Long Term Solution at QB-Thread

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One reason the Mack trade made sense was that it wasn't just a win-now move it also is one of the rare times you're signing a six year contract and you have a lot of flexibility with it. Even assuming the Bears restructure the next two years, you're still in a fairly decent position to have flexibility to get away from the last year (Mack's 10th year, age 32 season). You likely will keep Fuller (age 27) and Jackson (turns 26 in December) through the life of that deal. With those three, assuming just normal talent around them and you're fine defensively.

The Bears should be spending every waking moment trying to find a long-term QB capable of winning because THEY HAVE THE LONG TERM D capable of winning right now. All this team needs is a solid QB and they're set the next five years. Obviously every resource should go to finding and securing that.
Restructuring the next two years would be tricky until after the next CBA.

30% rule.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Restructuring the next two years would be tricky until after the next CBA.

30% rule.

It would depend on the restructure and how you wanted to spread it out but you could do at about $6M in restructuring. Considering what the sentence I said was being used as evidence for, it would make my point even more if the contract could not be heavily restructured.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish people would stop talking like Kap would be a legit option for any team. That dude kneeled and lawsuited his way out of ever playing in the league again. Nobody is going to bring that steaming pile of media attention to their team. He's never coming back. (Thank god. F'him)

DanTown

Liked Posts:
I wish people would stop talking like Kap would be a legit option for any team. That dude kneeled and lawsuited his way out of ever playing in the league again. Nobody is going to bring that steaming pile of media attention to their team. He's never coming back. (Thank god. F'him)

Yeah, I really do wish people would stop talking about him. Kind of like how before you brought it up, no one had mentioned his name in a post in over a week and even then it was two people. But yeah, really helpful here guy.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Joe. Burrow. No. Matter. What.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
By 2021 the window on this defense is closed, guy.

This, just like the rams with goff, is on mitch.

If you draft a QB next year(Which we won't, because there are way too many fucking holes on the oline), he won't be ready in 2020. Thats all im saying.

Like I said, thread was started WAY too early. But such is life in a shitty sports town. 3 weeks in and you start a thread about replacing a QB you just drafted 2.5 years ago, who hasn't been horrible.

You need the rest of the season to evaluate mitch. If he plays decent, he isn't getting replaced. They aren't wasting high draft capital on a replacement. This isn't the cutler effect, this is the effect that a decent QB can win you a playoff game or two and get you into the superbowl. Mitch nearly did it last year, fuckboys seem to forget.
This thread still too early?

At this point if we don't take a QB with our first pick next year that's a fireable offense.

TailGator

Trump is the best President Ever
Liked Posts:
I think Mullens from SF worth a hard look at

Oolongmonk

Liked Posts:
Kap's record his last two season 3-16

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
If you're watching this CFP game between Oklahoma & LSU you can see how Hurts inability to read a defense and deliver accurate passes is limiting Oklahoma's offense. No way he's our answer at QB. He's not a good passer, I wouldn't even call him an average passer.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If you're watching this CFP game between Oklahoma & LSU you can see how Hurts inability to read a defense and deliver accurate passes is limiting Oklahoma's offense. No way he's our answer at QB. He's not a good passer, I wouldn't even call him an average passer.

Hurts is awful.

shoopster4eva

Liked Posts:
I've seen fans mention Kap, Eli and Ryan Fitzpatrick (still not sure if srs) as stop-gaps for this season. None of those guys is the long term solution we need at QB. None are better than Mitch either.

You think Trubisky is better than Eli? Lol

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
You think Trubisky is better than Eli? Lol
At this point in his career, Eli would die behind our OL. At least Trubisky can extend plays and make throws outside of the pocket.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Pace is going to go all in for Marcus Mariota
He better still draft a QB. Throw numbers at the position.

Bring Mitch back, sign Mariota, draft a QB in the 2nd. Somebody's gotta rise to the top.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I like Eason. Not sure if he makes it to the 2nd or falls far enough for us to trade up and get him though.

Another option is Jordan Love. Has very good physical tools.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I like Eason. Not sure if he makes it to the 2nd or falls far enough for us to trade up and get him though.

Another option is Jordan Love. Has very good physical tools.

I like Eason also. Reminds me of Josh Allen a little. Raw, but has amazing arm strength.