Lamar Jackson overrated?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This. I don't understand why teams, who clinch the 1st or 2nd seed before week 17, rest their starters in the final game. They pretty much go 3 weeks without game action, then go against a team that has been building momentum and confidence.

Resting the starters it seems like never seems to work. I would love to see stats on that type of a thing, never have.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lamar Jackson is a product of ESPN and Mike Florio race baiting efforts. In a very short career they have annointed him as a HOF QB and better than Peyton Manning
Then, again, fans like you are dumb as fuck and gonna blame the QB regardless of a 3 week layoff, RB that went down the shitter and a playoff record of over 500 yards combined.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Then, again, fans like you are dumb as fuck and gonna blame the QB regardless of a 3 week layoff, RB that went down the shitter and a playoff record of over 500 yards combined.
Please don’t use 500 yards as a qualifier of anything. You don’t win any games with stats. The only sure way to win a game is points...he engineered 12 points. 2 FGs in 3 quarters of football. The Titans quarterback had 88 yards passing but engineered 28 points.
they beat the Bills while Lamar had 145 yards passing(257 total yards) no defensive scores
They beat the Steelers with 161 yards passing (277 total yards)no defensive scores
He should get blamed for the 3 turnovers and 12 points he got all the praise in the regular season

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please don’t use 500 yards as a qualifier of anything. You don’t win any games with stats. The only sure way to win a game is points...he engineered 12 points. 2 FGs in 3 quarters of football. They Titans quarterback had 88 yards passing but engineered 28 points.
they beat the Bills while Lamar had 145 yards passing(257 total yards) no defensive scores
They beat the Steelers with 161 yards passing (277 total yards)no defensive scores
He should get blamed for the 3 turnovers and 12 points he got all the praise in the regular season
Of course it's a qualifier. Who else could do it? Apparently nobody. It's as if you Special person fucks expected 1 man to beat an entire team. They came out cold. Got down 14 quickly. Nobody else on the team had the same effort Lamar had to win. He showed the warrior spirit and fought the good fight. Where was Ingram? Where was the D?

Why is it with you stupid fuckin' CCSers it's always the QB's fault unless we're talking about the Bears and then it's the fault of the running game, o-line, weather, plays sent in, the top 5 defense, the sun in their eyes....

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
Wins are a team metric. The Ravens really sucked all over. Bad defense, dropped passes, bad coaching, bad 4th down play calls going 0 for 4, bad red zone play calling. Didn't help that Ingram wasn't healthy and they never got the RB rushing game going.

The Titans didn't shut Lamar. He still threw a ton, still ran all over them. What they did was play smart in situations (4th down) and took away the middle of the field which is where the Ravens have killed teams and scored a lot of points. Vrabel very Belichick like in taking away a strength and trying to exploit a weakness. Jackson is not a great sideline thrower and they capitalized.

Lamar will eventually need to win playoff games, but young QB's loosing playoff games is common. Playoff success is more of a career stat. He's a 23 year old with a very long time to play If he stays healthy. Making too much of one game is stupid for a kid this young that cleary has immense talent.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Overrated or not, Id take him over Mitch ANY day of the week!

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Of course it's a qualifier. Who else could do it? Apparently nobody. It's as if you Special person fucks expected 1 man to beat an entire team. They came out cold. Got down 14 quickly. Nobody else on the team had the same effort Lamar had to win. He showed the warrior spirit and fought the good fight. Where was Ingram? Where was the D?

Why is it with you stupid fuckin' CCSers it's always the QB's fault unless we're talking about the Bears and then it's the fault of the running game, o-line, weather, plays sent in, the top 5 defense, the sun in their eyes....
Lol... 500 yards in a loss.....down 28 to 6 to start the 4th
1st ....66 total yard for Ravens ( 49 for Titans)...0-7
2nd... 150 total yards for the Ravens(90 for Titans)...6-14
3rd.... 170 total yards for the Ravens (130 for Titans) 6-28
4th.....212 total yards fro the Ravens(31 for Titans) 12-28........generally considered garbage time....

the Ravens offense , generally Lamar Jackson was given high praise and was given the MVP for the regular season but the ultimate mvp trophy would actually be the super bowl mvp to most.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Wins are a team metric. The Ravens really sucked all over. Bad defense, dropped passes, bad coaching, bad 4th down play calls going 0 for 4, bad red zone play calling. Didn't help that Ingram wasn't healthy and they never got the RB rushing game going.

The Titans didn't shut Lamar. He still threw a ton, still ran all over them. What they did was play smart in situations (4th down) and took away the middle of the field which is where the Ravens have killed teams and scored a lot of points. Vrabel very Belichick like in taking away a strength and trying to exploit a weakness. Jackson is not a great sideline thrower and they capitalized.

Lamar will eventually need to win playoff games, but young QB's loosing playoff games is common. Playoff success is more of a career stat. He's a 23 year old with a very long time to play If he stays healthy. Making too much of one game is stupid for a kid this young that cleary has immense talent.
Actually this is his second flop in the playoffs.....we gave him the first one. This one was bad. They shut down Lamar as far as scoring and that was more important than his yardage

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol... 500 yards in a loss.....down 28 to 6 to start the 4th
1st ....66 total yard for Ravens ( 49 for Titans)...0-7
2nd... 150 total yards for the Ravens(90 for Titans)...6-14
3rd.... 170 total yards for the Ravens (130 for Titans) 6-28
4th.....212 total yards fro the Ravens(31 for Titans) 12-28........generally considered garbage time....

the Ravens offense , generally Lamar Jackson was given high praise and was given the MVP for the regular season but the ultimate mvp trophy would actually be the super bowl mvp to most.
You're shortsighted and outright stupid. There's no fixing that. Only 1 Raven's player gave max effort. That's a big reason for their loss.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He is far from overrated
Yeah...I know that, but the thread is asking if he is, and Im saying, IF that is overrated, id take that everyday over mitch.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah...I know that, but the thread is asking if he is, and Im saying, IF that is overrated, id take that everyday over mitch.
Kool

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You're shortsighted and outright stupid. There's no fixing that. Only 1 Raven's player gave max effort. That's a big reason for their loss.
Really? I’d like you to tell them that to their faces. They got beat by a team that was not scared of them and the Ravens took that lightly. Why are people afraid to admit they may be wrong. Tennessee knew to shut down everyone and contain Jackson... he might be good but he cannot win by himself. Classic Bill Belichick coaching style. Your words do not hurt me.....but they confirm what is really truthful.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Resting the starters it seems like never seems to work. I would love to see stats on that type of a thing, never have.
It really depends on what you're referring to. If you mean getting the bye week in the playoffs doesn't help, that's not true. When you look at winning percentages during the wildcard and Conference Championship rounds, the home team typically wins around 67% of the time. However, it's about 75% for home teams in the divisional round. And as you know, all home teams in the divisional round are coming off a bye week.

If you're referring to resting your players in week 17 going in, then I have no clue.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I have been evaluating great QBs before you were born. Lamar is 1/2 talent and 1/2 ESPN fabrication

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It really depends on what you're referring to. If you mean getting the bye week in the playoffs doesn't help, that's not true. When you look at winning percentages during the wildcard and Conference Championship rounds, the home team typically wins around 67% of the time. However, it's about 75% for home teams in the divisional round. And as you know, all home teams in the divisional round are coming off a bye week.

If you're referring to resting your players in week 17 going in, then I have no clue.

Yes, I was referring to resting week 17 and also having a bye, thus missing 2 weeks.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really? I’d like you to tell them that to their faces. They got beat by a team that was not scared of them and the Ravens took that lightly. Why are people afraid to admit they may be wrong. Tennessee knew to shut down everyone and contain Jackson... he might be good but he cannot win by himself. Classic Bill Belichick coaching style. Your words do not hurt me.....but they confirm what is really truthful.
My words simply state fact and are not aimed to hurt.

I'd have no problem telling them. 4th and short calls were predictable. Ingram did nothing. Defense got blown of the ball constantly as if they were a bunch of girls. Henry stiff armed them constantly as if they were bitches not worthy of being on the same field as the big man.