MACK?

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody is blaming Mack for the offense! The question was Mack worth the cap hit and a two 1st rd picks when the team wasn’t set up to win a SB?

YES

What did Pace already do with previous 1st round picks?

You can disagree whether the degree Mack positively affects the defense or not, but clearly he makes them better and it was less than Houston gave up for a left tackle and Watson still getting hit a lot.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
YES

What did Pace already do with previous 1st round picks?

You can disagree whether the degree Mack positively affects the defense or not, but clearly he makes them better and it was less than Houston gave up for a left tackle and Watson still getting hit a lot.

So since Pace is bad at drafting he was worth the cost?

So since the Texans still have trouble protecting the QB it was worth the Bears cost for Mack?

Is this real?

TailGator

Trump is the best President Ever
Liked Posts:
Honestly, with the state of the Dline, was Mack really worth two 1st round picks and a 3rd? Not saying Mack isn’t good but this team wasn’t built to win now. Floyd wasn’t the guy to be opposite of Mack. The guy gets doubled team and nobody can take advantage. What’s the point of having him when everybody else is poor.

Trading 2 high valued picks for a player that doesn’t touch the ball every play like a QB.

The Dline is 1 player away (Hicks) to being average or a little below average.

The offense was the problem before and has drastically declined.

I think the NFL has learned that only an elite QB is worth that cost. (Bears fucked this up, twice)

Again have you Seen Pace's 1st round picks?

Kevin White
Leonard Floyd
Mitchell Trubisky
Roquan Smith

Trade them all away if they not going to get a new GM

Who cares. Pace couldnt pick a whore in a brothel

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not true. The Jets tried trading for him. The Raiders picked the Bears because they thought the Bears would be worse.

It’s this article and this phrase in particular, “Green Bay's team president Mark Murphy told 105.7 The FAN's Gary Ellerson during the PackersHall of Fame Golf Outing that the Raiders decision came down to predicting which NFC North team would have a worse record in 2018. “ that made me think it was the Packers.

Is Mark lying or embellishing?

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

So since the Texans still have trouble protecting the QB it was worth the Bears cost for Mack?

Is this real?
YES

You like trying to translate my point to fit a narrative that I'm not making.

I like both cases. The Texans were trying to win now and their QB was getting crushed. So they did something. It may not be for the best, but he's not getting hit as much. He still is but the point is it is BETTER.

You think the bears defense is better without Mack?

And furthermore, if the offense scores more the debate is over.

In fact if that pinhead kicker makes the extra point there would have been less pressure on both sides of the ball today.

Finally. You get a chance to get a Khalil Mack, you take it.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Again have you Seen Pace's 1st round picks?

Kevin White
Leonard Floyd
Mitchell Trubisky
Roquan Smith

Trade them all away if they not going to get a new GM

Who cares. Pace couldnt pick a whore in a brothel

Terrible argument.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
YES

You like trying to translate my point to fit a narrative that I'm not making.

I like both cases. The Texans were trying to win now and their QB was getting crushed. So they did something. It may not be for the best, but he's not getting hit as much. He still is but the point is it is BETTER.

You think the bears defense is better without Mack?

And furthermore, if the offense scores more the debate is over.

In fact if that pinhead kicker makes the extra point there would have been less pressure on both sides of the ball today.

Finally. You get a chance to get a Khalil Mack, you take it.

What are you saying?

Did I ever say the Bears defense is better w/o Mack?

My point is this team is so bad that Mack can’t change it. They need the draft picks and cap space to build a platoon.

Floyd isn’t taking advantage of having Mack. The Dline isn’t getting sacks with Mack double teamed. The team wasn’t built to have Mack make them SB contenders

The Bears were a top 10 defense before Mack got here but the offense was shit, still is, and they are still not SB contenders two years later.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:

Is this real?
So then since Trubisky turned out to be shit and Nagy isn’t a genius the Mack trade isn’t worth it? See how that works both ways?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
So then since Trubisky turned out to be shit and Nagy isn’t a genius the Mack trade isn’t worth it? See how that works both ways?

Not even close. Actually it’s completely opposite.

So at the time the Bears had a top 10 defense while having a bottom 5 offense with a QB that was still questionable and a rookie HC with bad WRs needing FA to improve.

The point, again, was he worth the cap hit and value when he doesn’t have a platoon around him.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are you saying?

Did I ever say the Bears defense is better w/o Mack?

My point is this team is so bad that Mack can’t change it. They need the draft picks and cap space to build a platoon.

Floyd isn’t taking advantage of having Mack. The Dline isn’t getting sacks with Mack double teamed. The team wasn’t built to have Mack make them SB contenders

The Bears were a top 10 defense before Mack got here but the offense was shit, still is, and they are still not SB contenders two years later.
I'm saying you are focusing too much on what Mack costs.

But I do see that you think the team stinks so bad Mack doesn't matter. I dont think it's that simple.

Again more offense from the people we have, the less there is to discuss.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I'm saying you are focusing too much on what Mack costs.

But I do see that you think the team stinks so bad Mack doesn't matter. I dont think it's that simple.

Again more offense from the people we have, the less there is to discuss.

Kinda like that, Macks talent can’t fix the problem but cost the Bears paid should have fixed it. Now they are left with a great player but limited cap and no 1st picks and a stinky team.

It’s not Macks fault, the team around him wasn’t ready to win now.

Macks true value would have been great for a team that was ready to be real contender for years.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Not even close. Actually it’s completely opposite.

So at the time the Bears had a top 10 defense while having a bottom 5 offense with a QB that was still questionable and a rookie HC with bad WRs needing FA to improve.

The point, again, was he worth the cap hit and value when he doesn’t have a platoon around him.
Ok, I’m out. You don’t want a discussion on this or others opinions, you want someone to parrot back to you what you say. Congrats your right. Feel better?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wow!

Sometimes text gets lost in translation but you are complete missing it.

Mack’s cost may not be worth it to a team that’s not in position to be a SB champion. That is what I’m saying. Mack cost a lot and is gold but the cost hurts the opportunity to improve the rest.

Mack came to a team that wasn’t ready to win and can’t improve because of the cost.

SMH. We were a SB contender until Nagy and Mitch regressed.

The further problem with this is that you are gambling on a GM that has fucked up numerous 1st and 2nd round picks to magically get it right with picks.

Mack > 2 unknown first rounders chosen by Pace.

See White, Floyd, Trubs, and Smith as evidence. I would not take any of those 2 over Mack. Fuck I wouldnt take all 4.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Is this real?

The point is you cant magically assume the 2 first rounders solve the problem. Draft picks are a crap shoot. So what is the chances you get 2 players combined better than Mack?

The reason why some of us are fine with Mack is because he is more of a sure thing than unknown draft picks.

Tell you what. Go look at how many 1st rounders are All Pros over the last 5 years or so and let's discuss the chances of success with those 2 picks.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

It’s this article and this phrase in particular, “Green Bay's team president Mark Murphy told 105.7 The FAN's Gary Ellerson during the PackersHall of Fame Golf Outing that the Raiders decision came down to predicting which NFC North team would have a worse record in 2018. “ that made me think it was the Packers.

Is Mark lying or embellishing?
Without searching back to the post I quoted, I meant not true as in they weren’t the only ones trying to trade for him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Is this real?

Pace is far from bad at drafting. He's had a couple 1st round picks that haven't turned out the best but maybe some don't realize this, which wouldn't really shock me too much, but the draft is 7 rounds not 1.

Kwiatkowski says hi and went in the 4th round for anyone that hasn't been paying attention.