Maybe we are too hard on Mitch

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We are acceptably hard on Mitch, he is bad.

The OL has also been bad. There needs to be major changes to that group in the offseason. Unfortunately, many of them are on uncut-table contracts.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I mean, we're seeing a total collapse, and people are trying to reach for one scapegoat in hopes that as soon as 1 element is eliminated, suddenly this team is in playoff form again.

That's just not the case. it's a mess all around.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not saying he isnt sucking, but just watching the first half of this vid, is sad. Fire Nagy and address the oline, no QB has success with this shit

maxresdefault.jpg

LetsGo34

Liked Posts:
Trubisky on CCS is like Trump on reddit. Everything is his fault, nothing will get better until he is gone, and any qb would be better.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
early in the year, it was RPO with mitch choosing p most of the time. Forced to run, they gain 168 yards. They scrap that until they run the I formation and come up with a 53 yard pass play after Mitch rolls out to create time.

It is pretty clear what works, its fear of Mitches shoulder by running again or fear of playing the 9th biggest cap hit on this roster in Daniels. So activate Bray and let him come in.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
You see this with most QB's that play behind a BAD Oline. When they drop back their first read is what defensive guy is going to clock him, then they look downfield to make the play.

I'm not making excuses for MT, but if you listen to most experts, that includes guys who have played the game, they all say the line is the biggest problem, the next problem is Naggy and his reluctance to play to the strengths of his QB.

There seems to be so much confusion on offense on plays that you have to wonder, is Naggy some type of mad scientist in his play designs that it does not fit traditional ways guys have either played forever, or that other coaches have coached forever, so no one can get on the same page at any one time. Seems like when they play straight up football, like they did in the second half of Eagles game, the entire offense appeared to be in sync and looking somewhat normal. I'm not saying they where great, but they looked like they knew what they where doing.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
We know 3 things to be true:
1. Mitch is not a starting NFL QB. Bad o-line or not, the man can not read the field pre-snap or post-snap.

2. The o-line is trash, mainly because the left tackle is abysmal and Nagy's scheme is confusing the fuck out of them. Addressing the LT position will go a long way in solving the pass protection issue.

3. Nagy is not who we thought he was. Maybe the worst in-game coach we've had since Wannstedt. He needs to relinquish play-calling duties this season or he's staring at a 4 or 5 win disaster of a season. Mitch's skill set, Nagy's scheme, and the o-line's inability to work within that scheme are a match made in hell. That failure falls mainly on the coach for refusing to make adjustments when the the QB and o-line can't make it work.
Why does he have to tell us ten times how positive they are staying, if you have the Team ready the first half of games maybe you still have a Job in a few years.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
I'm nine minutes into that video and it doesn't support what you're saying. I guess I could watch the whole thing, but what a waste of time to confirm what we already know...that Trubisky is bad.

Of course there will be some plays were the pass protection could be better, but he's got time on a lot of these...it's the NFL, you got 3 seconds top. If you've got 4 you're o-line is doing an outstanding job.
Yo
You watched? And that is your take? Man, you understand football at the level of a first grader. You must be so much smarter then Olin Kreutz.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Should've never drafted him. Wasn't there word the Browns wanted him? That should've been enough to make Pace back off.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Not saying he isnt sucking, but just watching the first half of this vid, is sad. Fire Nagy and address the oline, no QB has success with this shit

26 fucking minutes???

I barely have the attention span to read "Mitch sucks". No damn way I'm going to watch some 40+ old go over slow motion of non all-22 film from his mother's basement...

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I mean, we're seeing a total collapse, and people are trying to reach for one scapegoat in hopes that as soon as 1 element is eliminated, suddenly this team is in playoff form again.

That's just not the case. it's a mess all around.
Team could be fixed in one offseason really. Defense is still good, so you get a good QB, a good oline guy or 2, and 1 good TE.

That's what this team needs to be in playoff form again. Not that much, but they're a bit hamstrung without a 1st round pick.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm nine minutes into that video and it doesn't support what you're saying. I guess I could watch the whole thing, but what a waste of time to confirm what we already know...that Trubisky is bad.

Of course there will be some plays were the pass protection could be better, but he's got time on a lot of these...it's the NFL, you got 3 seconds top. If you've got 4 you're o-line is doing an outstanding job.
Yep. Mitch does himself no favors when there are so many plays where he’s got time and misses throws by a mile. That third down miss to start the game is routine and he wasn’t even close. Even the passes he completes are off target most of the time. It would be one thing if Mitch played average. Then we could talk about what’s limiting him. But if you play like the worst QB in the league, then you’re probably the worst QB in the league. We’re seeing historically bad offense. Any qb worth a damn would overcome at least some of that. A QB who needs everything around him to be good for him to be good, isn’t a QB. Poor accuracy. Poor foot work. Can’t process the field. Fragile confidence. Mitch is a terrible QB and anyone at this point trying to put that on the OL or the coach just look stupid.

But I don’t blame Mitch. I blame Pace. He shouldn’t be the Bears QB. Mitch doesn’t have to work for the rest of his life because of one good year of college QBing and Pace was dumb enough to fall for it. Too hard on Mitch? Mitch please.
Should've never drafted him. Wasn't there word the Browns wanted him? That should've been enough to make Pace back off.
if they truly liked him they would have taken him. They’ve needed a qb as long as the Bears have. If they were convinced Mitch was good, you don’t risk losing him.