Is anyone optimistic about next season?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It honestly all depends on who the quarterback is. Hard to get enthused if they're just going to run this whole thing back again with Mitch under center. Problem is, outside of the pipe dream of getting Tom Brady or maybe Nick Foles at a discount, I'm not sure who else is out there in free agency that I'd rather have right now. It certainly wouldn't be Marcus Mariota or Andy Dalton.

titans beat the patriots with a qb that couldn’t throw for 100 yards in the playoffs

we can make it work. It won’t be pretty. It won’t be as fun. But you can still win with trubisky

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm optimistic. Especially if they find a pass rusher opposite Mack and get Alex Smith

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Im not optimisitc at all with Trubisky at QB, in fact the moment that killed me was the press conference. Especially when George McCaskey said that we need to score more points on defense. If you draft a QB #2 overall, he's supposed to be a difference maker who elevates your team, not a guy who gets masked by his defense.

That entire press conference was disappointing, and it feels like the team is more concerned with making Trubisky look good than winning games. Trubisky is so far behind that you can't develope him AND win 10+ game simutaneously. Bears have to make a choice and they are chosing Trubisky over the best interest of the rest of the team, wasting primes. They are also disrespecting the fanbase who already know that Mitch sucks, we've watched him for 41 games. It's about to be year 4. For them to feed us this, "we need more time to evaluate him" narrative is an insult to our intelligence. When/if he still sucks after 50 games, then what?

We averaged 18.6 ppg against on defense whch was good enough for 4th in the league, and yet we barely eeked our way to .500 record. But none of the guys at the top seem to want to hold Trubisky accountable for wasting an entire season, if he cant make the playoffs with the 4th ranked defense then how will he carry the Bears in the future as we get older on defense? I wouldnt be shocked if we were under .500 next year. Could you imagine if we had no defense or our defense had been ranked 25th or lower, how bad our record would have been this season with Mitch? We seriously may have only won 5/6 games.

I dont think you understand how they are supposed to run press conferences. Whatever they will do, doesnt mean they always say it. In fact, it can be quite the opposite. You dont lay all your cards out on the table. You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm optimistic that if the Bears start Trubisky every game next season, the Bears will have a top 15 pick in the 2021 draft, so there's that.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I dont think you understand how they are supposed to run press conferences. Whatever they will do, doesnt mean they always say it. In fact, it can be quite the opposite. You dont lay all your cards out on the table. You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away.
It’s like people are making gambling decisions for the 2020 season on 1-5-2020 lol. We don’t know yet what the offseason will bring us. After that disaster of an offseason in 2017 we got a complete 360 the following year and a playoff birth. We are just talking about this way too early. Most threads should be geared towards what would you like to see from this offseason

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
It’s like people are making gambling decisions for the 2020 season on 1-5-2020 lol. We don’t know yet what the offseason will bring us. After that disaster of an offseason in 2017 we got a complete 360 the following year and a playoff birth. We are just talking about this way too early. Most threads should be geared towards what would you like to see from this offseason

Really comes down to the QB spot on the 2020 outlook. If they give the keys to Mitch with zero competition and he struggles week after week, Bears will have no competent backup cause they ignored it in the offseason to shore it up. Eventually Nagy will just lose the locker room and accelerate his path to becoming an ex coach with Pace right behind him.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you polled the message boards of the other 31 NFL teams and told them they were getting Mitch Trubisky as their starter next year and asked them if they were confident, and then took an aggregate total of the results ..... my level of confidence is about the same as that would be.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Really comes down to the QB spot on the 2020 outlook. If they give the keys to Mitch with zero competition and he struggles week after week, Bears will have no competent backup cause they ignored it in the offseason to shore it up. Eventually Nagy will just lose the locker room and accelerate his path to becoming an ex coach with Pace right behind him.

If Pace come outs and says that they will seek a QB to compete, teams will increase their asking price in a trade. He cant simply make it obvious that they are desperate to make a move.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Especially when George McCaskey said that we need to score more points on defense. If you draft a QB #2 overall, he's supposed to be a difference maker who elevates your team, not a guy who gets masked by his defense.

Wow. I didn't hear that. That's simply delusional...and a good way to slight the defensive players and make them resent Trubisky.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Why be optimistic? Trubisky has to face quarterbacks like Russel Wilson, Wentz, Brees, Garropolo in the playoffs. He's the worst QB in the league. Why the fuck would the Bears win even if they sneak in with a world best defense?

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
If Pace come outs and says that they will seek a QB to compete, teams will increase their asking price in a trade. He cant simply make it obvious that they are desperate to make a move.

Not really. There is going to be a lot of QB's looking for work. You may see a record number of former starters switching uniforms this offseason. There are also teams that are going to want to get the cap hit off the books. Pace is working at a position of strength here.

Think of it like the Blackhawks back in the day when teams were stripping them of talent for next to nothing cause they were desperate to get under the cap.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why be optimistic? Trubisky has to face quarterbacks like Russel Wilson, Wentz, Brees, Garropolo in the playoffs. He's the worst QB in the league. Why the fuck would the Bears win even if they sneak in with a world best defense?
Mitch doesn’t play defense. I believe there are worse qbs in the league than Mitch

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Mitch doesn’t play defense. I believe there are worse qbs in the league than Mitch

IF the Bears didn't have a top 5 defense this year in points allowed, Bears could easily be a 3 win team, lol

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was not as optimistic about this past season as most but amd a lot more so about next season. I was calling for the helfrich firing a long time back. Don't know about the other 2 coaches being let go but their units regressed under them so...

Neckbeard

Liked Posts:
Really depends on what they do but I’m slightly optimistic that they fully evaluate how they are running their offense and make changes there as well as improve the talent at OL and TE.

If those three things happen they are a playoff team again with a shot.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Really depends on what they do but I’m slightly optimistic that they fully evaluate how they are running their offense and make changes there as well as improve the talent at OL and TE.

If those three things happen they are a playoff team again with a shot.

It was mentioned in another thread of Pace's draftees, the only consistent standout on the O side of the ball is Whitehair. THAT'S BAD.

Mitch needs to take a huge step in 2020 and Pace basically needs to hit on almost all his moves via free agency or draft on the O side of the ball.