Do bears fans need to get over mahomes and watson?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Worse? Really? The Bears could have traded down got more pucks picked up Aaron Rodgers and Frank Gore and kept Rodgers from our arch rivals. That is by far the worst blunder period. We don’t have to play those 2 twice a year. Mistakes are made yearly by GMs...not drafting Rodgers when your quarterback was Rex and Kyle is beyond blundering
They made the superbowl after that season. It was a solid draft by JA overall minus the benson pick.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Unless you are paid by halas hall, why would you not complain? The franchise constantly needs to be reminded of its ineptitude. It's not easy getting over things like this. Blazers fans still arent over bowie over mj and oden over durant. It's natural to feel this way as a fan and pace nuthuggers should not ruin it. My question to the "get over it" crowd is are you guys not true fans. Does it not hurt that the gm that made this blunder still has a job?
There is a difference between getting over something and complaining about something.

Rodgers getting snubbed to the 24th pick in the draft. He will never get over that. But you don't see him complaining about that in interviews every time he opens his mouth.

What are you gaining by posting the same complaints over and over again? If you want to boycott the Bears so they don't profit off of your money, then that's fine. You are making a stand. Complaining does nothing though.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They made the superbowl after that season. It was a solid draft by JA overall minus the benson pick.
Of course 2 of the main reasons we lost were Rex and Bensen. Not sure how passing on Rodgers is not worse? He has singlehandedly beat us every year for the most part. Frank Gore was taken in the 3rd round. He played how long?
thank GOD some of you are not the GM

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Of course 2 of the main reasons we lost were Rex and Bensen. Not sure how passing on Rodgers is not worse? He has singlehandedly beat us every year for the most part. Frank Gore was taken in the 3rd round. He played how long?
thank GOD some of you are not the GM
Is this a new thing by pace lovers. Bringing up something 15 years ago from a gm that is no longer here. Pace is still here and he should be the one we should be criticizing.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Is this a new thing by pace lovers. Bringing up something 15 years ago from a gm that is no longer here. Pace is still here and he should be the one we should be criticizing.
I guess you would have to ask the Pace lovers about that but If we had done the right thing in 2005 Pace would not be here at all. If you are gonna keep criticizing the past I’m gonna go with the worse if the two in my opinion.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
What would make me feel better now is if Pace wasn’t allowed to make another QB evaluation/signing. Why we don’t move on is that we know this beloved bozo organization will give the clown another crack at it. He doesn’t deserve that chance. He sucks.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
What would make me feel better now is if Pace wasn’t allowed to make another QB evaluation/signing. Why we don’t move on is that we know this beloved bozo organization will give the clown another crack at it. He doesn’t deserve that chance. He sucks.
yep. The guy thought glennon was the next matt ryan and trubs was the next brees. Cant fail any bigger than that.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
And was close to trading up for mariotta

he’s a disaster
He got scared the browns where going to jump him? The fucking browns? That should have have been enough to scare most competent gms.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Why couldn't the Browns have just drafted Trubisky number 1 overall dammit? They wanted him so bad yet they got cute and thought they could get both Garrett and Trubisky. What was their 2nd top 10 pick at? 6 or 7?

If the Browns took Trubisky, we atleast would have had Adams who is an awesome safety. And we would have had 3 extra mid round picks.

Seriously though. I don't give a fuck if any of you get over Pace for fucking up or not. You should... but that's up to you. What I do care about is stopping the retarding posting the same shit over and over again about it. A) You are not funny. B) You are not original. C) You are not productive talking about something that has been discussed non stop on here.

They thought they could get him at 12. Because the saints wanted Mahomes at #11.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
The reason Pace is taking this much heat about picking Mitch, at least in my opinion, is that he gave draft capital up to move up a spot to get his guy, when all he had to do was wait for pick 3 and he would have had him. I know some would say that others where ready to swoop in to take him at 2, but no one really knows this for sure, but If he picks him at 3, and it turns out like this with Mitch, then most would probably say, hey he missed. But the fact he moved up to get him is what is killing him.

With that excuse for Pace out of the way, let me say this, I think Pace is not a very good GM. He has way to many misses in the top rounds, he sticks with bad picks until their rookie deals run out, then, and only then, he cuts them. He refuses to admit mistakes and correct them when he has made them, he built a team mainly from FA, very little draft. That may get you one winning season here and there, but no way to build for long term success.

He has had 5 years, one wining season, no playoff wins.

After this next losing season the entire bunch, from GM, to scouts, to coaches, need to go so that the accountant can take another dart throw at the GM board.

Such is how the Bears operate.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I don't know.

I think it's like not asking your high school crush to grad. It was a missed opportunity that will haunt every cowardly decision you make going forward.

Or more accurately, it will constantly be an excuse not to move on.

Use whatever line of logic you choose when bringing up players who never wore a Bears uni.

Last edited:

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace is a known racist. Also look at his top 3 reasons he drafted Mitch and you can clearly see his stupidity is the reason the Bears can't have nice things.

1. Mitch was white
2. Thought Mitch showed moxie in the Sun Bowl game, a game in which he showed himself to be tentative, very bad at reading defense, poor deep accuracy and tossed a game sealing pick 6.
3. Mitch won him over with the car he drove.

I'll just bet you that he gave up the farm and any chance to remedy this by signing this white guy named Kahlil Mack???????????????

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I'll just bet you that he gave up the farm and any chance to remedy this by signing this white guy named Kahlil Mack???????????????
apples to oranges. Blacks have been traditionally discriminated against in the qb position. That is not the with lb/de

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Leave it to the fans of these lovable losers to find a way to cover up the horrific mistakes of this shit franchise. It’s like fucking Stockholm syndrome for these loser fans.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
We seriously need to get over it at this point because there is not a damn thing we or the Bears can do about it anymore. The whole situation has to be looked at in context and not through what we are seeing today because the truth is how all 3 look today (Mitch, Mahomes and Watson) may have looked entirely different had they gone to different teams.

The fact is, going into that 2017 Draft, all 3 guys were considered first rounders but all had their detractions: Mitch only had 13 starts, Mahomes played for Texas Tech and a gimmicky offense, people didn't think Watson could read a defense and wouldn't be able to run like that in the NFL. The truth is, the only one of those 3 that may have looked the part was Watson because on the biggest stage, he balled out against the very best (both those games against Bama). Back in 2017, that is who I would have drafted if I was the Bears.

Why people are super pissed is what we gave up, to move up 1 spot, and picked the guy that has looked promising at times but is far behind the other two. Well, once again, context key so lets look at why:
  • Mitch started only 1 season in a very simplistic RPO 1 read offense, put up good numbers
  • Mahomes started 2 years + in a precision timing offense (many considered Gimmicky) and had monster numbers
  • Watson started 2 years + in a multi-read RPO and put up monster numbers
So we took the guy with the least amount of experience because many though he had the best package of attributes (size, speed, mobility, arm strength, etc).

Now here is where a lot of context comes into play, which means that maybe things don't work out the way we wished if we could do it all over again:
  • Mitch goes to a team in full rebuild, with a coaching staff that knows they aren't surviving the year, and plays behind a shit QB in Glennon so basically no way for him to sit, learn and understand. Not to mention, the Bears had basically NOTHING at the skill positions, no elite speed and they were going to have a whole new offense in the next year.
  • Mahomes goes to a ready made team, with a system not much different than what he ran in college. He got to sit behind a very solid and intelligent QB in Smith for a full year. He had elite weapons galore around him with track level speed (Hill, Kelce, Hunt). He came into a perfect situation and a very weak division
  • Watson goes to a team that had a winning record the previous 3 years, an elite #1 receiver (Hopkins) and coaching staff that had been in place for a couple of years and knew they would be back, and a HC, that for all his faults, does adapt his teams play to what his players are good at.
The fact is Mitch, with plenty of faults of his own, so he isn't off the hook, came into the worst situation of the 3 by far so it's not surprising that he also happens to be the worst of the 3.

Do you honestly think that Mahomes would be doing this well if we had drafted him? No one to throw to, a shit coaching staff that knew they were all getting fired. Mahomes may have more or less ended up like David Carr all those years ago: tons of talent but shit around him and got his ass kicked so bad he was never the same.

That fact is, it is not as simple as saying "If we had only drafted X". Mitch has faults, but the cold hard truth is that as the primary issue is with the Bears Organization as a whole. Mitch is a symptom, not the problem

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What, in the last 100 years, makes you think that if we drafted those QB's they would have succeeded?

Yea, no.
I know right? They’ll just go on to have great careers for other teams like....uhhh.....ummm.... well there was.....

Oh never mind, this is just a dumbass lazy narrative used by Mitch and Pace defenders because they don’t like the difference in opinion.

I personally will always bitch about it because it’s franchise altering. It’s not over. It’s not done. People act like it’s the past but we’re living it every week. we’ll live it Super Bowl weekend. We’ll live it over the next 10 years as the two QBs the bears passed on go into have great careers while the bears end up rebuilding. The Trubisky pick set the bears back years. I know @msadows doesnt believe it but he has no clue what he’s talking about.

Stay mad Bears fans. Ryan Pace fucked them out of a dynasty.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Not getting over something that you have 0 control over is irrational and dumb. Bring upset isn't somehow going to make this franchise better.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When Ryan Pace is fired.

Until that time, it is relevant because the man who made the mistake is still here.