Maybe we are too hard on Mitch

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
No doubt the O-line has an impact on how your offense runs, but having a QB that is playing a poorly as Mitch, just compounds the problem.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No doubt the O-line has an impact on how your offense runs, but having a QB that is playing a poorly as Mitch, just compounds the problem.
Nagy, Mitch, and the oline are all responsible. Finding the root cause is important. The only one that can be potentially be eliminated in season is Nagy's playcalling and maybe not even that, as there is no experienced NFL football playcaller to fall back on unless the would pass that on to Childress, but I don't foresee that happening.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I'm nine minutes into that video and it doesn't support what you're saying. I guess I could watch the whole thing, but what a waste of time to confirm what we already know...that Trubisky is bad.

Of course there will be some plays were the pass protection could be better, but he's got time on a lot of these...it's the NFL, you got 3 seconds top. If you've got 4 you're o-line is doing an outstanding job.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I agree that Mitch has become a scapegoat for a bad offense all around. Part of the problem is he doesn't read the field correctly so he makes an easier play more difficult than it has to be.

This offense just can't run the spread. Can't do it. We should just stop trying.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I agree that Mitch has become a scapegoat for a bad offense all around. Part of the problem is he doesn't read the field correctly so he makes an easier play more difficult than it has to be.

This offense just can't run the spread. Can't do it. We should just stop trying.

Yep.

And to the guys pushing a lot of the blame to the o-line...

Are you saying we should consider giving Mitch Trubisky a second contract? Or you just trying to vindicate Mitch a bit? (which is fine)

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Not saying he isnt sucking, but just watching the first half of this vid, is sad. Fire Nagy and address the oline, no QB has success with this shit

I believe he can be an okay NFL quarterback in time. I do not see him ever becoming an elite quarterback, or anything close to it. Expectations were obviously high, given where he was drafted. It's disappointing to see him clearly outperformed by quarterbacks drafted after him, and quarterbacks who haven't been in the league as long.

Ultimately, he might be better off in another city where expectations are lower....Then perhaps he can relax and have at least a decent career. That seems unlikely here.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Not saying he isnt sucking, but just watching the first half of this vid, is sad. Fire Nagy and address the oline, no QB has success with this shit

No we aren't too hard on him. Collect all his boneheaded throws when Oline does well and you see huge chunks of gametime where he had opportunity to lead the Bears back in it. His lack of reading and lack of accuracy are poster "not ready for NFL" type shit.

That being said, people nailing Nagy for his shit are not too hard on him either. He is not even trying to gameplan around Mitch's limitations at huge chunks of gametime leading to guaranteed 3-and-outs almost as if he is trying to prove something to his higher-ups, damn the W-L record in doing so!

I am not even sure what percentage is whose fault and who comes out the better, but I know one thing: I don't fucking care. They both suck and they both are killing chances at success each one taking turns in each game.

No matter what percent of blame for each of them you fall on, that overall fact has to be objectively true for all of us.

This isn't an either/or binary conversation in my mind at all.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I bet if you just replaced Mitch with say R Wilson the Bears would be a top 15 offense.

I think everyone would agree with that but Russ is a whole different type of great QB that you don't find many of in the NFL. The guy is on his way to having his named considered for the MVP this season and just makes things happen. I do get your point though and of course having a great QB makes everyone else on offense better. There's so many examples over the years of QB's not having great WR's but they still can have great games with WR's that would be 4th, 5th and 6th WR's on teams like our Bears. Damn it i wish we had a great QB.

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
also - you have a backup right guard in there and if you are expecting to sit back in a spread and pass the ball and get good play out of massie you are a Special person. That is not his game. Should have known that before resigning him. Yes leno has been bad and daniels up and down. But how much of the problem is dumbass mitch not being able to get into the right play?

SD Bears

Liked Posts:

We know 3 things to be true:
1. Mitch is not a starting NFL QB. Bad o-line or not, the man can not read the field pre-snap or post-snap.

2. The o-line is trash, mainly because the left tackle is abysmal and Nagy's scheme is confusing the fuck out of them. Addressing the LT position will go a long way in solving the pass protection issue.

3. Nagy is not who we thought he was. Maybe the worst in-game coach we've had since Wannstedt. He needs to relinquish play-calling duties this season or he's staring at a 4 or 5 win disaster of a season. Mitch's skill set, Nagy's scheme, and the o-line's inability to work within that scheme are a match made in hell. That failure falls mainly on the coach for refusing to make adjustments when the the QB and o-line can't make it work.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I think everyone would agree with that but Russ is a whole different type of great QB that you don't find many of in the NFL. The guy is on his way to having his named considered for the MVP this season and just makes things happen. I do get your point though and of course having a great QB makes everyone else on offense better. There's so many examples over the years of QB's not having great WR's but they still can have great games with WR's that would be 4th, 5th and 6th WR's on teams like our Bears. Damn it i wish we had a great QB.
Yeah it’s almost like your boy Pace had the chance to draft 2 of them.