What does Mitch do at an above average level?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is above average

-Running [well above]
-He has an above average arm
-He generally avoids pressure in an above average manner

Saying above average though is comparing him to the 16th QB in the league, which he is more than capable of being.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He wrecks the Lions at an above average level. @Anytime23 @nc0gnet0

still LOL when anytime spent like 2 pages in the IGT trying to debate that the first throw to anthony miller wasn't special because he didn't hit him fully in stride for a TD.

It was 3rd and 4 on their own 16 and the dude has the balls to throw it 35 yards down the field.

I guess it's okay to shit on mitch but isn't ok to praise him.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
all his perceived negative traits will go away with a strong performance vs the Packers.

Winning Cures All

Reactions: DC

msadows

Liked Posts:
He is above average

-Running [well above]
-He has an above average arm
-He generally avoids pressure in an above average manner

Saying above average though is comparing him to the 16th QB in the league, which he is more than capable of being.

please scroll up a few posts and read his college nfl.com draft profile. I feel he is exactly the same player now as he was in college.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
There are issues that I believe may be fixable and issues that look like they will be ongoing....

Long-term problems
The footwork issue is a huge concern. We are two and a half years into his NFL career - I would have thought that we would have seen some consistency on that by now as that's something you can drill without even needing an opponent?

He is not as accurate as advertised, hence the need for more guys like Wims and fewer guys like Gabriel.

Related, but his deep ball has been garbage pretty much his entire career. Even when he hits a deep ball, the WR usually has to stop, turn around, make a play on the ball and fall into the end zone. I can remember one pass of over 40 yards where the receiver didn't have to break stride and that was to Tanner Gentry in a pre-season game in Tennessee.

May be fixable
His pocket presence is inconsistent. The desire to turn him into a pocket passer and the injury have contributed but he has a way to go in climbing the pocket and keeping his eyes downfield.

His ability to run through progressions has been much criticised. I saw some improvement in the Lions and Cowboys games, particularly the TD pass to Montgomery which was his 3rd or 4th read I believe.

I also think both of these issues can be mitigated by having a functional OL that can run the ball for more than 2-3 yards a pop.

Just to add......I think Trubz has to me allowed to move around in & outta the pocket ( make plays on the move). The OL has to be allowed to fire off the ball from under center a lot more.....this will help with their aggression factor.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Huh?

Nearly all his strengths are still there. No idea what you are even talking about other than just a general mitch trashing right there.

No his main strength coming out was his accuracy and ability to hit guys in stride. It has been the opposite in the NFL as he rarely hits guys in stride. He was also noted to be poised, decisive and able to process the whole field which again are things he has struggled with at times in the NFL.

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Also last year yeah Mitch was pretty good and used his legs to nail out his OL but he didn’t do it enough this season. Idk if Nagy told him not to run which a lot of idiots on here seem to think is the case or he was scarred because of his shoulder but he didn’t use his legs nearly enough. Sure he’s got above average athletic ABILITY but it doesn’t do shit for anybody if he doesn’t use them.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also last year yeah Mitch was pretty good and used his legs to nail out his OL but he didn’t do it enough this season. Idk if Nagy told him not to run which a lot of idiots on here seem to think is the case or he was scarred because of his shoulder but he didn’t use his legs nearly enough. Sure he’s got above average athletic ABILITY but it doesn’t do shit for anybody if he doesn’t use them.

He dislocated his shoulder in week 4 and will probably get surgery in the offseason.

Not running may have had something to do with not getting hit. He is healthier now and is running more.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No his main strength coming out was his accuracy and ability to hit guys in stride. It has been the opposite in the NFL as he rarely hits guys in stride. He was also noted to be poised, decisive and able to process the whole field which again are things he has struggled with at times in the NFL.

The accuracy thing is weird, because you see it in spurts, but his mechanics have gone so too shit that it is sporadic.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He dislocated his shoulder in week 4 and will probably get surgery in the offseason.

Not running may have had something to do with not getting hit. He is healthier now and is running more.
So like I said, he wasn’t running enough. This offense functions best when he runs around and creates stuff with his legs. Him being hurt is a valid reason to not be running enough, but he still didn’t run enough to help this offense.

msadows

Liked Posts:

His short ball accuracy is still there, mostly. The issue is the deep ball/intermediate never improved. Which was a weakness, and thats the biggest ?? he still has. Not reading defenses, imo, because if he was incapable of reading them then he'd be throwing MUCH more interceptions.

His biggest strength that became a weakness from college is eyeing the safety and knowing where he wants to go with the ball before the snap. I feel like too many teams exploit that on mitch this year. EVERY QB does it, brady is excellent at it(eliminating half the field based on the coverage look you get, get the ball out fast). Mitch has just been either reading/guessing wrong, or just making a poor throw. I watched a lot of him in college and that never was really an issue. Guess the NFL figured him out.

Thats why I never had an issue when people say he stares down his #1 option(Arob). Every QB does that shit, if you think you have an excellent matchup at the snap you're going to give your guy every opportunity for it. Mitch just takes it to a new level at times, which is unfortunate. The last couple of games he's been much better at it. Hopefully it continues.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So like I said, he wasn’t running enough. This offense functions best when he runs around and creates stuff with his legs. Him being hurt is a valid reason to not be running enough, but he still didn’t run enough to help this offense.

Dude, he's had 2 major shoulder injuries and a hip injury in the last 20 games.

I'd say that would make ANYONE doubt running the ball.

Plus you have to realize a lot of teams have been gameplanning against mitch running the ball. They aren't stupid. Obviously he's been passive to take hits but we are talking about an extra couple yards. A lot of the big plays last year were because he had open running lanes up the middle, and our TE's occupied the linebackers, this just hasn't happened this year.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Dude, he's had 2 major shoulder injuries and a hip injury in the last 20 games.

I'd say that would make ANYONE doubt running the ball.

Plus you have to realize a lot of teams have been gameplanning against mitch running the ball. They aren't stupid. Obviously he's been passive to take hits but we are talking about an extra couple yards. A lot of the big plays last year were because he had open running lanes up the middle, and our TE's occupied the linebackers, this just hasn't happened this year.
Pretty sure that hip injury was was a bruise lol.

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wish he and the offense could capitalize more on free plays