Why Bears won't draft a QB in 2020

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There has been a shortage in good QB's in the NFL as of late and the teams that desperately need QB's is probably bigger than any period in NFL history. Bears stand a very low chance at getting a Qb in the next two years unless we draft top 3 in 2021.

Dolphins, Bengals, Buccaneers, Redskins, Jets, Broncos, Chargers, Steelers, Titans, and possibly Jaguars, Colts, and Patriots.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wouldn't be surprised to see 4 QB's get drafted in the first round of 2020.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There has been a shortage in good QB's in the NFL as of late and the teams that desperately need QB's is probably bigger than any period in NFL history. Bears stand a very low chance at getting a Qb in the next two years unless we draft top 3 in 2021.

Dolphins, Bengals, Buccaneers, Redskins, Jets, Broncos, Chargers, Steelers, Titans, and possibly Jaguars, Colts, and Patriots.
Redskins, Jets and Broncos all have young high draft picks with multiple years left on their rookie deals.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
They won't because Pace has so much on the line with Mitch.

My guess is we go

2. OT
2. TE

Double down on having more around him and him not looking like a bust.

No way. Trubisky will either be competing with a high draft pick/fa or he will be cut. Barring a 180 on his play the rest of the season, his days or being handed anything are done. He's one of the worst rostered quarterbacks in the NFL.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
No way. Trubisky will either be competing with a high draft pick/fa or he will be cut. Barring a 180 on his play the rest of the season, his days or being handed anything are done. He's one of the worst rostered quarterbacks in the NFL.
Totally disagree. He is in the most fkd position of all qbs. No oline bad coach no te no run game wrs leading the league in drops. Trubs is not a bad qb at all. He is middle of the pack. Tom Brady would fail here. But blame Trubs if it makes you feel better.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Totally disagree. He is in the most fkd position of all qbs. No oline bad coach no te no run game wrs leading the league in drops. Trubs is not a bad qb at all. He is middle of the pack. Tom Brady would fail here. But blame Trubs if it makes you feel better.
hahahahaha

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Totally disagree. He is in the most fkd position of all qbs. No oline bad coach no te no run game wrs leading the league in drops. Trubs is not a bad qb at all. He is middle of the pack. Tom Brady would fail here.

Holy fuck It's Cutler all over again (minus the talent) ?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Trubs and Cutler are nothing alike. One has nothing to do with the other. Both got fkd by coming to Chicago but in very different ways.

Reactions: Myk

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Redskins, Jets and Broncos all have young high draft picks with multiple years left on their rookie deals.

If you pick top five and your QB is looking bad you look it would be stupid to skip on Aaron Rodgers because you have Andy Dalton.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears

It would be awesome if the Bears just flat cut Trubisky. Sadly we have a better chance of making the playoffs.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

He's Ryan Tannehill with worse deep accuracy.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It would be awesome if the Bears just flat cut Trubisky. Sadly we have a better chance of making the playoffs.

He's a future NFL back up hopefully we can get him on the roster.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
They won't because Pace has so much on the line with Mitch.

My guess is we go

2. OT
2. TE

Double down on having more around him and him not looking like a bust.
I think that depends on how well Mitch does the rest of the year. And how much Pace likes the QB options in 2020 draft. Expectations on Bears success now is high. There's pressure on Pace. Drafting a new QB also means the focus switches from Pace's failed Mitch pick, to looking at the new QB pick. You don't have to pay a draft QB big bucks. Gives the Bears options at QB. See if Trub takes a big step out the gate in 2020, or play the new QB. Pace gets to see who their QB is going to be by the end of Mitch's contract. That's where you want to be.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you look at Trubisky's total body of work over 3 seasons, he is a bad QB. He's horrible actually. You can make all the excuses you want for 2019, but at the end of the day, he's still bad. You want to blame everyone and anyone besides the actual person who has the keys to the offense.

Look at last season, would you agreed that his OL, TEs, Run game were sufficient? The answer is yes. If you look at the 2018 gamelog, he had about 6 good weeks of football from week 4-9. Outside of that, horrible.

Edit: I'll give you 7 good weeks and include week 14. Even though his 230 yard, 2 TD/0INT stat line is painfully average for the NFL it was good enough to beat GB and he was 20/28.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
If you look at Trubisky's total body of work over 3 seasons, he is a bad QB. He's horrible actually. You can make all the excuses you want for 2019, but at the end of the day, he's still bad. You want to blame everyone and anyone besides the actual person who has the keys to the offense.

Look at last season, would you agreed that his OL, TEs, Run game were sufficient? The answer is yes. If you look at the 2018 gamelog, he had about 6 good weeks of football from week 4-9. Outside of that, horrible.
It doesn't look like Mitch is good enough to succeed, and seems destined to be replaced very soon. Still, regarding this year, He has some talents that can be used better than they are now. Personally, I think if Nagy simplifies the offense and lets Mitch 'game', the offense would do better. I think Trub has better instincts than brain processing power. Generally speaking, he seems to do well in the hurry-up offense. He's probably healthy enough to do some RPOs again, re-open him as a rushing threat, get him mobile, taking more shots down field.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would take a Herculean effort for Trubisky to work his way up to the middle of the pack by season's end.