NFL arranges private workout for Colin Kaepernick

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cause then you damage the psyche of your trash starting QB even more.

Like I said, the season is shot. Colin changes nothing. Signing him only puts more pressure on mitch and guarantees he busts out.

No fucking way does a GM give up on a #2 pick only 2.5 years in.
Signing him only does that if you sign him for starter money. If you sign him for backup money on a short contract and let him compete for a chance next season, how would that show giving up on Trubisky? Kaepernick is most definitely better than Chase Daniel. Worst case Trubs beats him out and the Bears have a legit backup QB.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace is too chicken shit to sign him.

Ryan Pace just may be desperate enough to consider it, at the very least.

I don't normally play the Owner Card, but even if Pace wanted to...I think the McCaskey family would step in to heavily dissuade him. Signing Kap to play full time in a stadium called 'Solider Field' seems like the kind of PR nightmare that family avoids like the plague.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Signing him only does that if you sign him for starter money. If you sign him for backup money on a short contract and let him compete for a chance next season, how would that show giving up on Trubisky? Kaepernick is most definitely better than Chase Daniel. Worst case Trubs beats him out and the Bears have a legit backup QB.

Next year, yea. This year, what the fuck is the point? Only thing it could do is ruin mitch's confidence. We aint making the playoffs. We wasted a #2 pick on him, might as well march the scrub out there and hope.

Like it or not, the best chance this team has of grabbing a superbowl is somehow mitch gathering himself together these last 7 games and building upon it next year. Chances of it are like slim to none, but if you sign kap this year you pretty much state the organization has given up on the guy, which yea, would kill his confidence completely, if he has any left.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Like I said, the season is shot. Colin changes nothing. Signing him only puts more pressure on mitch and guarantees he busts out.

Again, it's about next year.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Next year, yea. This year, what the fuck is the point? Only thing it could do is ruin mitch's confidence. We aint making the playoffs. We wasted a #2 pick on him, might as well march the scrub out there and hope.

Like it or not, the best chance this team has of grabbing a superbowl is somehow mitch gathering himself together these last 7 games and building upon it next year. Chances of it are like slim to none, but if you sign kap this year you pretty much state the organization has given up on the guy, which yea, would kill his confidence completely, if he has any left.
You sign him now so he gets 7 more weeks of practice in this offense. Also you get a jump JIC some other team wants him too. Signing him now doesn’t hurt Trubisky at all. I don’t think he is that fragile as some others think.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Again, it's about next year.

And again, this year is shot.

Your best chance of ever doing anything with this current roster is your scrub #2 pick to pull it together.

Signing a potential replacement midway through his 3rd year doesn't exactly help that fact.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You sign him now so he gets 7 more weeks of practice in this offense. Also you get a jump JIC some other team wants him too. Signing him now doesn’t hurt Trubisky at all. I don’t think he is that fragile as some others think.

The guy who turns tv's off and turns off social media during the season isn't fragile mentally? lol yea okay.

Guy is a mental midget as much as grossman was.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And again, this year is shot.

Your best chance of ever doing anything with this current roster is your scrub #2 pick to pull it together.

Signing a potential replacement midway through his 3rd year doesn't exactly help that fact.
This feels like the scene in 40 Year Old Virgin where they're speed dating and Andy keeps asking that one woman if she's fine and she asks "Are you fucking Special person? What is the matter with you?"

robovike

Liked Posts:
To be honest, it's more that every non-American NFL fan appreciates that his protest was against high levels of (illegal) violence against people of colour by some police officers. And that he chose to kneel (actually a non offensive act) during the playing of the anthem to raise awareness of something that is fairly well documented and that should have been addressed by the authorities.

Most non-American NFL fans (I would imagine) would respect national anthems and most feel Kaep didn't disrespect the playing of the anthem by kneeling - he simply raised awareness.
how do spell color??

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ryan Jamarcus Trubiski is far too valuable!

Not saying he's valuable.

I'm saying we are 4-5, and we wasted a 2nd pick on him just a couple years back.

You give him the best chance to thrive. The next 7 games are his and should be his. Doubtful he will, but bringing in competition for someone who is already mentally weak doesn't exactly help.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

Unless there was clearly a better and accessible option, Mitch hasn't done poorly enough consistently to be benched.

I doubt Pace is interested in signing Kap, but I think he'd sign competitive options if they become avl.

I agree. I think Bears can sign him for backup money. But the way the fans having been booing, assuming Mitch plays poorly again, they'll be chanting for Kap play. Or would they?

Last edited:

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Thank gosh the NFL is doing this. Maybe the Bears can finally have a good QB on their roster

Cc: Ryan Pace

So negative passing yards in a game is good against a bad Bears defense?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Unless there was clearly a better and accessible option, Mitch hasn't done poorly enough consistently to be benched.

I doubt Pace is interested in signing Kap, but I think he'd competitive options if they become avl.

I agree. I think Bears can sign him for backup money. But the way the fans having been booing, assuming Mitch plays poorly again, they'll be chanting for Kap play. Or would they?

It will be a shit show the moment kap gets signed. Thats why it won't happen midseason. Chicago loves the backup QB, until he comes in and plays worse than the starter.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

The guy who turns tv's off and turns off social media during the season isn't fragile mentally? lol yea okay.

Guy is a mental midget as much as grossman was.

Didn’t you place a bet saying that trash QB would win MVP?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Didn’t you place a bet saying that trash QB would win MVP?

yea I did fuckboy. And I admit he's trash now.

Sorry for having hope after how he played last year. The majority of the fanbase did.