Maybe we are too hard on Mitch

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Trubs can't hit open receivers, which even average QBs can do. He has regressed this season to a point that he is unplayable. Even when he has a clean pocket, and open receivers, he can't make the play.
You’re being too hard on the starting QB who’s ranked worse than a handful of backups.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
You’re being too hard on the starting QB who’s ranked worse than a handful of backups.
tenor.gif

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Turn off TV's?? Man the fuck up and read a defense more than 2 times a game. And if Nagy calls play action on 3rd and 9 to end the game, "TELL HIM TO GO FUCK HIMSELF", read the defense and throw the ball.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
As bad as the Bears have played the last few games, the performance of this message board is considerably more embarrassing.
Fuck. Did Cowherd drop us out of his message board herd hierarchy?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I mean, we're seeing a total collapse, and people are trying to reach for one scapegoat in hopes that as soon as 1 element is eliminated, suddenly this team is in playoff form again.

That's just not the case. it's a mess all around.

I don't think anyone thinks that. It's more a case of simply realizing that QB is by far the most important single position, and is the position you can make the biggest difference at by getting better at it. You can upgrade positions on the OL and get a better tight end, but you're always going to be severely limited with a QB as poor as Trubisky.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
You see this with most QB's that play behind a BAD Oline. When they drop back their first read is what defensive guy is going to clock him, then they look downfield to make the play.

I'm not making excuses for MT, but if you listen to most experts, that includes guys who have played the game, they all say the line is the biggest problem, the next problem is Naggy and his reluctance to play to the strengths of his QB.

There seems to be so much confusion on offense on plays that you have to wonder, is Naggy some type of mad scientist in his play designs that it does not fit traditional ways guys have either played forever, or that other coaches have coached forever, so no one can get on the same page at any one time. Seems like when they play straight up football, like they did in the second half of Eagles game, the entire offense appeared to be in sync and looking somewhat normal. I'm not saying they where great, but they looked like they knew what they where doing.
Most experts also say Mitch is a 1 read QB who can’t digest the pro game, plays scared, and has 0 cognitive ability in reading a defense.

but Nagy, the O-Line, the RBs, and TEs are also issues. Let’s throw ownership and the FO in there too. Plenty of blame to go around, but don’t let Mitch off the hook with “Expert Opinions”. That’s really a false narrative.

jive

Liked Posts:
When you're the #2 pick, and you're getting outperformed by UDFAs and 6th rounders in terms of wins, TDs, and yards, you deserve all the criticism you get. When guys destined for the practice squad/3rd string are outperforming you and your franchise saving expectations, the criticism is well deserved.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't think anyone thinks that. It's more a case of simply realizing that QB is by far the most important single position, and is the position you can make the biggest difference at by getting better at it. You can upgrade positions on the OL and get a better tight end, but you're always going to be severely limited with a QB as poor as Trubisky.

I mean, maybe over time more people have sort of drifted away from "we're a QB away from the Super Bowl" to "this team is a complete train wreck".

The only issue I have, is that the kind of QB we'd need to compensate for our TEs, OL, Nagy and all his flaws, is not likely going to be available to us. Who knows. Time will tell, I guess.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Most experts also say Mitch is a 1 read QB who can’t digest the pro game, plays scared, and has 0 cognitive ability in reading a defense.

but Nagy, the O-Line, the RBs, and TEs are also issues. Let’s throw ownership and the FO in there too. Plenty of blame to go around, but don’t let Mitch off the hook with “Expert Opinions”. That’s really a false narrative.

No, by all means letting MT off the hook would be a mistake as he has plenty of issues.

As far as ownership, that is how this team gets into this mess every iteration of GM and HC. They are at the top of the list when you want to look at the big picture of why this team is always in the inevitable mess.

LeSueur

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Toronto Raptors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Ottawa Senators
  1. Syracuse Orange
Replying to this without reading beforehand cause I’m so sure of it and quite ticked off. If you wanna point out one strength in Mitch’s game, it’s his ability to work out of the pocket and stretch plays. Yet every week Nagy tries to mold him into something he’s not. Nagy might not like it but gods sake work with what you got to at least give this team a shot. Mitch’s confidence is a reflection of Nagy’s arrogance and needs to trust his players/let them breathe

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yo
You watched? And that is your take? Man, you understand football at the level of a first grader. You must be so much smarter then Olin Kreutz.

You will find that there isn't as much football knowledge on CCS as people seem to think they have. We have many on here that act like they could actually do the job of a GM better than actual GM's but the problem is they make their judgments on players in hindsight. There's many on here that were good with the Leno re-signing and B.Massie re-signing that are now bashing Pace for re-signing them cause of how bad they're playing, same goes with other signings and trades and draft picks. Many people go off of what stats say to judge a player but don't understand that there's more to how a player is playing then just the stats they put up.