Did Matt Nagy just pull the plug on the Trubisky Era?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch looked like a man who is completely done in the NFL. It was pretty depressing to watch. Can't help but feel for the guy. I never thought he was the right pick, but it's not like I dislike him. He's a likeable dude and you know he's trying hard, you know he cares and wants to be great, he just isn't.
I know right? I've never been pro Mitch but I felt sorry for him. Let him finish the last couple of minutes and then handle what you have to handle before the next game.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
I know right? I've never been pro Mitch but I felt sorry for him. Let him finish the last couple of minutes and then handle what you have to handle before the next game.

Nah, he needs to toughen up. I have never seen a grown man treated so softly before.... especially in the game of football. Its like everything they do is to not hurt poor little Mitchies feelings. Poor poor poor Mitchie.... just as soft as Charmin. The guy is 25 fricken years old! The time is long overdue to toughen him up.

That said, its time to move on from Mitch. The guy just does not have it. I say take a flyer on Tua if doctors say his hip will make a full recovery. Even with a full recovery he will likely drop in the draft.... could drop all the way to the Bears.

Last edited:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure his only interception is because the guy Pace traded up for couldn't catch a pass that hit him in both his hands.

Please explain to me what a WR is supposed to do besides....catch a pass?
That was a bad pass. Nobody was gonna catch it. Were you expecting a 1 handed Bekham type catch as he extended his arm out to the side as far as he could? There were a lot of bad passes in that game as a matter of fact. And you always see him make these head scratcher type passes. A lot of times looks like he's trying to throw a back shoulder pass to his receivers who are out in front of the defender. Makes no sense. He even hit 1 defender in the back in this game as he was trailing a Bears receiver. You turn a blind eye to it but everybody else sees it all too often so stop getting pissed at them just cause you look at it all with those blinders on.

s0Lstar18

Liked Posts:
The ship is sinking lol. Im not sure what I even witnessed. Was that a pure benching, no injury? Brutal. Nagy is blaming Mitch basically before he gets fired, but I'd actually like to see what MItch could do with a different head coach, coordinator and a decent RB.
:speechless::homerbush:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We definitely have to get competition at the Qb position. We gotta bring in someone, at some point

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
As long as Mitch doesn't go on the morning talk show after the season I don't see Nagy ditching Mitch. Just a personal feeling.
Nagy is getting fired if he sticks with him and Nagy ditched him tonight. It is over.

mecha

Liked Posts:
don't understand the strategic purpose of emasculating the dude with 2 minutes left in the game when it was already unwinnable. obviously Daniel didn't miraculously score in that time. I think the hip injury is bullshit.

way to go CCS, this is what you've been wishing for the last 2 months. LOL

MontanaXXIII

Liked Posts:
That was a bad pass. Nobody was gonna catch it. Were you expecting a 1 handed Bekham type catch as he extended his arm out to the side as far as he could? There were a lot of bad passes in that game as a matter of fact. And you always see him make these head scratcher type passes. A lot of times looks like he's trying to throw a back shoulder pass to his receivers who are out in front of the defender. Makes no sense. He even hit 1 defender in the back in this game as he was trailing a Bears receiver. You turn a blind eye to it but everybody else sees it all too often so stop getting pissed at them just cause you look at it all with those blinders on.

Uh, that was a perfectly catchable ball that Miller chose to stick one hand up at and tip when he could have easily caught it with two. He didn't even bother extending his left hand to catch the ball. If you can get one hand on a ball, you can get two. That's just basic human anatomy. Miller's a joke. He didn't extend his left hand, he didn't leap...he waved at it, watched it get picked off, and then laughed. He should be cut.

Allen Robinson makes those types of catches all the time (or at least tries to). Even if you don't make the catch, you at least try.

s0Lstar18

Liked Posts:
lol. What you guys are taking away from this game is that mitch is a bum?

This was mitch's best game of the year. It proved that the oline, Recievers, and play calling is full of fucking bums.

Mitch is not good, but EVERYONE is garbage. Much more garbage than this guy.
:notfunny:

MontanaXXIII

Liked Posts:
The team has basically no shot of making the playoffs, and we know Daniel isn't the long term answer. Hell, we already know he's not even an upgrade (although some Special person fans think otherwise).

What does this accomplish?

Why not let Mitch finish the season and see how he does?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Uh, that was a perfectly catchable ball that Miller chose to stick one hand up at and tip when he could have easily caught it with two. He didn't even bother extending his left hand to catch the ball. If you can get one hand on a ball, you can get two. That's just basic human anatomy. Miller's a joke.

Allen Robinson makes those types of catches all the time (or at least tries to). Even if you don't make the catch, you at least try.
How long do you think Miller's arms are?

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
In all seriousness......the report they didn't even bring in Watson for an eval....is reckless on Pace's part just in the interest of further his own career and interests.

When you take a big swing and miss at QB....people lose jobs. Players don't want to sign with your team....etc etc.

Your GM should lose his job....and a new GM usually wants a new coach, new QB...and if he doesn't make those changes right away, then the coach has a very short leash.

I'm not close to the pulse of the Bears and I'm talking out of my ass here...but I would suspect Pace is going to be toast. New GM comes in...and does NOT fire Nagy right away. no first round pick, so no drafted prospect this year to speak of...you'll be rolling with Trubs and/or Cam and/or Bridgewater. New GM can then take the year to eval his QB situation going into 2020 and either one of the guys they bring emerges as "the man" or the new GM can scapegoat Nagy, they can look at the draft and new coach and go from there.

None of that is very appealing..but it seams like where you are headed.....

....man 66% chance to hit on one of the big prizes in 2018, and you opted for the toaster behind door no.1 ....damn.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Nagy is getting fired if he sticks with him and Nagy ditched him tonight. It is over.
I think the reason Nagy pulled Mitch with very little time was to show everyone that Mitch was hurt.
It was Nagy's way of protecting Mitch.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uh, that was a perfectly catchable ball that Miller chose to stick one hand up at and tip when he could have easily caught it with two. He didn't even bother extending his left hand to catch the ball. If you can get one hand on a ball, you can get two. That's just basic human anatomy. Miller's a joke. He didn't extend his left hand, he didn't leap...he waved at it, watched it get picked off, and then laughed. He should be cut.

Way off the mark, brother. Saw the exact same type int on a Garoppolo pass today and I'd call it a bad pass even though I think he's a good QB. And guarantee every last one of you ccs swinging dicks would have called Jimmy Int his fault even while you see no fault with Trubisky's.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
To humiliate him publicly, toughen the little bitch up a bit.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regardless of what is said about Trubisky and his play in this game, Nagy showed that he can not be a head coach. He coaches scared and it shows through out the entire game. Right when they punted on 4th and maybe one with 7 minutes left in what was considered a must win game told me all I need to know about Nagy. He needs to go.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
This was desperation from Nagy and that's all. The man is a fucking idiot. First, he skips the FG because his kicker missed the first one. Thus causing unneeded pressure.

Then he calls a shitty game, and puts all the blame on his QB on national TV with almost no time left.

I mean, what's it say about his day that his decision to decline a 5 yard penalty on 4th and 5 in favor of an okay but nothing special punt isn't even one of the main talking points from tonight.