade Mack, but if you really feel Mitch can't do it, the season is lost, Mack's prime will be lost and it's time to go full rebuild, then sure maybe it's a decent idea.

There's a chance someone will give you 2 first rounders for him. There's not another player on the roster that can get that kind of return.

Again, I'm not thinking that's what should happen, but that it's the best way to start the rebuild.
Two first rounders....maybe, but why cant Mack play and continue to be a problem ala Bruce Smith who was landing double digit sacks til about 35

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Two first rounders....maybe, but why cant Mack play and continue to be a problem ala Bruce Smith who was landing double digit sacks til about 35

Because double digit sacks, if he even gets to that, means nothing for the team if you don’t win. The goal is to make the whole team better, and win games. How are we supposed to replace half the Oline, the QB, both TE’s, with the few picks we have?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Some of you really want to make this team worse and i don't understand why.

cd35

Liked Posts:
I shook my head when people went on and on about how dumb Gruden was for the trade. No he wasn't. The price was too high for Mack UNLESS you already have a great offense. No matter how well he plays, in an offensive league where the rules favor that side of the ball, having an all world defensive player and a great D but no offense isnt going to work anymore.

It was a trade for a team with all the other pieces. Mitch isn't the QB so now unless they miraculously get a very good qb next year the countdown begins on the D regressing even more and the window is closing fast.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Bruce Smith was a big dude. When he was drafted he was 6'4, 280. Kind of like Reggie White and Julius Peppers when their speed sort of left them they were still able to out power tackles.

Kalil Mack was 6'3, 251 at the draft. No doubt he got stronger since joining the NFL, but he's just not built like the larger DEs that were still very effective past 30.

He could be effective later in his career, but I just haven't seen it. I'm expecting another 1-3 seasons after this of dominant play, then he'll tail off. Barring injury he can play until 35, but I'm not confident he'd be dominant and probably not worth a contract that's paying him for past accomplishments.

Last edited:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Some of you really want to make this team worse and i don't understand why.

Why this season hurts worse is that as a fan you had higher expectations. Coming off a 12 win regular season where you were one missed FG from who knows the thinking was that Mitch and the O will take another step while the D remains dominant.

A rebuild represents little to no expectations. For those that the highs, then lows were too much it represents a break.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I have zero problem with the trade Pace made for Mack. Even in hindsight.

The problem is he got his QB evaluation wrong (and followed it up by picking Shaheen).

Watson and Kittle and he's a reigning GM of the year with a 6-2 team looking ahead to the playoffs. Mack is not playing 40 minutes a game and likely has better production.