OT. Around the rink talk

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I started playing at the age of 6 in Glenview on a huge field that the city froze over every winter, later played in a park district league in Joliet and in high school for Joliet Catholic, and I still play on Sunday nights in an over 40 league (I'll be 60 in October) in Bellingham, WA.

My, son who's 8 is pretty good. He plays in Bellingham, too, which is 20 miles from the BC border, so his team is in a league with only Canadian teams (BC), which is good competition for him. I've been told that his team the Whatcom Warriors is only one of two USA teams with this arrangement. Anyway, he scored 9 goals his last game of the season and he's looking forward to the next one.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Leaving the Tampa bay @ Panthers game. The energy is different this year. Maybe it’s the Hawk fan in me who also cheers the panthers but it seems different.

Vegas Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
I played for about 15 years when I lived in Illinois. Ran a team out in the NW 'burbs and played on some travelling teams from Calgary & Toronto when they needed an extra guy for a tournament. I was a pretty good B league player and we had a decent team. Had a good time with those guys. Haven't played in a while now and miss it sometimes.

I think if you've played you really appreciate the pro game more and see it from a different perspective than someone that hasn't played. Now that I live in Southern Nevada it's amazing to see how the Golden Knights have caught on out here. Many of the fans are new to hockey, and while they might not be as knowledgeable they really support the team.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
@RickCarpiniello
1h

Per impeccable source, Pierre McGuire has been removed from NBC Sports' No. 1 hockey team, to be replaced by Brian Boucher.

?
Well...the best I can say about Boucher is that he's a better analyst than he was a goaltender for us.

But the fact that Regis is gone makes me smile.

Granada

Liked Posts:
That Calgary/Nashville game last night was epic. Can't help but be a fan of Tkachuk -- kid is bringing back old-time hockey, classic true power forward who can skate, score, and actually fight. By far the best game of the year last night. Tkachuk's GWG is one of the best you'll see all year to boot. How he got so much damn mustard on a between-the-legs shot and how accurate he was at that speed, I'll never know.

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/cgy-vs-nsh/2019/10/31/2019020194#game=2019020194,game_state=final

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That Calgary/Nashville game last night was epic. Can't help but be a fan of Tkachuk -- kid is bringing back old-time hockey, classic true power forward who can skate, score, and actually fight. By far the best game of the year last night. Tkachuk's GWG is one of the best you'll see all year to boot. How he got so much damn mustard on a between-the-legs shot and how accurate he was at that speed, I'll never know.

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/cgy-vs-nsh/2019/10/31/2019020194#game=2019020194,game_state=final

Damn, I wish I could have watched that game.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Damn, I wish I could have watched that game.

Admittedly, I tuned it at the start of the 3rd, which was the perfect time to tune in late, as Calgary was down 4-1 to start. Just insane. I thought there was no way Calgary could come back after Nashville made it 5-4 with like a minute and a half left.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keith Yandle loses 9 teeth in the first period last night. Misses the second and comes back for the third. After dental work this morning will be playing at 5 pm today keeping the current NHL iron man streak alive.