OT: Minshew benched

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You guys think he will be available this offseason?

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
2020 is going to be Marcus Mariota Time.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is making under 700K a year through the 2022 season. The Jags would be dumb to let him walk, but will probably listen to trade offers.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He is making under 700K a year through the 2022 season. The Jags would be dumb to let him walk, but will probably listen to trade offers.
So you’re saying Foles will be available? Because you can’t have that expensive of a guy on the bench. I tend to agree with your reasoning by the way.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Also worth mentioning that Cam Newton has just been put on IR for a foot injury.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you’re saying Foles will be available?

I think that is a better chance depending where they go in the draft. I don't think you should count Minshew as your starting QB, but that is a great price for a capable back-up.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’m all in on Winshew.

kind of shocked they benched him. He’s had a rough month but only two games were terrible. Highly doubt they’d trade him but I’d be on the phone this offseason.

Get your jorts ready.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's like we don't see this almost every year with new backup QBs...

Plus, I made the mistake of stacking him and Chark in one of my DK lineups this week over a Winston or Wilson stack. Dumb!

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that is a better chance depending where they go in the draft. I don't think you should count Minshew as your starting QB, but that is a great price for a capable back-up.
Not sure if you have posted this elsewhere and I have not seen it but...

What are your feelings on the Saints retaining Bridgewater this offseason? Do you think they keep him to be heir apparent? Do you think Brees returns next season?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just saw that Foles is back and starting. So Minshew wasn’t benched. When I saw this thread I figure the s third string guy was gonna play

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m all in on Winshew.

kind of shocked they benched him. He’s had a rough month but only two games were terrible. Highly doubt they’d trade him but I’d be on the phone this offseason.

Get your jorts ready.
Knew there was nothing solid there. It just doesn't take much to get Jags fans excited about. Minshew mania is over and the Jags still suck.

Looking at veteran QBs for the Bears, I don't think there is a good one who will be made available unless Bridgewater is. Think that depends on what Brees tells the team about his future plans. If he tells them he has many years left in him, they may have to let Bridgewater go as it would be too much money to keep both and let a talent like Bridgewater sit on the back burner for several years.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Minshew would be absolutely terrible in Nagys scheme.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Knew there was nothing solid there. It just doesn't take much to get Jags fans excited about. Minshew mania is over and the Jags still suck.

Looking at veteran QBs for the Bears, I don't think there is a good one who will be made available unless Bridgewater is. Think that depends on what Brees tells the team about his future plans. If he tells them he has many years left in him, they may have to let Bridgewater go as it would be too much money to keep both and let a talent like Bridgewater sit on the back burner for several years.
Nothing solid? Harsh. He’s definitely solid. Might not be a franchise qb but the small sample size shows that he can play.

I’m not sold on Theodore for what the asking price will probably be. He’s in a great situation. I get Matt Cassel vibes. But at this point I’d be happy with anyone except Mariota.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Minshew is like four years for $2.7MM.

Who of value could we trade to JAX for him?

Also, why wouldn't they just keep him as the backup? Would he have to be a holdout to force a trade?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Nothing solid? Harsh. He’s definitely solid. Might not be a franchise qb but the small sample size shows that he can play.

I’m not sold on Theodore for what the asking price will probably be. He’s in a great situation. I get Matt Cassel vibes. But at this point I’d be happy with anyone except Mariota.

Me too. I keep having flashbacks of Bridgewater in Minnesota, and the games I watched, he looked like huge project.